Is It Snowing Where Your At?

zepps_apprentice

I live in North Alabama and we don't get all that much snow here ordinarily....but this morning I woke up and the ground was thickly covered in snow and gigantic flakes were still falling to the ground! :yay: What a great way to start the day! Snow wasn't even in the forecast either!

I live in North Alabama and we don't get all that much snow here ordinarily....but this morning I woke up and the ground was thickly covered in snow and gigantic flakes were still falling to the ground! :yay: What a great way to start the day! Snow wasn't even in the forecast either!

Is North Alabama still considered "down South"? lol

Power back on after almost 36 hours; house still ~ 50 degrees. South Carolina power company rocks for helping! Hermit crabs almost froze but they are ok. Didn't sleep well. Extremely grumpy. Cabin fever. Not sure if I'm going to work or not tomorrow; haven't dared to look in our 2 refrigerators/2 freezers yet :( Lots of laundry/dishes/shoveling to do. All is well; house still standing; lost a few trees; everyone healthy. Hope all affected fared well! Calling for 2-4" more Tues and more over the weekend :( Moving to Bahamas next week...

Virginia, that really sucks. Power lines in my neighborhood are underground so we were lucky not to lose power. I know over 200,000 people did in the city. It's good no damage was done to your house and i'm very glad to hear the hermit crabs are okay! I spent most of the weekend at the hospital so that was a drag, but been home since 8:30p last night and loving it! Getting ready to go shovel a little better in anticipation of the next snowstorm tomorrow. School was closed today in many areas so that's another day i paid for that my daughter is stuck at home. I expect the same thing on Wednesday when surprisingly i have to work again! I have decided to embrace the snow instead of dreading it. Feels better that way! I will be off after Wednesday until the following Wednesday so that's something else to look forward to!

Let me know when you get settled in to your new home, i'd love to visit you! :) I'm going to look for the sunscreen right now!

Virginia, that really sucks. Power lines in my neighborhood are underground so we were lucky not to lose power. I know over 200,000 people did in the city. It's good no damage was done to your house and i'm very glad to hear the hermit crabs are okay! I spent most of the weekend at the hospital so that was a drag, but been home since 8:30p last night and loving it! Getting ready to go shovel a little better in anticipation of the next snowstorm tomorrow. School was closed today in many areas so that's another day i paid for that my daughter is stuck at home. I expect the same thing on Wednesday when surprisingly i have to work again! I have decided to embrace the snow instead of dreading it. Feels better that way! I will be off after Wednesday until the following Wednesday so that's something else to look forward to!

Let me know when you get settled in to your new home, i'd love to visit you! :) I'm going to look for the sunscreen right now!

We took the hermit crabs to my in laws and they looked dead (all shriveled up, didn't move when we poked them) and they revived after an hour or 2 :) All 3 of them too!

The move is actually wishful thinking, lol. Often we get NO snow in Virginia; now it's like living in upstate NY or something! :) I hope you and your daughter enjoy the snow; hopefully tomorrow's will be fluffier (this stuff is really icy/heavy).

We took the hermit crabs to my in laws and they looked dead (all shriveled up, didn't move when we poked them) and they revived after an hour or 2 :) All 3 of them too!

The move is actually wishful thinking, lol. Often we get NO snow in Virginia; now it's like living in upstate NY or something! :) I hope you and your daughter enjoy the snow; hopefully tomorrow's will be fluffier (this stuff is really icy/heavy).

I'm glad the hermit crabs are doing well :) My daughter went sledding with her cousins and had fun. She prefers warm weather to cold but of course enjoys some snow like most kids. I hope the next snowfall is lighter too! This is almost a record number of inches of snow in one year for my city and it was only the second storm we had this year. Past few years wasn't enough snowfall to fuss over.

I know you were joking about the Bahamas :) but still a nice idea! Stay safe and warm!

It snowed/sleeted a bit this morning then stopped, now it's sleeting again. The kids went to school (2 hour delay) last Thursday, which was the only day they went last week, and so far haven't gone at all this week either. I'm pretty sure there goes spring break...

I swear to God, if it snows or sleets here again this week, I'm going to scream. We JUST got the driveway completely de-iced and de-slushed and with my sprained ankle, I can't go out there and do it again anytime soon.

Got damn weather. <_<

We have not got any weather in almost a week now, but there is some snow and ice in shady areas of people's yard's.

We have not got any weather in almost a week now, but there is some snow and ice in shady areas of people's yard's.

We still have a small patch of snow in our front yard as well, but I don't really care about that. I'm just grateful that the weather hasn't gone to shit in the last few days.

School closed again tomorrow (Fri). :( They went a half day last Thursday; that was the only day they've gone over the last *2 weeks*!! :o And Monday is a holiday (President's Day) but naturally they are calling for MORE SNOW! :lol:

Edit: now they ARE going to school on Monday as a make up day (unless there's more snow of course...)

we got a decent amount of snow here yesterday and last night. i was shoveling yesterday and the snow seemed to have a tint of blue to it, maybe because of the blanketed sky with the storm. when its sunny, the snow is crispy white, the white on my dog seems sort of yellow compared to it. sometimes photos of icebergs seem to have alot of blue, guess thats the sky and ocean doing that.

I'm soooooo sick of snow!! :angry: Usually, I don't complain about it, but this year, I just can't stand it anymore! I'm just grateful that we haven't had an ice storm like we had last year. Last year our power was off for about two weeks and I had to stay at my Grandma's house (which is really tiny). I nearly went insane!

Archived