Jimmy's Orange amps

I've been wondering about this since the show. That night Jimmy had two Orange amp heads on stage. Both of them had two letters missing off the ORANGE logo. They both read OR GE.

If only one amp had some letters missing I would have put that down to accidental damage, but for both to have the same letters missing must have been deliberate.

I nearly put up one of Ross Halfin's photos for you to see what I mean, but then I wondered about copyright issues.

Does any knowledgable person out there have any idea about these amps? :huh:

I've been wondering about this since the show. That night Jimmy had two Orange amp heads on stage. Both of them had two letters missing off the ORANGE logo. They both read OR GE.

If only one amp had some letters missing I would have put that down to accidental damage, but for both to have the same letters missing must have been deliberate.

I nearly put up one of Ross Halfin's photos for you to see what I mean, but then I wondered about copyright issues.

Does any knowledgable person out there have any idea about these amps? :huh:

I'm going to guess it's because there's no official endorsement, or it's just a joke.

I knew guys who would do the same kind of thing with Marshall amps by taking off the "hall"

Pagelive2007amps.jpgPagelive2007amps2.jpg

Those amps are Orange AD30's, he only used one amp for the gig. The others are for display and to make his rig look huge.

This can kind of be backed up by his modest rig on It Might Get Loud and his Orange amp at the Foo Fighters gig.

http://www.performing-musician.com/pm/jun08/articles/ledzeppelin.htm

Big Mick, O2 sound tech states he plugged into an Orange 30watt head for the entire show.

• 1 month later...

Not quite just one amp:

One amp in each stack was a spare, so there were basically four amps. The AD30 was the main one & ran all the time AFAIK. The other stacks were swithched in & out at various times for their different sounds.

Not quite just one amp:

One amp in each stack was a spare, so there were basically four amps. The AD30 was the main one & ran all the time AFAIK. The other stacks were swithched in & out at various times for their different sounds.

The AD-30s had been used since 1999 in the tour with the Black Crowes. Also used were models AD-50 and OR-50 (obviously 50-watters).

Archived