Taylor Swift is "the voice of this generation"

Wolfman

Don't totally agree with this - I'm not a fan of hers but I listen to a huge variety of music - and some of it may be considered "cheesy". I don't think that makes my taste any less developed or I shouldn't have interest in it. Just my two pence.

Don't get me wrong I'v nothing agenst cheesey catchy pop music but what I'v heard of her work is so totally bland that its almost instantly forgotten.

• 10 months later...

BUMP

Personally, I'm not very fond of Country Music and I certainly don't think much of all the stuff which is being played on the radio nowadays but I do think Taylor Swift is a rather refreshing change from the usual mainstream bullshit what with bands like "The Black Eyed Peas", "Kings Of Leon" and artists like "Gaga", "Bieber", "Katy Perry" and that Cyrus woman dominating today's music scene. There is something rather charming about that kid, of what little I've seen of her and her music. I don't think Taylor Swift can be classified as "the voice of the new generation" (but if some people do think she is, well, all I can say is that, classifying Swift as the "voice of the new generation" is so much better than classifying "Gaga" as the voice of the new generation! :P) but her work will most certainly not be forgotten by all the kiddies who dig the mainstream scene of course! :)

As for folks like me, I couldn't care less about her music! :P

Archived