School Thread

zoso13zeppelin

Good luck Deirdre! I don't think I have finals this year, but I had them last year.

Today, in between passing period and before the teacher came into the room, I was sitting in my seat, writing down the homework when another girl in the room started STRIPPING. She got down to her panties and her undershirt…I was like really freaked out. :o

God, people are weird. On this other board I post on, somebody said some girl walked into homeroom with her backpack on...and nothing else! :blink: Strange world...

I finally managed to break out of my B+ streak (speaking of streaks...) and got an A- on my American Renaissance paper, so yay! Then after that I got another B+ on my Hemingway paper, but that's okay. Quite good for what a complete hell this quarter has been. Whew, next week is finals, and then I'm finally done. Bleh, next week's my birthday, and what'll I be doing for it? Writing my last two papers and taking finals! <_<

Whoa, so apparently we had a bomb scare today. My only class gets out at 11:50, so I guess I must've left before the whole thing started. I guess somebody found a suspicious-looking device at the Medical School, and everybody there and from the surrounding buildings had to be evacuated. Supposedly somebody received threatening e-mails or phone calls (or both? I'm not sure) from the Animal Liberation Front before that, so the police think they had something to do with it. Assholes. What a bunch of geniuses - yeah, let's blow up humans to save animals' lives. And, putting aside the whole HELLO YOU'RE KILLING PEOPLE YOU BUNCH OF CHARLES MANSON FREAKS issue, how is blowing something up going to help the animals at all? If they were actually doing research on animals in the Medical School, all that's going to do is blow up the mice along with the people. And what, all of the sudden this is going to compel us to stop trying to save people's lives through medical research and free the lab mice because now we're shaking in our boots? Fuck you.

In other news, someone at the other state-funded university in town put the most asinine, pathetic racial slurs I've ever heard on a chalkboard today (they used Netspeak in part of it, for god's sake). Woo, "Asians can't drive"! I'm sure all the Asians are really crying in a corner now - boy, did you tell them off! :rolleyes: God, at least try to think of something witty, you C-average sons of George Bush!

I just hate my chemistry teacher

She specifically selects me for torture, and picks out my flaws, and hardly anybody else's.

She makes the day hell.

I sincerely hope you don't....................own.............a............gun!!! :o

(Joke :D )

I am so overwhelmed with everything I have to do. I hate this fucking new school. They expect us to be so damn "creative." At my old school, a private, college prep school, we were taught to write really good papers, and that's what I do. But when you want me to make a goddamn diorama or a poster or something else, I can't do it, and I get worse grades cos they're all about stupid creativity. I think that creativity is important, but not to the point of which most of my schoolwork involves making posters rather than actually learning.

Sorry, that's one of the many things about my new school that pisses me off.

I have to go to this Model United Nations conference next week and I got selected into the Security Council as the delegate of France, I'm not sure about how many delegates will be there per country, but I do know one of my really good friend is also the delegate of France.

Anyways...

I have night school this whole week, even today. I have to go school at 4:00 PM and I'll be back home at 10:00 PM. This coming Friday and Saturday are the show days.

I hear ya about the creative stuff...and group projects! Why do I have to take time out of my day to meet with 3 slackers to discuss something I could have done way better by myself? <_< Argh. At least the creative junk stopped in college, but I'm still doing group projects for some inexplicable reason. I am not a believer in the idea that homework can be fun, no matter how much you try to jazz it up, so let's cut the crap and do something that's going to actually maybe help us in the real world. God knows people could stand to learn how to write better in this age of e-mail and IM. Haha, I'm going to be a cranky teacher if that's what I decide to do. Fortunately, I'd only be torturing college students who have Thumb Screws 101 sorts of classes all the time, so count yourselves lucky, all you high school students!

I'm done for 2 months!! :D

Just because our school system is different, so these are actually my Summer holidays just now. All of the other holidays during the year are about two weeks long. Yesterday was our last day of school year so I'm kind of glad it's over for a little while. I got a good report too so I'm looking forward to Christmas quite a bit.

Oooooh that's right! You're in Australia! I was wondering why you had 2 months off! :lol:

Oh my god, it's 7am and my mum is already playing Christmas music really loud throughout the house. Can't we have like FIVE SECONDS in a day without that music?!

• 4 weeks later...
Christmas music is gay :) just like the smile face i just used

Hm… well I wouldn't say it's "gay" unless you mean "happy."

I'm not a huge fan of Xmas music, but I do like Vince Guaraldi's "A Charlie Brown Christmas." :D

School starts the day after tomorrow… Gr.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in my third year at Boise State and I pretty much hate it. :)

Fortunately I'm going to finish up all the classes I need related to my major this semester, so I am going to study abroad for my senior year next year to get the remaining elective credits and get the hell out of Cowstate.

I'm also an RA here and it is hands down the worst job a person can ever have, especially when your residents are noise Nazis who complain about rooms below them being noisy. Then of course when you go down there to ask if they can keep it down, everyone is sleeping. :rolleyes:

Archived