2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics

hollyamos22

Mens 1500 m short track speed skating

Korea - Gold

US - Silver

US - Bronze

medals2.jpg

MAN, was that incredible or what? I can't believe the other two Korean skaters crashed at the last second - I was kind of bummed because it was looking like none of the US guys were going to get a medal, and then all of the sudden 2nd and 3rd place are skidding out into the padding right before the finish line. WOW! That was like the Bristol Motor Speedway of speed skating!

MAN, was that incredible or what? I can't believe the other two Korean skaters crashed at the last second - I was kind of bummed because it was looking like none of the US guys were going to get a medal, and then all of the sudden 2nd and 3rd place are skidding out into the padding right before the finish line. WOW! That was like the Bristol Motor Speedway of speed skating!

Short track is SO unpredictable and the standings can change so rapidly. I mean, look at Apolo's first heat! He was in last place until the last few laps! He made a move and suddenly, not only was he in first place, but he was way out ahead of everyone else! That's why it's such an exciting sport. Long track and other sports (i.e. luge, skeleton, etc.), you're basically competing against a clock. Figure skating and such you have to wait until EVERYONE is done just to see if your scores from some snobby judges are still high enough to medal. Short track is up front, in your face, and makes no apologies. First one to cross the line in this frantic race wins!

The 1500m is actually Apolo's weakest event. Wait until the 500m! No sitting at the back of the pack waiting to make move. Not enough time. It's an all out scramble for first...... and it's historically Apolo's BEST event! Just you wait!

Me sleepy too, barely made it through the Native American performance....colorful.

I liked our berets they wore here in SLC better. biggrin.gif "Luckily" I wasn't here though.

Saw a guy the other day who looked JUST like Shawn White...(is that his name?) He said he gets that all the time. Pretty cute.

Man, the Vancouver skyline is BEAUTIFUL at night. It really is gorgeous up there. Never been but I'd love to go someday.

Hey Ally, wave.gif glad you do have snow coming, I know how nerve racking it is in an Olympic year hoping the snow is killer. But Lady Nature makes up her own plans. We haven't near the great totals we've had for a while this year either.

skiing.gif

Yeah, Mother Nature will no doubt play a huge part on how the events go. That snow that was supposed to happen, never did biggrin.gif

Anytime you want to see the Vancouver skyline my dear, you know who to call ! Yeah baby laugh.gif

That was defitenly epic.

I for one love watching the Olympics, all the events! After watching the freestyle skiing moguls, I think I might want to try that sport out sometime (Its funny to say this cause I live in Florida :lol: ) I defitenly like to watch speedskating since its a sport my sister does. I even asked my mom if my sister made it to the olympics, would you watch her? She answered "No way, i'd get drunk and stay in the village." My mom explained that its really scary for her to watch my sister race against others. As of now, i'm watching downhill alpine skiing. Come on Bode!!

Alexandre Bilodeau wins gold for Canada in the Mens Mogul. The first Canadian to win gold on home soil.

alexb.jpg

Silver - AUS Begg-Smith

Bronze - US Wilson

Awesome pic - thanks for posting!

It was a big moment in our house - VERY exciting!!! That young man is already a household name !!

To ALL the athletes :thumbsup::yay:!!!!!

The women are crashing like crazy on the Downhill skiing today!

Some of those crashes were spectacular!

I don't know how they can get up and walk away after hurling down the hill at 70 MPH!

I hope that they all will be OK! They have future races to worry about, too.

Americans won the gold and silver at this event.

I am rooting for Louie Vito in the Halfpipe Snowboarding event tonight.

Louie was born in Columbus, Ohio, and was raised in Bellefontaine, Ohio, where there is a skiing venue, Mad River Mountain. That's where my friends and family go skiing (great weather this year for skiing in Ohio, LOL). He was a member of the Catholic church in Bellefontaine, St. Patrick's, where a long-time family friend of ours had been a priest there in the past. That's my remote connection to Louie Vito, LOL.

Louie Vito

Another Article

I am rooting for Louie Vito in the Halfpipe Snowboarding event tonight.

Louie was born in Columbus, Ohio, and was raised in Bellefontaine, Ohio, where there is a skiing venue, Mad River Mountain. That's where my friends and family go skiing (great weather this year for skiing in Ohio, LOL). He was a member of the Catholic church in Bellefontaine, St. Patrick's, where a long-time family friend of ours had been a priest there in the past. That's my remote connection to Louie Vito, LOL.

Louie Vito

Another Article

No medal for Louie. sad.gif

Archived