Plant’s Buddy Miller-produced album?

glicine

This is from a new article featuring Darrel Scott.

Imagine this. Rock legend Robert Plant leaned in to his microphone for two weeks of recording such songs as “Cindy” just before Christmas in Nashville.

A tiny band accompanied the former lead singer of Led Zeppelin.

Darrell Scott played in that band.

See Scott on Feb. 13 at the Paramount Center for the Arts in Bristol, Tenn.

Because of the rescheduled Bluegrass All Star Jam, this show is the first in the Birthplace of Country Music Alliance concert series at the Paramount, which also includes former “Hee-Haw” star Roni Stoneman, and Dale Jett and his band Hello Stranger.

Back to Nashville, the studio and Scott with Robert Plant.

“Those two-plus weeks were some of the most memorable times I’ve ever had in the studio,” Scott said on Tuesday afternoon from his home in Nashville, Tenn. “The number-one thing is that Robert loves music. You think they’re posing and just getting through it, but I was humbled with how Robert Plant loved the music – old country, blues, rockabilly.”

Look for Plant’s Buddy Miller-produced album later this year. Listen for Scott, who played such instruments as mandolin and glockenspiel on the album.

You can read the whole article here:

tricities

Very interesting. And promising, especially if Buddy plays on it too.

I wonder if any of the Daniel Lanois recording sessions with Robert will be on this

(perhaps that is another project altogether and we'll see two albums from him???)

R B)

The WOW factor metor just went off the scale ! Two seperate projects from Robert hopefully something new from Jimmy... not to mention TCV. 2010 is starting to shape up for us Zeppelin fans !!!

Looks like Darrell Scott's saying it's a double album, too. smile.gif

R cool.gif

Ok, fine but if it doesn't include Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush or Midnight at the Oasis I'm gonna bitch. It's a double album so there's really no excuse not to include a cover of at least one of these songs.

Ok, fine but if it doesn't include Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush or Midnight at the Oasis I'm gonna bitch. It's a double album so there's really no excuse not to include a cover of at least one of these songs.

:D

R B)

Funny! :)

Actually I remember reading an interview from the 70's with Jimmy where he praised the guitar on Maria Muldour's Midnight at the Oasis. Rightfully so, that's some great Les Paul-inspired fretwork on that song!

Knowing you I bet you remember the interview, Steve...

I took it as a dig at Led Zeppelin, millions of mere mortals will as well. No way it gets released with that title.

Steve, I really don't think this is the real title. This sounds like a running studio joke to me. And the primary source of this information appears to be a studio musician, not the principals (Plant and Miller).

Archived