It Never Rains In California

redrum

Me neither! Let's see...yesterday we had a hale warning, a flash flood warning, and - get this - a TORNADO warning! :o And then, of course, boring stuff like thunder and lightning (actually, I am pretty blasé about thunderstorms now after seeing the mother of all thunderstorms in Kentucky this summer). Luckily, the tornado never showed up, but what the heck! You'd think this was Kansas or something! Except not really, because we'd be under several feet of snow right now if that was the case. I can't complain, really, considering the most ice I've seen all winter was at an indoor hockey rink.

Me neither! Let's see...yesterday we had a hale warning, a flash flood warning, and - get this - a TORNADO warning! :o And then, of course, boring stuff like thunder and lightning (actually, I am pretty blasé about thunderstorms now after seeing the mother of all thunderstorms in Kentucky this summer). Luckily, the tornado never showed up, but what the heck! You'd think this was Kansas or something! Except not really, because we'd be under several feet of snow right now if that was the case. I can't complain, really, considering the most ice I've seen all winter was at an indoor hockey rink.

Yep, I've experienced some of that west Texas thunder and lightning. :o

The song actually plays upon the idiom "When It Rains, It Pours" (it hasn't happened for a long time, and then it happens all at once...you probably knew that

I had the hots for the Morton Salt girl when I was a kid.

The song actually plays upon the idiom "When It Rains, It Pours" (it hasn't happened for a long time, and then it happens all at once...you probably knew that

I believe it was in '97 when I lived in Castro Valley, CA and El Nino was in full swing and it rained every damned day in January. Talk about depressing. :(

We battoned down our hatches on Sunday. Rain Monday. Rain Tuesday. It's been raining today since noon and it still raining. Thursday is the last front and is suppose to be the strongest one. I'll have to get out the raft and oars. :depressed:

:lol:

Funny: I was JUST talking about that.

My cousin lives in S. California. She was talking about the tornado warnings...I told her to stay in the house so she wouldn't get blown to Oz!

Then...on Facebook, I posted that we must have a tornado here too, and she asked if I got her storm! LOL

On a more serious side: I hope NO ONE gets flooded out.

We battoned down our hatches on Sunday. Rain Monday. Rain Tuesday. It's been raining today since noon and it still raining. Thursday is the last front and is suppose to be the strongest one. I'll have to get out the raft and oars. :depressed:

One good thing is it'll bring out the desert wildflowers like the time Death Valley got a lot of rain and the colors bloomed like crazy.

Desert-Pincushion-006.jpg

^that would be awesome to see!

Ibelieve it was in '97 when I lived in Castro Valley, CA and El Nino wasin full swing and it rained every damned day in January. Talk aboutdepressing. :(

I remember El Nino that year. I worked at Wendy's and we had to explain why we had no lettuce. :lol:

So much for a quick road trip to the beach. :slapface:

Coming from snow country it's weird to see plows plowing mud not snow from the roads.

Calling all MUD plows!

But seriously, I hope all our CA members are safe, as well as their homes.

Be careful guys!

:lol:

Funny: I was JUST talking about that.

My cousin lives in S. California. She was talking about the tornado warnings...I told her to stay in the house so she wouldn't get blown to Oz!

Then...on Facebook, I posted that we must have a tornado here too, and she asked if I got her storm! LOL

On a more serious side: I hope NO ONE gets flooded out.

Lol! I know, it's like, we're not in Kansas, and not "anymore," either - it never has been Kansas, and it doesn't need to start now! ;)

They're having mandatory evacuations in some parts of Los Angeles. :( I hope everybody's house is okay, and that they stay safe. I hope Mission Valley here in SD is okay...I haven't heard anything either way, but that spot always floods at the the drop of a hat, so I hope nobody's house has been damaged. I think my house is okay...it's kind of hard to explain, but my house is halfway down a hill on a cul-de-sac. The road that our cul-de-sac crosses starts at the top of the hill and continues down to the bottom, so the water follows that line and pretty much bypasses my street.

^^^Thanks for the pics.

Blue sky and sunshine does still exist. After a week of rain we have a couple of days to dry out before we get some milder rain next week.

My fence got so soaked it fell over. It was old wood and we will have to probably replace it when spring rolls around. Just another project on the list. Cha-Ching!

^that would be awesome to see!

I remember El Nino that year. I worked at Wendy's and we had to explain why we had no lettuce. laugh.gif

Speaking of El Niño...

msnbc.msn.com/id/35101381/ns/weather/

People make their way on a flooded street of the Jardim Romano neighborhood, in Sao Paulo, Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2010. Today is the thirty-fifth day that heavy rains hit the metropolitan area of the city causing heavy damage and at least 62 deaths in Sao Paulo state attributed to the rains, according to civil defense authorities. (AP Photo/Nelson Antoine)Updated: 2:31 p.m. ET January 26, 2010 URL: http://msnbc.msn.com...rstry/35101381/

100126-brazil-flooding-hlg12p_rp600.jpg

Archived