Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
BlackDog71

What is your favorite Page (studio) guitar solo?

I never heard of Sibly.Can someone send me the song?Which album it is on?

and the Rover.

Hearbreaker

I can't quit you

Stairway to heaven

Good times bad times

Ten years gone.

The rover.

Always amazed how Page can get so much emotions and feelin out of a few notes

from a blues scale.. :o

Edit:Live ones..:TSRTS from TSRTS..Using the 12 strings...great stuff..

Immigrant Song from DVD...

Edited by pagey

Wow.....what great responses! So many different answers. Thanks for all the replies. Keep them coming.

Scott :)

The Dazed And Confused solo had me for a couple months and so did the Whole Lotta Love solo, which I think in a sense (bah!) is better than STH.

The thread says studio solos. Here's my top five at the moment (subject to change any damn time I please ;)):

1. SIBLY

2. The Rover

3. The Lemon Song

4. Tea For One

5. Heartbreaker

Three most underrated:

1. Sick Again

2. For Your Life (though it's finally getting its just due after O2)

3. Bron-Yr-Aur

I never include Achilles Last Stand simply because there are SOOOOOO many overdubs that I think it could really count for six or eight different songs.

I love the solo in "Dazed and Confused" from 3:53-4:47. It shows, to me, his ability to move people with the guitar and make it speak volumes to the person hearing it. It is pretty dang hard to play as well. I love it and it still provides chills for me to this day. Let me know yours. B)

Achilles last stand

The solo in Achilles Last Stand has to be my fave and what I condider to be his best !!

The tone , the way the notes sing, the emotion in his playing, and also that its a little different to other ones too, its kind of quaser classical, eastern in parts !!

I have to stop what i am doing and listen to the solo when its on :):)

Stairway To Heaven is definitely my number 1

But Bron-Yr-Aur, Since I've Been Loving You, Achilles Last Stand and The Rover have great guitar solos too.

Achilles last stand

The solo in Achilles Last Stand has to be my fave and what I condider to be his best !!

The tone , the way the notes sing, the emotion in his playing, and also that its a little different to other ones too, its kind of quaser classical, eastern in parts !!

hands down.

possibly the greatest guitar solo ever, zeppelin or otherwise.

it has an otherworldly intensity that is as epic as the song itself.

Communication Breakdown

Good Time Bad Times (short but, incredible)

Tangerine

Dazed & Confused

In the Light

And to think he recorded all the guitar overdubs for that album in 1 day......

My favorites are from In Through the Out Door.

1. Fool in the Rain. I just like that groovy suboctave sound. This solo is always in my head and that's a good thing to have in there.

2. In the Evening. That banging sound when a new riff begins. What is that? It makes me think that Jimmy Page is some kind of disembodied spirit that spontaneously comes to being and the sound is what you hear as the molecules and particles of Jimmy and his Les Paul merge into a tangible form. Like some kind of quantum teleportation on stage.

In the Evening. That banging sound when a new riff begins. What is that? It makes me think that Jimmy Page is some kind of disembodied spirit that spontaneously comes to being and the sound is what you hear as the molecules and particles of Jimmy and his Les Paul merge into a tangible form. Like some kind of quantum teleportation on stage.

:lolo:

awesome

I see I'm not the only one who has specific mental images associated with particular zeppelin songs.

I also love the way he bangs into that solo.

Achilles Last Stand gives me an image of a herd of horses thundering across a plain, constantly nosing ahead of each other.