2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics

hollyamos22

The women are crashing like crazy on the Downhill skiing today!

Some of those crashes were spectacular!

I don't know how they can get up and walk away after hurling down the hill at 70 MPH!

I hope that they all will be OK! They have future races to worry about, too.

Americans won the gold and silver at this event.

Mother Nature hasn't been kind and the snow conditions ( too wet ) at Whistler have been terrible. It's starting to cool down so hopefully the conditions will improve

Hey Plashenko. yeah, you want to whine like a little bitch and say you should've won cause you landed a quad. How about landing the quad clean and not that bullshit you did before you talk.

According to Plashenko logic, he should've just ran out their, did the quad and sat for the next 4min and 20 seconds. But if you apply that logic all the american had to do was just attempt the quad and he would've still won.

Best trick contest is for the potsmokers on the snowboards, not the gays on the ice.

It's snow joke!

Dyslexic skier at the top of the slope says to the man next to him "Excuse me, but I'm a dyslexic skier & I don't know whether to Zig Zag down the slope or Zag Zig"? to which the man replies, "Don't ask me, I'm a tobogganist" "well" he said, "Give us a pack of cigarettes & a box of matches then"

Not to be unpatriotic, but I'm kinda bummed Canada lost to us last night. I was sorta rooting for them to get the gold since it means so much to them, plus I like a lot of players on that team. Unless something horrible happens, they'll beat Germany for sure, and hopefully that'll be the start of a comeback.

What do you think they should do differently, hockey experts? I read that they're thinking about changing out Brodeur for Luongo (which I am bummed about, but I understand why), but what else do you think is the problem? I'm not going to opine upon the subject because I'm a noob, but I'm interested in what you guys think.

Not to be unpatriotic, but I'm kinda bummed Canada lost to us last night. I was sorta rooting for them to get the gold since it means so much to them, plus I like a lot of players on that team. Unless something horrible happens, they'll beat Germany for sure, and hopefully that'll be the start of a comeback.

What do you think they should do differently, hockey experts? I read that they're thinking about changing out Brodeur for Luongo (which I am bummed about, but I understand why), but what else do you think is the problem? I'm not going to opine upon the subject because I'm a noob, but I'm interested in what you guys think.

Quite simply, they're being out worked and out coached. Babcock is playing around with the lines too much and guy's like Thorton, Marleau , Pronger and Niedermeyer are going thru the motions. I'd drop them and play guy's

like Dowdy, Seabrooke, Morrow and , quit trying to find line mates for Sidney Crosby. Just put him on the ice. If he's that good, he should be able to play with anybody. If he's not, bench him !

these athletes are amazingly insanely talented. last night i saw this girl skating and spinning so fast, she got a nose bleed. i really enjoyed watching the snow board races last week...as thats something i actually could picture myself doing. never snowboarded, but skate boarded and i bet i could have done that when i was a kid. not the tricks on the half pipe though, that stuff just seems unattainable to me.

I was far more impressed with Joannie Rochette going out there and skating two days after her mother died of a heart attack. I don't know if I could have done that if it was me. The reception she got from the crowd was amazing and she burst into tears coming off the ice. Bless her.

I was far more impressed with Joannie Rochette going out there and skating two days after her mother died of a heart attack. I don't know if I could have done that if it was me. The reception she got from the crowd was amazing and she burst into tears coming off the ice. Bless her.

That was a special moment and one that I'll remember long after these games are finished

Archived