Was Jimmy Slated to Play at the Grammys?

mstork

According to this article Page and Clapton were originally slated to do a Les Paul tribute with Jeff Beck at the Grammys last night. For whatever reason, it ended up being just Beck. What a shame... :angry:

In a tribute to Les Paul, actor Jeff Bridges introduced British guitar hero Jeff Beck as "Les' favorite disciple of all," lauding the electric-guitar and recording technology pioneer who died in August as "much more than a familiar name on some really cool guitars. He made music history." The segment originally was to have been a guitar summit featuring Beck, Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page, but pre-show wrangling left it a solo spot for Beck.

Page and Clapton back out of Grammys?

What does Jimmy Page performing at a Les Paul tribute have to do with touring rumors?

:unsure: You prefer him forever stay at home if he can't have his old bandmates?

The mention of "preshow wrangling" is interesting though.

What does Jimmy Page performing at a Les Paul tribute have to do with touring rumors?

unsure.gif You prefer him forever stay at home if he can't have his old bandmates?

The mention of "preshow wrangling" is interesting though.

wwell i guess i understand what your getting at. its the interviewers who just think because Jimmy plucks a guitar one time means touring. you know? i love to see Jimmy every chance i get i love when hes happy and smiles :D

Jimmy performed with Jeff Beck at the Rock n'Roll HOF last year and it had nothing to do with touring. We all know how the media things work, and sure enough Jimmy knows it, too. And I think, or should I say I hope, he doesn't pay that much attention to what the journalists say.

He is indicating he will bring out something new this year though.

Jimmy performed with Jeff Beck at the Rock n'Roll HOF last year and it had nothing to do with touring. We all know how the media things work, and sure enough Jimmy knows it, too. And I think, or should I say I hope, he doesn't pay that much attention to what the journalists say.

He is indicating he will bring out something new this year though.

agreed

Too bad, it would have been worth watching - I got tired of the Grammy's after about 10 minutes. I had my fill of Taylor Swift, Kanyee whatever his name is, and the pres of the recording guild (or whatever they call themselves) going on about how great an organization they were, and how they helped out "Music People" with their in-house charity. "Music People" ?????? WTF how about Music Professionals? or Recording Academy members? or something that doesn't sound like they might be "special", somehow. :slapface:

Anyway, that's why I don't watch award shows.

Taylor Swift is just.....I don't know boring? Maybe that's why she's country. But when Stevie came out, I was all eyes. The only 2 reasons I even watched the Grammy's was b/c Stevie and Jeff Beck were on there. Otherwise, it sucked.

Stevie does sound great.

I disagree with the boring=country part though.

Too bad, it would have been worth watching - I got tired of the Grammy's after about 10 minutes. I had my fill of Taylor Swift, Kanyee whatever his name is, and the pres of the recording guild (or whatever they call themselves) going on about how great an organization they were, and how they helped out "Music People" with their in-house charity. "Music People" ?????? WTF how about Music Professionals? or Recording Academy members? or something that doesn't sound like they might be "special", somehow. :slapface:

Anyway, that's why I don't watch award shows.

Why the Face?

Archived