ROSELAND BALLROOM

KEVIN

I just got home from the concert and wanted to share a few quick thoughts......

THIS BAND IS TIGHT...

Josh is an excellent front man and played up to the crowed well. His singing is a little muddy in the mix, but his lyrics are interesting and well thought out.

Alain Johannes on guitar while "in the shadows" stands out on every song. IMHO when they record the second album he should be in the studio with the rest of the band.

JPJ has fulfilled his wish of a few years ago and is making "LOUD MUSIC".

He seems to really enjoy himself and plays off the other band members rather than push the envelope or try to take the lead musically.

After watching them tonight I have only one thought.........

He is now part of the GREATEST ROCK-N-ROLL RHYTHM SECTION I have ever seen...... which brings me to my main point....

THIS IS DAVE GROHL'S BAND.

No need for a 5 or 10 minute drum solo..... he HITS THE SHIT OUT OF THE DRUMS FOR 2 HOURS STRAIGHT!!!!!!!

AND better than anyone I have ever seen.............. (yup ANYONE)

Check them out. WHENEVER, WHEREEVER, HOWEVER

You will not be disappointed.

PERIOD.............

Yeah just got home too. This band was great and Jones was definitely a stand out for me. The man looks like he's in his 40's on stage, but you get reminded, he's in his 60's!

That bit that Josh said about SNL was funny, he talked about how they censored some of the lyrics, and then said "F*@k them" lol.

Hands down best concert I've been to. The videos on YouTube or on TV do not give this band justice when it comes to live performances. Every beat and note hit you through your chest, and for a relatively new band, to quote what was said above from me, they are indeed TIGHT!

hop everyone that went had a good time. It'll probably be a while before we see anything like this again.

It was definitely another kick-ass Them Crooked Vultures show.

Got there early, 2pm. Not early enough. There were already about a dozen people waiting. I asked the girl who was first and she said she got there at 1130. I gave her a high-five and told her my zep story. It was so frigging cold waiting but it's worth it when you're right up front. I got to second row right in front of JPJ.

Warm up band was very good. A local band. Low Brough I think. They really rocked it out. I liked them alot better than the mini-mansions who warmed them up back in october. They ended their short set with a real rocker. Blues something, sorry, couldn't hear that clearly.

Then the stage was torn down quickly and out came the vultures. Dave with his usual smile and wave from the rear of the stage. Josh looked good. Alain looked good but no suit this time. And of course our favorite JPJ-looking abit perplexed. They opened with NLMANDI and it was so so good. Loud but not so loud where it hurts, just sounds REAL good. I hoped they'd open with Elephants again but that's OK. For Elephants they has Dave start with a slow drum beat and then get faster and then all of a sudden it starts...and I go nuts. My apologies to the cute young girl who was standing next to me. I think I bumped her pretty hard on that song.

They played every song on the album as usual with highway one also. They did some new intros to songs, including elephants with the drums and scumbag blues with the guitar. Josh also did SB differently than I remember it in the past. Alot longer guitar solo in the middle of the song.

Before starting Mind Eraser he talked about Saturday Night Live. Josh said that their were censors there. But he was still able to say fuck, shit and piss all in the same song. and then he said something like "fuck the executives". Can't wait to see it on youtube. Then this song is about being tricked. And then came mind eraser, no chaser. One of the nonstop jams on the album. They ended with another stunning version of Warsaw. They get really really out there with their solos.

Overall an excellent show with just one snag. There was this very short young girl there who kept trying to get in front of everyone so that she could take pictures. She would hold the camera high above the head of the person in front of her which had to block the view of the people behind her. Then she would also put her arm over the shoulder of the person in front of her so she could get a little bit better photo. I know we all like to use our cameras to get a shot, but it's ridiculous to bother everyone around you. The girl who was first in line basically told her to get the ffff out of here before she gets her ass kicked. don't like to see that type of thing but it happens...and this case it was really deserved.

All in all a great night with a long ride home. 2am.

but you know what. It all just makes me want to see them again and again. They are absolutely remarkable!!!

"We did saturday night live on saturday. And unbeknownst to the censors, the censors at NBC -I said dick, piss and shit on TV the other night...Making the world a better place for those who swear. Fuck those people.

This song is about being tricked. It's called Mind Eraser, No Chaser.

I just uploaded my photos and video to photobucket.com.

The sound in the videos is horrible. thanks to my crappy i-phone.

http://s866.photobucket.com/albums/ab229/FrontRowDave/Alice%20Cooper%202009/TCV%20Live%20at%20Roseland%20February%202010/

I wish I saw you in line before the show.....

I would have gave you my camera....

My GF wouldn't wait in line (too cold)so we spent 3 hours in a bar, then 2 more in Roseland.

Needless to say our "seats" were less than good. (off to the sied of the soundboard)

GREAT SHOW ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!

Kevin

I wish I saw you in line before the show.....

I would have gave you my camera....

My GF wouldn't wait in line (too cold)so we spent 3 hours in a bar, then 2 more in Roseland.

Needless to say our "seats" were less than good. (off to the sied of the soundboard)

GREAT SHOW ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!

Kevin

Next time!!

Absolutly..... I found a great bar called "house of brews" on 51st street and 8th. It is a great place to have a "pre show" warmup.... 100's of beers to choose from. The night we were there they had Stella 2 for 6 bucks......

I hope we dont have to wait too long before they coome back, and I hope they are still playing small joints like Roseland.

Archived