It Might Get Loud DVD out in the UK today

It's already out here in the U.S. and i finally got to see it and I'm glad that i did. What a fantastic film featuring three excellent guitarists. The highlight was near the end when all three jammed out to "In My Time of Dying." I was marking out like crazy. :hurrah:

• 3 months later...

I recently read a quote from Jimmy about this film wherein he said, "There's a hell of a lot of stuff in there that shouldn't be," or words to that effect. Any idea what His Pageness might be referring to?

I know he had tried to get a couple of mistakes corrected but it was too late in the process for that to be done (I'm guessing the home movie-type footage of him going to a studio session labeled "1968" was way off, and I think a Zep song was mistitled in another bit). Still, I wouldn't think there are "a hell of a lot" of mistakes in the film, and maybe the Dark Lord was referring to something else, something he wasn't happy with.

Mistakes or no mistakes, it's a great movie. I just love Jimmy and I think this movie helps me know more about him. Not at how he plays the guitar, but his personality and sense of humor. It's funny when he say's "oh sh-t" near the end. That made me laugh so hard! :D

The U.S. cable channels (one of the Starz movie channels IIRC) are showing IMGL now! Came across it this week when I was channel surfing. Soon all shall know the power of the Dark Lord... ahem, excuse me. Lovely to see the dapper silver-haired gent touring Headley Grange manor.

• 2 months later...

Even for those of you who saw the movie, get this DVD. One of the extras is Page alone in a room playing a great new acoustic piece. Much more "finished" sounding as a piece of music than the two "Embryos" in the movie.

That and the other extras are well worth the cost!

Even for those of you who saw the movie, get this DVD. One of the extras is Page alone in a room playing a great new acoustic piece. Much more "finished" sounding as a piece of music than the two "Embryos" in the movie.

That and the other extras are well worth the cost!

Indeed, the theramin section and Jimmy showing 'The Edge' Kashmir is priceless...

http://www.artofthetitle.com/2010/08/09/it-might-get-loud/

I was searching online and found this interesting link/article regarding the title sequence for "It Might Get Loud".

There are some pictures including Jimmy Page's writing to see.

R B)

Interesting. Why do you suppose Jimmy wrote out the alphabet and numbers 1 through 9 (to zero actually)? Was he doing a numerology thing one wonders. Edge's sample is also strange. Quirky people, these musicians...

Not sure, but it looks like they just wanted to have a handwriting sample.

Like most artists I know, they usually print in upper case letters when writing, except when writing their signature(s).

R B)

They used their handwriting for some of the titles in the movie.

i.e.

post-5-092689100 1281704122_thumb.jpg

With the whole alphabet, they could try to create other words if need, but I don't remember if they actually did that.

Very cool. Thanks again, Sam. :)

I'll have to go back and watch the dvd again this weekend.

That, I'm sure, gives a more personal touch to this, indeed.

R B)

• 2 weeks later...

It's a really fascinating documentary. Before I seen it, I felt that Jack White was trying to be too much like Jimmy Page, but I'm more appreciative after he mentioned all the major Blues artists.

The sequence where Jimmy, The Edge and Jack play In My Time of Dying is sublime.

Archived