Pamela Des Barres' "I'm With The Band" on HBO

stacilayne

Hey, guys! I posted my blog on the subject -- take a look, if you have a moment.

http://stacilaynewilson.wordpress.com/2010/02/07/baby-lets-play-casting-director-pamela-des-barres-tv-series-to-hit-hbo/

I'm surprised none of the commentors (on my blog; not here in the forum) had other speculations on who could play Page... or any of the other rockers! I think I had some pretty interesting suggestions, but I' love to know yours, too.

I posted a link onto Pamela Des Barres' TWITTER, but she did not answer on who was previously-cast to plortray her. Oh, well... it was worth a shot.

(500) DAYS OF SUMMER was one of my favorite movies of the year, and I also chose it in my 100 of the 00's. It's a real cinephile's film though, so I can see why some people found it too precious or outres. But I adored it. I also can't get enough of the soundtrack.

Staci

Another Jimmy would be Carl Barat formerly of the Libertines. I was head over heels for this dude because I thought looked so much like Jimmy.

Carl_Barat.jpg

I'm a big Libertines fan & I thought the same when they first came out. When Carl Barat wears a leather jacket he could pass for a Supershow era Jimmy Page.

LOL! Totally, he would. That was a great call.

Staci

Thanks. And thanks for that link too. That was your Mom? Jesus Christ, Lord have mercy :D ! Oh my. She certainly passed her great genes down to you as well.

I imagine Keith Moon or a character based on him would have a part in the Pamela Des Barres movie as well. I don't know why but Jason Schwartzman from "Rushmore" always reminded me of him though he's not an exact match. They both have those sad eyes with big bushy arched eyebrows... & Schwartzman's a bit of a nut too. The same height & build too. I'm talking about a young Keith Moon between 1964-1971, before the drugs & weight took it's toll.

Oh, yeah! I remember her now.

Personally, as I said earlier, I reckon she could pull this off, but I have a feeling it's only because of AF.

Great call on Joseph Gordon-Levitt, I always thought he could be a pretty good Jimmy if they ever did a bio of the band. He looks very Knebworth-esque here.

normal_set11_01.jpg

I've never heard of him, but from his looks, he could play Jimmy. Thanks. :D

hi, staci

'i'm with the band' was originally optioned for film by ally sheedy. she is a good friend of mistress pamela's and she was going to do the role. i'm not sure if she is exec. producing or has sold or lost out on her original option, but there you go....

I think Robert Pattinson should play Jimmy! B) They have similar features IMO.

Robert_Pattinson-1-Twilight.jpg

nyma08mr710uyna1.jpg

Well they're both gorgeous, anyhow. :D

I'm just about the start watching Little Ashes and I was just actaully thinking the same thing! I was thinking of Jimmy all through Twilight. :D

• 3 weeks later...

hi, staci

'i'm with the band' was originally optioned for film by ally sheedy. she is a good friend of mistress pamela's and she was going to do the role. i'm not sure if she is exec. producing or has sold or lost out on her original option, but there you go....

Yes!!! Ally Sheedy. Thanks. I can sleep, now :)

Staci

Archived