FASHION - How Would You Dress "Led Zeppelin"

stacilayne

After Led Zeppelin -- sometimes before, depending on the day -- The White Stripes is my favorite band. With their iconic color scheme of red and white (and sometimes a touch of black), it's easy to figure out. I have a lot of really cool (and, I think, rare/unusual) White Stripes tee-shirts, but those are kind of obvious. I like the kind of covert clothing nods, like the Mode Merr Peppermint Candy dress. I first saw one on eBay about two years ago, but it was in size large. So, it wasn't for me. I put the item on watch, and it took about 19 months for another one to be listed. It was Medium, so I bought it and had it altered down to an XS. (And then, wouldn't you know it, about two weeks later, an XS came up on eBay! Grrrr…).

Anyway, I really love it. It says "I'm a White Stripes fan" but in a fancy, dress-up kind of way. Here's a pic of the dress on a mannequin, and then when I wore it for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

modemer_candydress.jpg

lo_hawaii_day3_zz-1.jpg

Also, I saw this dress on eBay I thought was kind of White Stripes reminiscent, but it wasn't my size.

rockabilly.jpg

I do have a ZOSO necklace I wear a lot. It's very interesting to see which actors (that's my job, entertainment reporter) know what it is. A lot of people notice it and ask what it is! I have never seen another one like it. I guess there much be a lot of LZ jewelry available for sale, though.

zoso-1.jpg

Staci

P.S. Looks like the picture posting problem I was having earlier is solved :)

I do have a ZOSO necklace I wear a lot. It's very interesting to see which actors (that's my job, entertainment reporter) know what it is. A lot of people notice it and ask what it is! I have never seen another one like it. I guess there much be a lot of LZ jewelry available for sale, though.

I have a Zoso necklace that I wear a lot too, Staci. I also have a necklace with RP's symbol. As for clothes, I just have the normal LZ t-shirts and a baseball cap. In fact, I wore my LZ cap to the grocery store a while back and the girl behind the counter said: "Oh, I love Led Zeppelin. I saw them in concert a few years back." I said: "Really? Because you know they disbanded in 1980?" She just looked at me like I didn't know what I was talking about and said: "Well, they came to Houston a few years ago!" :rolleyes:

Great dress, by the way!

Ha, ha! I guess "a few years back" is relative.

I saw a kid (20s... a "kid" to me ;) wearing a LED ZEP shirt in a restaurant the other night, and complimented him on it. I always go out of my way to acknowledge fellow fans.

As for the necklace, the most recent celeb to see it and recognize it is Sasha Roiz from CAPRICA. Now I think he is much cooler than I would have, otherwise!

Staci

Archived