The Motley Crue Thread

SteveAJones

What's Happening - January 15, 2009

Nikki Sixx will be co-hosting (with Kerri Kasem ) “The Sixx Sense with Nikki Sixx”, a radio show that will play rock music and promises a look inside the life of a rock star. No word yet on how “Tattoo Corner, a Look at Nikki’s tats” will play out on the radio

...Vince Neil has just opened up an airline charter service, Vince Neil Aviation, based in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to no baggage fees, guests receive complimentary tattoos, tequila, and visors (like the ones worn by Vince in the '90s).

Hawaiian shirts (like the ones worn by Vince in the nineties) are not included…

…Ramon Sampson beat out Tommy Lee, Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters), and John Tempestra (The Cult) in the Guitar Center DRUM OFF in L.A. this past week, answering the age old question: What do drummers do in the winter months when not on tour?...

...Mick Mars attended NAMM at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA on Saturday, January 16, 2010. He

was at the Fender booth at about 1:30pm and at the Marshall booth at around 2:30pm...

A Gritty Homage to Motley Crue in 'The Dirt'

Heard on National Public Radio's All Things Considered

January 11, 2010 - ROBERT SIEGEL, host:

Now, a book that one celebrated writer considers his guilty or not-so-guilty pleasure. Charles Bock is a novelist. Critics swooned last year over his book "Beautiful Children." And for us, Bock swoons over something less literary for our series My Guilty Pleasure.

Mr. CHARLES BOCK (Author, "Beautiful Children"): I feel no guilt whatsoever about my love for "Motley Crue: The Dirt Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band." I say this while admitting that Motley Crue's music was its own cliche a form of lowest-common-denominator hair metal that dominated the rock world during that regrettable time known as the '80s.

The Crue's album titles include such demure offerings as "Shout at the Devil," "Theatre of Pain" and "Doctor Feelgood."

But band quality has no correlation with a quality reading experience. I say to you "The Dirt" is the singularly greatest sex, drugs, rock reading experience of our age. It's one of the all-time great rock bios. Not one sentence in its 448 pages is about Motley's music, which is even more impressive and appropriate.

Chapters are narrated by the band's members: Nikki Sixx, Vince Neil, Tommy Lee and Mick Mars. We start with them as delicate unknowns, torching cockroaches with hairspray in their rat hole pad off Sunset Boulevard.

So what if young Nikki knew so little about music that he showed up at practice thinking the six-string he just stole was a bass? So what if front man Vince Neil regularly could not remember lyrics during concerts? With their black leather, apocalyptic makeup and penchant for setting themselves aflame onstage, Motley Crue was a blunt reaction to the peppish, skinny tie new wave music in vogue at the time. Moreover, the band's ravenous appetite was indicative of the gluttony that epitomized the '80s.

Ghostwriter Neil Strauss deserves combat pay for getting Motley's inner circle to reconstruct this glorious, ridiculous time, from L.A.'s club and flier scene to the newly minted power broker that was MTV, all the barroom fights and upside down drum solos, the strippers and rehab stints and marriages gone wrong.

There's Vince Neil's drunk driving accident that killed a friend from another band. The poetry Tommy Lee writes to Pamela Anderson from jail months after their infamous sex tape. The time Nikki Sixx was declared dead from a heroin overdose, then woke up, left the hospital and changed his answering machine to say: Hey, it's Nikki. I'm not here because I'm dead.

Supposedly, a movie of "The Dirt" in development, it can't possibly be any good. This is too sprawling, too wild, an experience that's better off read and left to the mind's interpretation. So go get "The Dirt." Not a guilty pleasure, just a rocking good read.

Edited by SteveAJones

What's Happening - January 15, 2009

Nikki Sixx will be co-hosting (with Kerri Kasem ) “The Sixx Sense with Nikki Sixx”, a radio show that will play rock music and promises a look inside the life of a rock star. No word yet on how “Tattoo Corner, a Look at Nikki’s tats” will play out on the radio

...Vince Neil has just opened up an airline charter service, Vince Neil Aviation, based in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to no baggage fees, guests receive complimentary tattoos, tequila, and visors (like the ones worn by Vince in the '90s).

Hawaiian shirts (like the ones worn by Vince in the nineties) are not included…

…Ramon Sampson beat out Tommy Lee, Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters), and John Tempestra (The Cult) in the Guitar Center DRUM OFF in L.A. this past week, answering the age old question: What do drummers do in the winter months when not on tour?...

...Mick Mars attended NAMM at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA on Saturday, January 16, 2010. He

was at the Fender booth at about 1:30pm and at the Marshall booth at around 2:30pm...

Have you been over to The Public Domain and seen Tommy Lee's compilation of free on line submissions to his up coming album?

Edited by BonzoLikeDrumer

Hi:

The band will be in London Canada on Feb 1 at The John Labatt Centre http://www.johnlabattcentre.com/

I believe the tour is called The Dead of Winter...how appropriate...sorry guys..it's been a mild one so far in this part of Canada,eh?

Joe Perry Project opens as well as another band..

Have fun if ya go..I can't get to this gig..

Edited by Juliet

Motley Crue - The Dead of Winter Tour

Special Guests: The Joe Perry Project

• 1/23 - Victoria, BC – Save-On Foods Memorial Centre
  • 1/24 - Vancouver, BC – GM Place
  • 1/26 - Calgary, AB – Pengrowth Saddledome
  • 1/27 - Edmonton, AB – Rexall Place
  • 1/28 - Regina, SK – Brandt Centre
  • 1/29 - Winnipeg, MB – MTS Centre
  • 2/1 - London, ON – John Labatt Centre
  • 2/2 – Quebec City, PQ – Colisee Pepsi
  • 2/4 - Toronto, ON – Air Canada Centre
  • 2/5 – Montreal, PQ – Bell Centre

Edited by SteveAJones

February 2, 2010

"Years ago an unauthorized biography called An Education in Rebellion was written about me without my approval or support. It was never endorsed. In fact, I disapproved and considered legal action because I felt fans were getting ripped off by being sold a book without my involvement.

I feel fans have bought it under the assumption that I approved of it because the writers have collected interviews from people that make it seem relevant – these people who were interviewed have told me afterwards that they had no idea that their conversations were being used for an unauthorized book. I want to say that I do not, now or ever, approve of people riding the coattails of other people's hard work and personal lives - this is criminal in my opinion. This is no different than what the paparazzi does or the gossipy crap that perches like vultures on our newsstands with magazines like the National Enquirer.

The writer and publisher are now “re-releasing” the book with updated information based on my success with Mötley Crüe, Sixx: A.M., The Heroin Diaries and other ventures I'm involved in. It's scummy at best to be honest. My attorneys have already sent them legal letters directing them to stop but they know the loop holes and how to get around them. Believe it or not, the law allows anyone to write a book about anyone else without getting proper permission which is really crazy because my fans think this was endorsed or approved by me and it’s not.

This is sad. These people are now partnering up with a company to sell ownership rights to the book's master rights even though they are my life rights - again, bordering on scum. As a fan of music I do not buy anything unauthorized because I know, unless the artist signs off on it, its hearsay, gossip, and made up to pad the pockets of the writers, publishers, etc. Their website gives people the false impression that these "auctions" have the fans buying some portion of revenues that go to artists or songwriters. In my case at least, nothing could be further from the truth. Nothing comes to me or my family. It’s hurtful.

It's this kind of thing that makes me even more excited to do the Sixx Sense radio show. I look forward to shining a spotlight on issues like this one - issues that go unnoticed and issues that may otherwise slip through the cracks.

In the end I worry about the fans being ripped off. I cannot (nor can any of my friends in the public eye) stop these bottom feeders. If you want to know about Mötley Crüe, get The Dirt. If you want to know about band members, get their individual books, but don't support this type of behavior on this or any artists.... they say they're excited to share this with fans and that may be so, but if it's not about the money... then donate it to charity...

Thank You, Nikki Sixx."

• 1 year later...

The Mötley Crüe and Poison summer tour rumor has finally become reality. This summer these two 80′s metal greats will dominate over three dozen North American cities June through August. This will also make for an interesting matchup as some Crüe-heads out there may think they are way too cool for a Poison show and some Poison chicks out there may feel that the Crüe is too lewd for their fallen angel souls. Either way, both bands are going to put on a sick show. Supporting on most of the dates are the legendary New York Dolls.

Mötley Crüe, Poison and New York Dolls

2011 Summer Tour Dates

JUNE

7 Dallas, TX Gexa Energy Pavilion

9 San Antonio, TX AT&T Center

10 Houston, TX Toyota Center

12 Albuquerque, NM Hard Rock Pavilion

14 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl

15 San Francisco, CA Bill Graham Civic Auditorium

17 Phoenix, AZ Desert Sky Pavilion

18 Las Vegas, NV Venue TBD

19 Salt Lake City, UT USANA Amphitheater

21 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center

22 Maryland Heights, MO Verizon Wireless Amphitheater

24 Minneapolis, MN Target Center

25 Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center

26 Cincinnati, OH Riverbend Music Center

28 Toronto, ON Molson Ampitheater

29 Clarkston, MI DTE Energy Music Theatre

JULY

1 Tinley Park, IL FMB Amphitheater

2 Noblesville, IN Verizon Wireless Music Center

3 Nashville, TN Bridgestone Arena

5 Hollywood, FL Seminole Hard Rock Live Arena

6 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum

8 Biloxi, MS Mississippi Coast Coliseum

9 Pelham, AL Verizon Wireless Music Center (Mötley Crüe & NY Dolls Only)

10 Atlanta, GA Aaron's Amphitheater at Lakewood

12 Charlotte, NC Verizon Wireless Amphitheater

13 Hershey, PA Star Pavilion at Hershey Park

15 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena

16 Camden, NJ Susquehanna Bank Center

19 Mansfield, MA Comcast Center

20 Uniondale, NY Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum

22 Darien Lakes, NY Darien Lakes Performing Arts Center

23 Saratoga Springs, NY Saratoga Performing Arts Center

24 Pittsburgh, PA Stage AE

27 Cheyenne, WY Frontier Days (Mötley Crüe Only)

29 Youngstown, OH Covelli Centre

30 Frederick, MD Outlaw Jam 2011

31 Scranton, PA Toyota Pavilion at Montage Mountain

AUGUST

5 Tomah, WI Fort MCoy

Edited by SteveAJones

I am a fan of Motley Crue. Saw them in their hey-day- opening for Ozzy Osbourne on his Bark at the Moon tour and they were touring for their Shout at the Devil album, this was in early 1984 at the Summit in Houston, Texas. I saw them again the next year at the same venue and they were headliners touring for the Theatre of Pain album with Y&T opening up for them. Still have my ticket stubs and my t-shirt from the second time I saw them.

I also want to add I think the self titled cd they did with John Corabi in 1994 is a fantastic album.

I am a fan of Motley Crue. Saw them in their hey-day- opening for Ozzy Osbourne on his Bark at the Moon tour and they were touring for their Shout at the Devil album, this was in early 1984 at the Summit in Houston, Texas. I saw them again the next year at the same venue and they were headliners touring for the Theatre of Pain album with Y&T opening up for them. Still have my ticket stubs and my t-shirt from the second time I saw them.

I also want to add I think the self titled cd they did with John Corabi in 1994 is a fantastic album.

Nikki Sixx is uber cool & a brilliant songwriter. Thinking of flying in to catch the tour. Perhaps we'll hit a Texas show together.

Edited by SteveAJones

• 3 months later...

The Mötley Crüe and Poison summer tour rumor has finally become reality. This summer these two 80′s metal greats will dominate over three dozen North American cities June through August. This will also make for an interesting matchup as some Crüe-heads out there may think they are way too cool for a Poison show and some Poison chicks out there may feel that the Crüe is too lewd for their fallen angel souls. Either way, both bands are going to put on a sick show. Supporting on most of the dates are the legendary New York Dolls.

Mötley Crüe, Poison and New York Dolls

2011 Summer Tour Dates

June 28 Toronto

Well, of course they are too lewd for their fallen angel souls. That's off the top. :lol:

Guitarist C.C. DeVille confessed that the phrase "unskinny bop" has no particular meaning. He invented it as a temporary measure while writing the song, before vocalist Bret Michaels had begun working on the lyrics. The phrase was used on the basis that it was phonetically suited to the music. The song was later played to producer Fairbairn, who stated that although he did not know what an "unskinny bop" was, the phrase was perfect.

source: wiki

Unskinny Bop

By Poison

Edited by Silver Rider

• 1 month later...

Motley Crue are coming to Japan! Don't miss their only Japanese shows for 2011.

Tickets will go on sale 8/27 and 8/28.

Date / City / Venue

9/28 / Nagoya / Zepp

9/29 / Osaka / Zepp

9/30 / Osaka / Zepp

10/3 / Tokyo / Zepp

10/4 / Tokyo / Zepp

10/5 / Tokyo / Zepp

Motley_Crue.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They probably will play Tokyo, the tour goes until the end of 2015.

Yes, I have since learned the plan is to take the tour overseas in 2015 before concluding with a few final dates in North America. The guys love to play Japan so it seems there's no longer any question about them returning here. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

• 10 months later...

:stereo: on blasting out Motley Cure self titled album with John Corabi, which was the album that was the first album by the cure, which made me off the mark to going backwards to the albums by the Motley Cure . well to telling you all its the albums GGG/TOP/DFG sorry if others here don't like my choices with the band. albums but to me IMHO its the album with JC that's there best ever album to date... ballsy bluesy rock `n` roll... :yourock: