Your local/Inn/Pub/Bar/Hangout

Conneyfogle

n837223501_416038_5949.jpg

This is The Monkton Inn

God told me to drink cider as the golden arrow pointed towards I

2961_90848388501_837223501_2534039_3156503_n.jpg

Now that looks like a great atmosphere in which to socialize and consume adult beverages.

They're actually the caves of Nottingham, known as Castle Rock. You can go in them on tours and stuff. At the very top of the caves is Nottingham Castle, where the supposed showdown between the Sheriff of Nottingham and Robin Hood took place. The Trip is supposedly one of, if not the, oldest pub in the UK, so it has a lot of spooky tales, too.

They're actually the caves of Nottingham, known as Castle Rock. You can go in them on tours and stuff. At the very top of the caves is Nottingham Castle, where the supposed showdown between the Sheriff of Nottingham and Robin Hood took place. The Trip is supposedly one of, if not the, oldest pub in the UK, so it has a lot of spooky tales, too.

Very interesting! It would be great to go there some day.

Robert Hoed was his real name but who would've thought that Russel Crowe was the real Robyn Hood

robin-hood-2010.jpg

goathill1.jpg

goathill2.jpg

Goat Hill Tavern, Costa Mesa CA

Don't get there as much as I would like but go at least once a year as the owner is a member of the car club I am in. Its a very popular hole in the wall that carrys around 150 beers on tap so I can try some new beers once in a while.

goathill2.jpg

Goat Hill Tavern, Costa Mesa CA

Don't get there as much as I would like but go at least once a year as the owner is a member of the car club I am in. Its a very popular hole in the wall that carrys around 150 beers on tap so I can try some new beers once in a while.

150 beers wow that's ..erm alot!

we have loads of beer festivals that have more than that, but in a pub!

Yes, indeedy, I am.

Would you believe that I've not been there? I recognise it, just never popped in.

I fully recommend it. You can go right through the pub and drink in the caves out the back. Lots of fairly decent live music too.

Man you Brit's are so lucky! We have nothing like that around here! Just a few hole in the wall bar's and some trendy style spot's. I don't drink any more but it would be great to have spot's like these handy!

Will some one over there care to adopt me? A poor, older but up and coming musician? B)

We have nothing like that around here! Just a few hole in the wall bar's and some trendy style spot's. )

Don't worry, we have plenty of those too mate! Especially in Nottingham (The city with the highest 'licensed premises:population of legal drinking age' ratio in the UK), where every other building is a horrible chrome wine bar these days.

Shame they have such a small selection of beverages...

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

ck.gif

hysterical.gif You should see the full beer selection ! Have spent many a night Kiyian in that place laugh.gif

Not recently though sad.gifwave.gif

Archived