Slash: Solo Album

The Pagemeister

slash-final-cover.jpg

Slash Track Listing:

01. Ghost (Ian Astbury)

02. Beautiful Dangerous (Fergie)

03. Nothing To Say (M Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold)

04. Crucify The Dead (Ozzy Osbourne)

05. Promise (Chris Cornell)

06. By The Sword (Andrew Stockdale of Wolfmother)

07. Doctor Alibi (Lemmy Kilmeister)

08. Saint Is A Sinner Too (Rocco De Luca)

09. Watch This (Dave Grohl/Duff McKagan)

10. I Hold On (Kid Rock)

11. Gotten (Adam Levine)

12. We're All Gonna Die (Iggy Pop)

13. Starlight (Myles Kennedy)

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/slash_solo_albums_artwork_revealed.html

From Myles:

Still in the Womb

Greetings

I hope you are all well.

We are already a month into the new year....pretty hard to believe. I feel like it was just yesterday when I was back home for the Holidays. The truth is, I have been down in Orlando putting together AB 3 for the last month. Things are moving along nicely. We are still in the middle of Preproduction with Elvis (our producer). He is bringing out the best in us like he always does. I think I will stop calling him Elvis and start referring to him as George.......as in George Martin (the 5th Beatle).

For those of you who don't know what the term "preproduction" means, I won't bore you with the gory details. I will say it is the most crucial part of making a record (other than writing the songs). It basically consists of sitting with the producer and making sure that the song's arrangements are solid. Does this verse need a different kick pattern? Does this riff have a smooth enough transition into that bridge? yada yada yada.

If one were to hear what we have completed thus far they might be led to believe that this is going to be a dark and heavy record...I am going to hold off on committing to that set of adjectives until the record is done and let you decide. How many times do you hear a musician (especially a Rock Musician) say "Dude, this record is gonna be the heaviest record of our career!" It gets kind of predictable. How refreshing would it be to hear a Rock artist describe his or her next record as "a collection of easy to digest radio singles that will please everyone from Soccer Moms to ABBA fans." Not that being a Soccer Mom is a bad thing......and I love ABBA!!!!! Who doesn't?

So what is happening with my Solo album? I'm trying to juggle my schedule so I can lay down the rest of my vocals and solos. Speaking of solos, yesterday Slash was kind enough to add some of his guitar genius to one of my tunes. As always, he knocked it out of the park! They don't call him one of the best guitarists of all time for nothing. I can't wait until you hear it.

I am still trying to figure out the best time to release my record. I have been inspired by those of you who have expressed that you are looking forward to it. It makes me happy to know that someone other than my Wife and dog will give it a listen.

I really do miss seeing all of you.....trust me, in the coming months I will return from the creative womb....back to a stage near you.

all the best

mk

Blog from Slash

Today at 6:55pm

Hey, how is everybody?

Things are ramping up towards the release of my solo record, there's a lot of cool shit going on.

But, more importantly, there is the George Lopez's "Help Haiti Benefit" show at the Nokia Theater tomorrow night. I am performing a couple songs with Beth Hart. Who, if you are not familiar with her is a 1st rate blues/R&R singer/song writer. But go to click here for the list of special guests & click here to get tickets.

Raising cash for devastated Haiti has to be at the forefront of everybody's minds right now & will need to be for some time so we can help them rebuild.

On another note, Ernie Ball, Guitar Center & I have a couple new campaigns, the details of which are at ernieball.com & yournextrecord.com. I'm really into the idea of inspiring young guitar players & discovering new talented R&R bands & unleashing them unto the world. Up & coming Rock & Roll talent is getting largely overlooked in the business these days & I want to change that.

Also, I want to announce that Myles Kennedy is going to be fronting the band for the upcoming tour. Something I'm really stoked about. Myles sang a killer track on the record & I think he is by far one of the best Rock & Roll singers out there today. I'm really honored & proud to be working with him. I will announce the other band members shortly.

Lastly, we're starting to route the tour. I want all my fans to follow me on Twitter & tell me what city/country they're from & to tell all their friends & family in that city/country, who are fans, to do the same. I want to get a really good idea on where my fans are, even the obvious major cities & focus the tour around that. So if you're from Alaska or Zimbabwe or anywhere in between I want to hear from you. Follow me at Twitter.com/slashhudson

That's it, I'm excited about the new record & about the band I'm putting together for the tour. I've been jamming around town with everybody & their brother for the last year & I can't wait to get out & do my own show finally. It's going to be a gas.

See you soon,

Slash iiii|; ),

Updated 33 minutes ago

Archived