Ron Wood in rehab

danelectro59

His problem is much deeper than just a simple case of growing up. Falling off the wagon is not unusual and I think his bandmates are showing a hell of a lot of class and compassion by keeping him in the fold and not giving up on someone they genuinely care about.

http://www.spinner.c...n-wood-rehab%2F

c'mon Woodie, isn't it time you grew up?

Can't say I agree with you danelectro59, addiction is a life consuming problem, and is not easily left behind, young or not. Seriously, how many great musicians and just regular people have had their lives destroyed or lost (RIP JB) due to this sort of thing.

I say congrats on dealing with your problems Ronnie, and keep at it until you are victorious over your demons. It takes more personal strength and power to DO something about your problems than to sit back and wait for the demons to take you.

Although, seriously buddy, you gave up your wife of 23 years for a cocktail waitress?

Maybe I need a new job! :slapface:

Can't say I agree with you danelectro59, addiction is a life consuming problem, and is not easily left behind, young or not. Seriously, how many great musicians and just regular people have had their lives destroyed or lost (RIP JB) due to this sort of thing.

I say congrats on dealing with your problems Ronnie, and keep at it until you are victorious over your demons. It takes more personal strength and power to DO something about your problems than to sit back and wait for the demons to take you.

Although, seriously buddy, you gave up your wife of 23 years for a cocktail waitress?

Maybe I need a new job! :slapface:

It's fine that you don't agree and i know addictions aren't easily wooshed away, but there has to be a point in one's life when enough is enough. At 62, Ron should be wise enough to know that. It's not like 20 or 30 years ago when intervention wasn't part of the mix. If it had been it may have saved Bonzo from an early death. Don't get me wrong, I applaud Woodie for getting help and wish him well, it's just that publishing it smacks of the typical Hollywood storyline, aka Lindsay Lohan, etc.

Then again, maybe he's still bummed that Jimmy stole his bird :D

It has very little to do with growing up, and more to do with finding that calm spot in the midst of chaos, in this case, chaos that is complicated by addiction. He has experienced a significant loss in his life and needs to get his head in a good place for a while so he can smile again.

It's fine that you don't agree and i know addictions aren't easily wooshed away, but there has to be a point in one's life when enough is enough. At 62, Ron should be wise enough to know that. It's not like 20 or 30 years ago when intervention wasn't part of the mix. If it had been it may have saved Bonzo from an early death. Don't get me wrong, I applaud Woodie for getting help and wish him well, it's just that publishing it smacks of the typical Hollywood storyline, aka Lindsay Lohan, etc.

Then again, maybe he's still bummed that Jimmy stole his bird :D

Being an addict goes a lot deeper than just having the age/wisdom to know better.

This being his eighth rehab stint isn't the real news here, it's that it was Mick who encouraged him to clean up his act.

I'll add this to mounting evidence Mick Jagger is planning to launch a massive 50th Anniversary Rolling Stones tour.

And it's time to restore good health to Ron Wood so that the tour will be something where he can have fun and be alright.

Maybe I need a new job! slapface.gif

No, they stopped communicating over the years, she issued ultimatums and she did not want to return to that way of life. So she let him go and now he is very upset and taking his frustration out on himself and the new, confused girlfriend. Then Mick Jagger, being the calm voice of reason in this situation, steered him toward rehab in an effort to empower him to heal and get through the latest changes in life.

No, they stopped communicating over the years, she issued ultimatums and she did not want to return to that way of life. So she let him go and now he is very upset and taking his frustration out on himself and the new, confused girlfriend. Then Mick Jagger, being the calm voice of reason in this situation, steered him toward rehab in an effort to empower him to heal and get through the latest changes in life.

In any case, I'm always sad to see a long term relationship like that go by the wayside. I realize its not for everyone, but 23 years is a long time to invest - esp in a rock n' roll relationship.

And what's with Jagger as the voice of reason! (other than being a great mate!)

In any case, I'm always sad to see a long term relationship like that go by the wayside. I realize its not for everyone, but 23 years is a long time to invest - esp in a rock n' roll relationship.

And what's with Jagger as the voice of reason! (other than being a great mate!)

Ron Wood probably realizes that it is sad that the relationship has gone in that direction, which would explain why he has gone into self-destruct mode.

Mick Jagger may have recognized the self-destructive downward spiral and kindly steered him toward help so he would not have to go down that road entirely alone. Sooner or later he will realize that despite the changes, his ex will continue to remain in his life looking after his well-being. I hope that he will feel better after awhile.

Wrong - he split with the waitress weeks ago after he "reportedly" attacked her, tried to strangle her and tried to stub a cigarette out on her face, whilst screaming at her that she was a worthless whore, in the middle of the street, and was arrested and charged for it. Since then he's been seen with at least two other girls way way too young for him and is looking more and more ridiculous.

Reports from the Stones camp suggest it's less about Mick being a supportive, caring mate, than telling him to get his act together because The Stones won't tolerate a drunken idiot who attacks women in their ranks. To avoid being given the boot, he has to very publicly seek help and reassure people that he has turned back from that path.

The Stones were always rebels and anti-establishment,in their youth, but this behaviour has apparently appalled and embarrassed them all.

Mick Jagger tells Ronnie Wood 'quit booze or be dropped from tour'

January 3rd, 2010 - 4:11 pm ICT by ANI

Mick Jagger is reportedly warning fellow Rolling Stone star Ronnie Wood to ditch the bottle or face being dropped from the band's forthcoming tour.

The guitarist was said to have left former wife Jo and kids Leah and Tyrone worried with his two bottles of vodka a day habit.

"Ronnie's on a path to self-destruction. His daily alcohol intake is over 50 units," News of the World quoted a source as saying.

Frantic Jo purportedly called Jagger and pleaded him to help the hard-drinking 62-year-old get into rehab.

The source added: "Mick is making it clear to Ronnie he must curb the drinking or he won't be coming on tour.

"He won't let Ronnie's boozing derail the band's plans and already has possible replacements in mind."

Press release from public relations company Rogers & Cowan (Jan 5th):

“Following recent UK media speculation, The Rolling Stones would like to make it clear, there are no plans at the moment for the band to tour in 2010.”

Ronnie Wood Plans For A Solo Tour

Express & Star, January 19th, 2010

Having seen his personal life descend into chaos, troubled rocker Ronnie Wood is now planning to embark on a solo tour.

While The Rolling Stones have announced there are no plans to hit the road in 2010, Ronnie, 62, is still anxious to revive his musical career and play live again, we hear.

The veteran star has recently been better known for his ill-fated relationship with 21-year-old Russian Katia Ivanova, who proved unpopular last week by being the first housemate to be evicted on reality show Celebrity Big Brother, but pals say he's keen to get back to doing "what he does best".

"Ronnie was banking on the Stones getting back together but while that's off the agenda for now he's still determined to start performing live again in the very near future," says a friend of the shaggy-haired rocker.

Ronnie has been a professional musician ever since joining The Birds in 1964. He went on to play in The Faces, The Jeff Beck Group and The Creation, along with the Stones.

"He will have no trouble putting a band together," adds the pal. "He knows his music has been overshadowed by his personal life and he wants to get back on track. Ronnie is a musician first and foremost and touring is in his blood."

Wood, who has battled alcoholism with seven trips to rehab, split from wife Jo, 54, in 2008 after more than 20 years together.

Last December he received a police caution after a bust-up with Katia, for whom he left Jo. There have been concerns he may be in no fit physical state to tour and Stones frontman Sir Mick Jagger is among those known to have been offering his support.

However Ronnie shows little sign of calming down. Recently he was spotted with another young Russian beauty,Hannah Kamelmacher, at the PokerStars.com Masters snooker tournament at Wembley Arena last week and was back at the event on Sunday with another mystery woman.

"Ronnie has already recorded a new album that will come out later this year," adds our mole. "Now he really wants to put on some shows to help promote it."A spokesperson for Ronnie was not available for comment.

Wrong - he split with the waitress weeks ago after he "reportedly" attacked her, tried to strangle her and tried to stub a cigarette out on her face, whilst screaming at her that she was a worthless whore, in the middle of the street, and was arrested and charged for it. Since then he's been seen with at least two other girls way way too young for him and is looking more and more ridiculous.

Reports from the Stones camp suggest it's less about Mick being a supportive, caring mate, than telling him to get his act together because The Stones won't tolerate a drunken idiot who attacks women in their ranks. To avoid being given the boot, he has to very publicly seek help and reassure people that he has turned back from that path.

The Stones were always rebels and anti-establishment,in their youth, but this behaviour has apparently appalled and embarrassed them all.

I think I am correct, regardless of the behavior problems that you list.

In this situation, being a supportive, caring mate requires telling Ron Wood to get his act together. There is no excuse to tolerate a drunken idot who attacks women, so Mick Jagger is the voice of reason in this case.

It is wrong for Ron Wood to take out his frustrations on the young lady. His problems are now with himself. Mainly he needs to deal better with the significant loss represented by the divorce, and he does not know how to do that. It is not simply all about his addiction issues. Fortunately, playing his guitar, something that he is quite good at doing, will continue to provide a release for tension associated with these life problems, but it will not substitute carefully working on the weak spots in the relationships. He will need to do both and find a balance in all of it.

And as far as the Stones being rebels, that I believe, but they toured with Otis Redding, a man who grew up singing gospel songs in church.

Ronnie Wood Plans For A Solo Tour

Express & Star, January 19th, 2010

Having seen his personal life descend into chaos, troubled rocker Ronnie Wood is now planning to embark on a solo tour.

While The Rolling Stones have announced there are no plans to hit the road in 2010, Ronnie, 62, is still anxious to revive his musical career and play live again, we hear.

The veteran star has recently been better known for his ill-fated relationship with 21-year-old Russian Katia Ivanova, who proved unpopular last week by being the first housemate to be evicted on reality show Celebrity Big Brother, but pals say he's keen to get back to doing "what he does best".

"Ronnie was banking on the Stones getting back together but while that's off the agenda for now he's still determined to start performing live again in the very near future," says a friend of the shaggy-haired rocker.

Ronnie has been a professional musician ever since joining The Birds in 1964. He went on to play in The Faces, The Jeff Beck Group and The Creation, along with the Stones.

"He will have no trouble putting a band together," adds the pal. "He knows his music has been overshadowed by his personal life and he wants to get back on track. Ronnie is a musician first and foremost and touring is in his blood."

Wood, who has battled alcoholism with seven trips to rehab, split from wife Jo, 54, in 2008 after more than 20 years together.

Last December he received a police caution after a bust-up with Katia, for whom he left Jo. There have been concerns he may be in no fit physical state to tour and Stones frontman Sir Mick Jagger is among those known to have been offering his support.

However Ronnie shows little sign of calming down. Recently he was spotted with another young Russian beauty,Hannah Kamelmacher, at the PokerStars.com Masters snooker tournament at Wembley Arena last week and was back at the event on Sunday with another mystery woman.

"Ronnie has already recorded a new album that will come out later this year," adds our mole. "Now he really wants to put on some shows to help promote it."A spokesperson for Ronnie was not available for comment.

Temptations sing...

I agree. Mick has been threatening to fire Ron Wood since 1981 for his shenanigans. During the 81 tour Jagger wanted to replace Wood with George Thorogood because Wood was completely out of it freebasing. Ron Wood was given an "allowance" like a kid so he wouldn't spend all his money on drugs. The situation put Keith Richards in a tough spot, leading him to beat Wood up on that tour for the first but not the last time. Keith is what keeps Ron in the band. That's his mate & his even more f-d up doppleganger. When the Stones weren't touring Wood would have to sell his paintings or even give them away so he could have enough drug money. The guy was virtually broke due to his drug intake. He may have been a Stone to the public but he wasn't making Stones money. Keith is the one who tried to make Wood a full fledged Stone financially since the early 80's but Jagger always refused as he would just as soon get rid of him when he couldn't put up with his antics. Completely unreliable & Keith knew it but he just couldn't throw Wood under the bus. Wood is a big part of the constant power struggle between Jagger & Richards. It's only when Charlie Watts intervened on Wood's behalf after Wyman quit that Wood became an official Stone on the books to Jagger's chagrin. The guy's a mess, this isn't current news, he's been this way for 30 years. Ron Wood can't even play the guitar anymore! He can't, musically he's the weak link in the band. Ron Wood is the luckiest guy in the world & takes it completely for granted. Keith Richards has just given up booze recently, he's been sober for four months. Once I read that I knew Wood's future in the band was on the line. Lo' and behold 2 weeks later Wood's in rehab with Jagger's "support" lol. I think Wood has used up the last of his nine lives with the Stones, if this stint doesn't take I'm sure he's out of the band.

I agree. Mick has been threatening to fire Ron Wood since 1981 for his shenanigans. During the 81 tour Jagger wanted to replace Wood with George Thorogood because Wood was completely out of it freebasing. Ron Wood was given an "allowance" like a kid so he wouldn't spend all his money on drugs. The situation put Keith Richards in a tough spot, leading him to beat Wood up on that tour for the first but not the last time. Keith is what keeps Ron in the band. That's his mate & his even more f-d up doppleganger. When the Stones weren't touring Wood would have to sell his paintings or even give them away so he could have enough drug money. The guy was virtually broke due to his drug intake. He may have been a Stone to the public but he wasn't making Stones money. Keith is the one who tried to make Wood a full fledged Stone financially since the early 80's but Jagger always refused as he would just as soon get rid of him when he couldn't put up with his antics. Completely unreliable & Keith knew it but he just couldn't throw Wood under the bus. Wood is a big part of the constant power struggle between Jagger & Richards. It's only when Charlie Watts intervened on Wood's behalf after Wyman quit that Wood became an official Stone on the books to Jagger's chagrin. The guy's a mess, this isn't current news, he's been this way for 30 years. Ron Wood can't even play the guitar anymore! He can't, musically he's the weak link in the band. Ron Wood is the luckiest guy in the world & takes it completely for granted. Keith Richards has just given up booze recently, he's been sober for four months. Once I read that I knew Wood's future in the band was on the line. Lo' and behold 2 weeks later Wood's in rehab with Jagger's "support" lol. I think Wood has used up the last of his nine lives with the Stones, if this stint doesn't take I'm sure he's out of the band.

How does being an addict make him the luckiest guy in the world?

Also Wood only does solo tours to support his addictions when the Stones put a freeze on his money. Any coincidence that Wood has also talked about touring a Rod Stewart-less Faces. Why would he do that now? Figure it out.

He's an addict. That is what addicts do. Right now he has his music as his friend. He is not doing so well in his relationships. He can still turn to his guitar for solace. Would you rather have him out robbing banks instead?

At the moment he should probably be managing his addiction and finding some calm and harmony somewhere in his life. I hope that all those talented rehab professionals will be able to assist him in that endeavor.

He's an addict. That is what addicts do. Right now he has his music as his friend. He is not doing so well in his relationships. He can still turn to his guitar for solace. Would you rather have him out robbing banks instead?

At the moment he should probably be managing his addiction and finding some calm and harmony somewhere in his life. I hope that all those talented rehab professionals will be able to assist him in that endeavor.

No, of course I wouldn't want him robbing banks. He may return to his guitar & even painting for solace but he also returns to solo tours & selling his paintings to fund his addictions. The Stones organization can't put a freeze on those monies. He's a big boy & he simply doesn't want to stop his lifestyle, he's being made to stop his lifestyle. I don't believe the rehab will take simply because his future with the Stones could be in question. He has to want to clean up & for the last 30 years his cleaning up stints have been half hearted attempts at best. He's the kind of person who thinks if he does 3 lines of coke as opposed to 9 that he's rehabilitated. It doesn't work that way. He doesn't really want to give booze & drugs completely so he never will.

Archived