Jimmy with Sean P. Diddy Combs?

sailor86

It was as embarrassing as the Scissor Sister's cover of Comfortably Numb was, IMO. Just tragic. That said, if Jimmy wanted to do it (and clearly did) then that's what he wanted to do. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. I've abided by that ever since it came out.

btw the song was played on SNL and at Net Aid I believe those are the only 2 times it was played live. But SteveAJones can correct me if I'm wrong.

Or, I can correct you.... I believe that "Come With Me" was performed live by P Diddy for one of the 9-11 benefit concerts broadcast to either cable or TV.

Jimmy wanted to do something for his son that he could say "That's my dad" but by the time his son was about 16 anyway almost everyone probably his age idolized his dad for what he did in the 70s anyway.

James was 10 at the time; most of his classmates had no idea whom his father was.

James was 10 at the time; most of his classmates had no idea whom his father was.

Yeah but still by the time he was about 16 or 17 I bet most of his classmates knew who he was. A lot of teenagers today listen to older music because of how bad the music has been since the late 90s.

It's all alright up until P. Diddy comes in with his "uh-huh, yeah". It sounded like a great concept at first. The Kashmir riff is incredible. Timeless.

Exactly how I feel.

It an excellent display of light and shade with the Kashmir riff, the bass guitar (played by RATM's Tom Morello) and Jimmy's guitars.

The "I close my eyes..." section made me do a triple take the first time that I heard it.

Archived