Robert Plant Charity Gig

glicine

Anyone who has ever lost a loved one to cancer understands the value of results.

Pathetic is when someone dies of cancer, not when someone insists on more than lip service when people ought to be delivering appropriate health care. Anyone who does not understand that is not truly charitable. If that bursts anyone's bubble, then so be it.

Anyone who has ever lost a loved one to cancer understands the value of results.

Pathetic is when someone dies of cancer, not when someone insists on more than lip service when people ought to be delivering appropriate health care. Anyone who does not understand that is not truly charitable. If that bursts anyone's bubble, then so be it.

How is doing a charity gig "lip service"? And you think what you're doing here is not "lip service"? Since none of us would know what you do, while we do see Robert Plant is trying to help.

If this bursts your bubble, so be it. Right?

How is this going to help cancer research? And more specifically, will it make any difference in the actual lives of cancer patients? And if so, how many?

Is going to help 3 people. 3 people you don't know so perhaps there's no point doing it if you don't know them or whether they deserve to have the help above all the other millions of people with cancer.

By your token you seem to be implying it's not worth raising the money.

Ps I lied about the number being 3.

My mother died of cancer, several of my friends have died of cancer, friends and colleagues I work with have relatives who are battling cancer so basically I and they don't give a fuck where the money comes from or how it is raised as long as it is raised so that more research can be done to try to beat the damn thing. Without the ongoing research we wouldn't be where we are now in terms of cancer treatments.

Robert has helped to raise funds before for cancer charities and more power to his elbow in doing some.

Really if you believe it's just so that he can raise his own profile you are a very sad person EL

Is going to help 3 people. 3 people you don't know so perhaps there's no point doing it if you don't know them or whether they deserve to have the help above all the other millions of people with cancer.

By your token you seem to be implying it's not worth raising the money.

Ps I lied about the number being 3.

My mother died of cancer, several of my friends have died of cancer, friends and colleagues I work with have relatives who are battling cancer so basically I and they don't give a fuck where the money comes from or how it is raised as long as it is raised so that more research can be done to try to beat the damn thing. Without the ongoing research we wouldn't be where we are now in terms of cancer treatments.

Robert has helped to raise funds before for cancer charities and more power to his elbow in doing some.

Really if you believe it's just so that he can raise his own profile you are a very sad person EL

I am certain that he does not need to solicit for cancer research to raise his profile. My concern is that if people are going to raise funds for cancer research, they ought to deliver results or quit asking for people's hard-earned money. And if you cannot comprehend that, ledded, than you are a very sad person. Btw, a whole bunch of people besides your friends have been lost to cancer.

How is doing a charity gig "lip service"? And you think what you're doing here is not "lip service"? Since none of us would know what you do, while we do see Robert Plant is trying to help.

If this bursts your bubble, so be it. Right?

If it helps, that is great. But how did helping cancer research all of a sudden bring out such defensive behavior? Cancer research must be a very sensitive issue these days all of a sudden. I did not know that people cared so much about cancer. I think it is wonderful that this interest in curing disease has drawn so much attention. I just hope there are some significant, measurable results to justify all of the hoopla.

So get used to it because I am very demanding when it comes to results when charities solicit the support of the public. If you want me to care about your charity than you better do more than just try to beat me up on a message board, because if that is all it is, then I am not buying it.

Robert Plant did not discover cancer, btw, it was a problem long before he sang his first song.

Eternal Light is On But No One Is Home,

Once again you make absolutely no sense. Would you please just STFU.

Please--there is nothing controversial in what Robert is doing here. He is performing at a concert, the proceeds from which will be used to facilitate cancer research. If there was some question as to whether this particular organization actually uses their funds for cancer research, or about the quality of the research in question, then there might be something to gripe about. But to my knowledge, there isn't. And until there is, there is absolutely no good reason to bitch about this venture.

He is giving his time to help a more than worthy cause. (And more than likely is contributing additional money of hs own, without fanfare.) THAT'S IT. Give him a break.

Oh, and--what hoopla?

I am certain that he does not need to solicit for cancer research to raise his profile. My concern is that if people are going to raise funds for cancer research, they ought to deliver results or quit asking for people's hard-earned money. And if you cannot comprehend that, ledded, than you are a very sad person. Btw, a whole bunch of people besides your friends have been lost to cancer.

Oh I comprehend what you are saying

And What utter crap it is!!!

So lets stop all research if results don't come quick then eh?

Yep, tell that to all the millions of people battling cancer, heart disease, leukaemia, genetic diseases etc etc etc who rely on research funding.

Sorry folks but Eternal Light feels research is a waste of your time and money!!!

I will go and tell a member of my team at work who's mother has advanced breast cancer and may only have a few months left that we shouldn't bother, I am sure it will cheer her up.

I don't recall saying I was the only person who knows of someone with cancer I was giving my thoughts and response as someone who has and does know people who have died or are fighting it. So it's been quite close to home over the past few years so pardon me for speaking out against your point of view.

Would you say the same to a member of your family???

Call me sad if you wish but I know which side of the argument I am prepared to be on.

I think there will be fewer on your side of that fence.

^As I said you are not the only one who has lost people to cancer. I do not see what your problem is. I think that research should yield results that are helpful to humanity. I guess that you do not care about that.

So research has not helped at all then according to you? Treatments have all been found by accident then have they by someone walking down the street.

Whats with the issue of me knowing people who have died etc? Its not the issue cos there are many people who I don't know of I could and would still feel strongly about it even if i didn't know someone who had it.

Its called humanity, compassion, caring.

Step outside your weird self inlfated bubble El and experience humanity up close, its not as scary as cancer and it doesnt hurt if you catch a dose of it, and it's lesspainful than swine flu.

If it helps, that is great. But how did helping cancer research all of a sudden bring out such defensive behavior? Cancer research must be a very sensitive issue these days all of a sudden. I did not know that people cared so much about cancer. I think it is wonderful that this interest in curing disease has drawn so much attention. I just hope there are some significant, measurable results to justify all of the hoopla.

So get used to it because I am very demanding when it comes to results when charities solicit the support of the public. If you want me to care about your charity than you better do more than just try to beat me up on a message board, because if that is all it is, then I am not buying it.

Robert Plant did not discover cancer, btw, it was a problem long before he sang his first song.

Helping cancer research doesn't bring out any defensive behavior, it's your non-stoping blubbering about Robert Plant doing this for his own sake get on people's nerves.

And why I care much about cancer? Some people here know the reason why. But I see it makes no sense to discuss this with you now.

I don't need you to care about my charity and nor am I trying to beat you up here, I have no bad blood with you personally and I don't remember saying anything rude to you. So you are not buying anything from me.

Cancer research still has a long way to go. No, Robert Plant didn't discover cancer, neither can he end the disease. That's why people, including him, are making effort and trying to help. To deny this as easily as you did is almost insulting to them.

For fu**s sake. I really don't know what's wriong with people sometimes. :slapface:

Oh please..get over yourself already highness! Just because these rock n' roll ears happen to think the musical direction Mr. Plant is heading these days is more suited for elevators, makes me wrong? :slapface: You know how ridiculous that makes you come off? This is a forum and it's called an opinion. You and your flock have every right to disagree with that opinion. But right or wrong? Please..

Cancer research still has a long way to go. No, Robert Plant didn't discover cancer, neither can he end the disease. That's why people, including him, are making effort and trying to help. To deny this as easily as you did is almost insulting to them.

I'll add to this there's a lot to be said for the power of hope these events generate. I attended a Teenage Cancer Trust concert in the past and there's nothing more moving than seeing cancer-stricken kids laughing and smiling as they bask in the applause beside Roger, Robert and other performers there to show they care.

I'll add to this there's a lot to be said for the power of hope these events generate. I attended a Teenage Cancer Trust concert in the past and there's nothing more moving than seeing cancer-stricken kids laughing and smiling as they bask in the applause beside Roger, Robert and other performers there to show they care.

Exactly!

Based on the emotion behind this cause, and the pervasiveness of this disease (everyone knows someone either directly -or- indirectly including immediate family), it is apparent that this an excellent choice and worthy cause. If I ever have to deal with this myself, I would want every bit of research available to help me beat it. I do not know if it is the food and environment we live in -or- possibly the medical profession is now capable of more accurate diagnosis, but it sure seems to be very prevalent in today's society.

No denying the honor in this cause.............

Roll your eyes as much as you want. If you can't see I'm just following your way of thinking...

;)

This isn't about Robert vs. Jimmy. Again, i'm not questioning the cause, it's a fantastic one. Just his current musical direction. It's called an opinion, you don't have to agree with it. ;)

Eternal Light - please take your insensitivity and rudeness someplace else. Robert is trying to raise money and get more people to help fund research to find a cure for this deadly disease that so many have already succumbed to and sadly many more will. There are people here who have had the disease or lost friends/family to it and don't need your flippant attitude. This isn't about discussing something, this is blatant meanness.

Well the sad fact of one offs by Percy is half messures for a cure. Just think he could cure cancer if the Mighty Zep would tour for the cause with some new music ofcourse. Not like they can't come up with something creative for Robert's sake. It is hard to believe some people with that much God given talent cant find a why to work together as they should. Time is almost over. A little advise to Robert - go back and listen to the Stomp.

Archived