Love at first listen

erings

• 2 weeks later...

Stairway... I loved it so much that I used to think of it at night before I sleep ^_^ And also D'Yer Mak'er... I fell in love with that song and Plant's voice :wub:

There are too many to count. I'd say the ones that really hit me when I was first getting into Zeppelin were Black Dog, Kashmir, Trampled Under

Foot, All My Love, D'Yer Mak'er and When the Levee Breaks. Although Stairway is my favorite Zeppelin song, when I first heard it, I didn't

understand all the hype around it. That changed quickly! tongue.gif

• 1 month later...

The very first LZ album that I listened to was LZ II in 1969. On that very first time hearing WLL, I was astounded and blown away! I had N-E-V-E-R heard ANYTHING like WLL before in my life. I was 14 at the time.

The next Zeppelin song that blew me away was HB. I had N-E-V-E-R heard ANYTHING like HB before!

After that, I was hooked FOR GOOD !

I remember buying LZ I after LZ II, and GTBT was an instant love. It gives me chills to this day ! ! :)

"Black Dog" pretty much sealed the deal for me! That was my first Zep song at the age of 12...I was in the car with my dad and he was taking me to the dentist and I was really scared, so to cheer me up, he pretty much gave me my first taste of Led Zeppelin! :D

Other Led Zep songs which I fell in love with on first listen :

Achilles Last Stand

Ten Years Gone

Immigrant Song

Trampled Under Foot

In My Time Of Dying

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Dazed And Confused

Stairway To Heaven

Heartbreaker

The Song Remains The Same

Ramble On

Celebration Day

I started listening to Zeppelin in 1990 at the age of 12 when a friend of mine made me a tape of the Remasters double album. The first song that really grabbed me was Babe I'm Gonna Leave You. I loved the acoustic guitar on that song, I thought I've never heard a guitar sound so beautiful, then the song radically changes direction on the chorus - I thought this is amazing. I'd never heard anything like it. :) The other ones were Immigrant Song and Kashmir because they're just so distinctive and immediately grad your attention.

After somebody at work told me that LZ were the greatest band of all time, I was naturally curious. I went onto you tube just to check out a couple of their tunes and the first song I listened to was "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You"... I have been hooked ever since.

Kashmir was the very first record i heard from LZ at first it sounded familiar and then i was thinking about Diddy's remake i was like...hey, this is suppose to be P Diddy's record lol. So i listen to it carefully and then i said to myself this sounds old and knowing Diddy he does remakes alot of old school classic records. So i kept hearing it i was like...who is this? lol At first i thought it was Bono and U2 i'm not kidding the first time i heard Robert Plant i thought it was Bono. :slapface: After the song when off on the radio i thought a dj would tell the people the artists and the title of the song but noooooo they went to straight to another song :rolleyes: The second time i heard Kashmir i was so anxious who sing the song i kept praying if the radio dj this time would say who sings the song the song is so long that was like one of the first longest song i ever heard. The song went off and no radio dj told me what was the name of the band singing it i was so upset that day it pissed me off. The third time i heard Kashmir i was like....please please someone just tell me who sings this song it's just a simple question lol and finally an incredible dj one beautiful summer day said "led zeppelin's kashmir" i will never forget that day i will never forget those words. I heard Led Zeppelin before but i never seen them nor heard their music before i heard Kashmir. So i start researching the band getting to know their legacy the second song i heard from LZ besides Kashmir was "Ramble On" and then "Babe I'm Gonna Leave". "Babe I'm Gonna Leave" made me really felt in love with Led Zeppelin.

Honestly, I can't remember what was the song that made me start listening to Led Zeppelin, but...

But the one that I can't get out of my head and always makes me smile is Tangerine. I fell in love at first listen:rolleyes:!!

Me too! I just couldn't stop listening to it the first time I heard it! :wub: The same situation was with Dancing days; the reaction was: "Oh God, how come I didn't hear this song earlier?"

so many great songs, so many mentioned here, were love at first listen for me. Yes, I've fallen in love a lot, but when it comes to LZ, I'm easy.

Me too, but I'd hate for you to get the wrong impression of me! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Kashmire was the first song by them that I fell in love with! I remember hearing it and thinking "this is what my life has been missing!"

Sadly i did not grow up in the 60s, 70s or even 80s....heck i was not born until 1990 haha. But i feel like this music is something that brings music lovers of all ages together.

Honestly, every song. I got into zep in the early 90s when i was 12 or 13. My brother had this "best of led zep" cassette tape that he played, only i didnt know it was led zeppelin. I was listening to the greatest music i ever heard in my life up to that point, and had no idea who it was. I asked my brother whos singing and being the typical dick older brother he said "take a guess." I had no clue and think i said billy joel or something, he said led zeppelin and i couldnt believe it. I had heard of them but just thought they were a typical "heavy metal band". Thats 1 of my favorite things about becoming a zeppelin fan, i wasnt influenced or told before beforehand how great they were, like "listen to these guys theyre the greatest band ever." This music happened to be playing that was completely blowing me away as a 13 year old, and it happened to be led zeppelin. The usual suspects were on the tape, Black Dog Rock and Roll Misty Mountain Hop Whole Lotta Love Communication Breakdown, etc. I remember once i found out all the names of the songs that Over The Hills And Far Away was my fav, i remember listening to that intro over and over and over and over again. Also loved Fool In The Rain. But honestly every single song on the tape blew me away, never heard music like that before in my life. And it just continued once i got all the albums, i loved every single song, it was amazing discovering them for the first time.

THe ironic thing is that my brother isnt even a zep fan, someone made him a tape of led zep he had it on 1 day. Another even more ironic thing is when i found out robert plant was the lead singer i couldnt believe it cause i was not a robert plant fan haha. We first got cable in 1988 and me and my brother and sister would watch mtv nonstop and the Tall Cool One video was on alot and i hated the song and video. Obviously had no clue at the time that he was the singer for what would turn out to be my favorite band of all time.

The first Zeppelin tune for me was Black Dog. I was 13 years old, and was hanging out at a friends place when his older brother started playing his records. At the time it was the coolest song I had ever heard, I asked "what was that?". His brother told me the name, my friend said "I like the next one", Rock and Roll...and I have been hooked on the music of Led Zeppelin ever since, now 30 years and counting...

Archived