Ron Wood in rehab

danelectro59

No, of course I wouldn't want him robbing banks. He may return to his guitar & even painting for solace but he also returns to solo tours & selling his paintings to fund his addictions. The Stones organization can't put a freeze on those monies. He's a big boy & he simply doesn't want to stop his lifestyle, he's being made to stop his lifestyle. I don't believe the rehab will take simply because his future with the Stones could be in question. He has to want to clean up & for the last 30 years his cleaning up stints have been half hearted attempts at best. He's the kind of person who thinks if he does 3 lines of coke as opposed to 9 that he's rehabilitated. It doesn't work that way. He doesn't really want to give booze & drugs completely so he never will.

So then he needs to properly manage his addictions, appropriately detox, use less and less of anything harmful over a period of time, and replace the damaging addictions with something that brings him inner calm, joy, fulfillment and a healthy outlet for passions.

Ray Charles succeeded in maintaining an exceptionally wonderful career. He also coped with addiction.

oldies.about.com/od/rbandblues/f/rayheroin.htm

therockradio.com/2010/02/ronnie-wood-back-in-rehab.html

No, of course I wouldn't want him robbing banks. He may return to his guitar & even painting for solace but he also returns to solo tours & selling his paintings to fund his addictions. The Stones organization can't put a freeze on those monies. He's a big boy & he simply doesn't want to stop his lifestyle, he's being made to stop his lifestyle. I don't believe the rehab will take simply because his future with the Stones could be in question. He has to want to clean up & for the last 30 years his cleaning up stints have been half hearted attempts at best. He's the kind of person who thinks if he does 3 lines of coke as opposed to 9 that he's rehabilitated. It doesn't work that way. He doesn't really want to give booze & drugs completely so he never will.

Agree with what you are saying Kaiser. He's hit the bottom but his bank account is telling him he can keep on going ! I hope I'm wrong but I think old Ronnie is very close to becoming a casualty. He needs someone to stop the flow of money at his disposal

Agree with what you are saying Kaiser. He's hit the bottom but his bank account is telling him he can keep on going ! I hope I'm wrong but I think old Ronnie is very close to becoming a casualty. He needs someone to stop the flow of money at his disposal

That's what I'm afraid of too. Did John Entwhistle really need those last lines of cocaine with a stripper in a hotel room in Vegas? Entwhistle can't answer that question as he's dead from doing just that. He loved the excessive lifestyle too even if it's not reported about so much, but in the end he's not here, & Woody could be next if this rehab stint is just another half hearted attempt to slow down his addictions rather than just stopping all together. Some people just can't drink or drug at all & he's more than proven that he falls into that category.

Archived