Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
erings

Love at first listen

So, for Christmas I gave my man 2 new LZ cds (Presence and III) and much of this music is new(ish) to us. (Believe it or not!!) and I have fallen in love with a whole lotta new songs!

But the one that I can't get out of my head and always makes me smile is Tangerine. I fell in love at first listen:rolleyes:!!

I wondered if anyone else had a LZ song that they fell in love with the first time they ever heard it?!?

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

cheer!

e

Hey, Hey What Can I Do :)

me too, obviously :P

Really there are so many I cannot list them all, but some others that stand out in my mind are Gallows Pole, Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp, The Wanton Song, Rock and Roll, Your Time Is Gonna Come, and Bring It On Home.

I was 9 years old and my first LZ song I heard was I Can't Quit You Babe. So that one will always be a little special to me for that reason.

Literally made me stand up lean in and ask who was that! A moment in my life I will never forget.

"Kashmir" was the first song of theirs i fell in love with. It began my love for Zeppelin. Since then, i have loved almost every song i have ever heard from them. It's not hard to. :D

"Kashmir" was the first song of theirs i fell in love with. It began my love for Zeppelin. Since then, i have loved almost every song i have ever heard from them. It's not hard to. :D

Sure isn't!!

Tangerine, the song is number one on my I pod

Love it!!!!

It's #1 on my iTunes!! No other song can catch up!!

I was 9 years old and my first LZ song I heard was I Can't Quit You Babe. So that one will always be a little special to me for that reason.

Literally made me stand up lean in and ask who was that! A moment in my life I will never forget.

Great story Deborah! I'm a little older :rolleyes:, but had the same kind of experience. I walked over to the computer and double checked what iTunes was playing - it was awesome!!

There is a ton of other tunes I love, but, like yours Deborah, Tangerine is a little special to me!

Kashmir blew my mind when I was 4-5 years old. I must have heard it on the radio, but I used to watch a lot of music shows. (This was before MTV).

Dazed and Confused, ('I' was the very first album I got with my friend's gift card and that was the song that grabbed me back in again).

Since I've Been Loving You (fell madly in love with Jimmy watching him play that in SRTS, also bought the same day as 'I').

Dazed and Confused--heard it on the radio, never heard of the band before (nor had anyone else), I heard that bass-line that pulled me in because it sounded like it was leading up to something maybe strange and interesting, and then there were these unearthly notes coming from what turned out to be a guitar, and by that time I was fascinated and couldn't wait to see where it would go next--and it went all over the place, and by the end it had become toe-tapping and head-banging, and I was wondering what else these guys had got . . .

The whole of the 4th album which is the first exposure I had to Zep but probably "That's The Way" which I discovered later on and was blown away by the beauty of it. Still one of my faves to this day.

It was Kashmir, live at Knebworth. I searched for their videos on youtube (I wasn't a fan then) and Kashmir was the first I watched. Fell in love instantly!!

Stairway to Heaven, SIBLY, Ten Years Gone, Kashmir and You Shook Me are all songs I really fell for when I first heard them, each one of them blew me away, and still do.

I was already a fan for some time but hearing on the radio "Tangerine" & "That's The Way" both for the first time, back to back, sealed it for me. I went out & bought LZ3 the next day after school.

the first led zeppelin i ever heard was "IV". i don't remember which song exactly, but i know i was entranced by the "out of this worldness" of "four sticks" and "the battle of evermore", and the mind blowing "when the levee breaks ". it was eminating from my older brothers tiny tape deck, and even though the sound quality must have been rediculously bad, they still sounded better than anything i had heard till then!

i was about 12 years old.

a song i only heard for the first time a couple of years ago was "travelling riverside blues" and again i thought "wow, another unique sound".

Edited by slave to zep

the first led zeppelin i ever heard was "IV". i don't remember which song exactly, but i know i was entranced by the "out of this worldness" of "four sticks" and "the battle of evermore", and the mind blowing "when the levee breaks ". it was eminating from my older brothers tiny tape deck, and even though the sound quality must have been rediculously bad, they still sounded better than anything i had heard till then!

i was about 12 years old.

a song i only heard for the first time a couple of years ago was "travelling riverside blues" and again i thought "wow, another unique sound".

I remember hearing that song for the first time on a radio station. The dj at the radio station happened to phone that week where I was working and I asked what the song was, surprised I didn't know all of Zep's songs at that point. She played it again on her show and dedicated it to me :D

I remember hearing that song for the first time on a radio station. The dj at the radio station happened to phone that week where I was working and I asked what the song was, surprised I didn't know all of Zep's songs at that point. She played it again on her show and dedicated it to me :D

hey, that's cool! :D

while i'd struggle to include this song in my top 10

now, "whole lotta love" did it for me. in 1978

most people still had am radios in their cars....

so to hear that stereo sepperation (on my pos

by todays standards stereo that i begged for for x-mas)

it was outta body like cool to a 14yr old head.

i'd lay on the floor between the speakers and

close my eyes and float away. if i'd had home

surround sound back then they'd have found me

comatose in a chair like christopher reeves in

the movie "somewhere in time".

I remember when i first heard Over the hills and that just blew my mind cuz it was like hearing a story with bookends. But the two songs that made me completely obsessed was That's The Way and the ocean

I thought That's The Way was one of the most beautiful songs ever written

When i first heard the ocean on How the wast was won i was like, These four guys came up with the most fun song ever and are having the best time playing it live.