Is It Snowing Where Your At?

zepps_apprentice

I just moved to Fairfax VA from MD. I am not excited about the snow this time. There is someone I care a lot about who may end up stranded in it. She'll tell me how beautiful it is ... until she ends up at the metro station after she gets put off the last train.

Supposed to get 4 - 6 inches here, but since the weather monkeys have been wrong every time they opened their mouths this week, who really knows.

It's coming down like crazy here... I thought I was "north" enough of DC to escape most of it. Doesn't seem so.

No snow today, it's sunny and beautiful - at least until you get outside - it's -25 Celsius with the windchill, it feels like -30 Celsius!!! :freezing:

Forecast looks good - sunny and cold all week, we payed for it earlier though, we got dumped on last weekend - kids actually got a snow day, busses were not running on Monday.

Maybe it's a good weekend to stay inside and keep warm with a friend! :drinks:

It's definitely snowing here in Virginia; we're somewhere in the 4-6" range and counting. It's 18 degrees.

My youngest 2 are playing in the snow and I'm getting ready to start a pot of chili. :)

mmmmmmm....that sounds wonderful. If there weren't all this snow here, I'd invite myself over! :D

As it is, I think I'll just stay cozy warm in front of the wood stove!

Hope the kids are having fun!!

Inches?  Pfffft, wimps!_

We got 6 feet, 10 inches last week on the mountain I ski at last week!_

Inches?  OK, that's 82 inches in ONE STORM!_

That's what we like!!!! :D

Edited by LarryD

I would take the occasional earthquake over tornados anytime.

That's about right. Here in North Texas we had a quake a few months back. Saw my monitor shaking for a couple of seconds. Freaky. But almost entertaining in a weird way. I don't think tornados are anywhere that amusing.