Jimmy's Music Room

pujols05

One of the coolest parts of It Might Get Loud, for me, is when Jimmy puts on the Link Wray 45 in his music room. Behind him, we get a glimpse of LOTS of music, and what I would guess are bootlegs (kind of on the right side of the screen).

By chance has anyone recognized stuff on his shelves? Obviously we don't see anything close, or for long, but maybe something stands out.

One of the coolest parts of It Might Get Loud, for me, is when Jimmy puts on the Link Wray 45 in his music room. Behind him, we get a glimpse of LOTS of music, and what I would guess are bootlegs (kind of on the right side of the screen).

By chance has anyone recognized stuff on his shelves? Obviously we don't see anything close, or for long, but maybe something stands out.

i saw LZII and a Zeppelin Box Set. i saw a tin with possibly recordings in it. i believe i saw the LZIII faces as well. i was amazed of how much stuff he has O.o but yes tons of bootlegs too. did u see all of his guitars too!! oh my god

. I feel like Jimmy puts on his favorite records when no one else is home and just dances around and plays air guitar ahaha

Yeah, true. Jimmy Page playing air guitar!

When I saw IMGL at the Sundance Film Festival last year, this scene really stood out, and now that I have the DVD I can enjoy it over and over. It might reveal more about Jimmy than any of the dozens of interviews you find in magazines. It's obvious: the man loves music.

Loads of Zep boots. If you're looking for specifics, then the following have been identified:

Join The Blimp (Tarantura)

Blueberry Hill 9CD box set (Tarantura 2000)

Delerium Treatment (Tarantura 2000)

The Final Option (vinyl boot compilation)

Plus various other Antrabatas, Taranturas, etc, etc...

My Dad has been in that room, and it is full of Led Zeppelin bootlegs!

When Page goes to USA or Japan, he goes to these ghetto shops and buys any LZ bootleg CD or Dvd etc.

He is interested in how they were recorded and where people were stood in comparison to other bootleggers at the same show!

Yes, it has been well documented that Jimmy makes plenty of purchases when he's in Japan.

How did your dad make it into that room?

Yes, it has been well documented that Jimmy makes plenty of purchases when he's in Japan.

How did your dad make it into that room?

He has been repairing Jimmy's antiques on and off for a few years now.

My dad currently has some of his lamps that need some awkward parts replaced.

The house that this room is in, is a house on the banks of the river Thames in a village called Sonning which he bought around 2006.

deanery.jpg

The house that this room is in, is a house on the banks of the river Thames in a village called Sonning which he bought around 2006.

deanery.jpg

Yeah, I could live there.

Sounds like your dad has a pretty sweet gig!

Yeah, I could live there.

Sounds like your dad has a pretty sweet gig!

Yeah, If I had that gig, I'd probably be swinging from the Chandeliers!!! LOL!!! :D

And playing air guitar to some good ol' rock n' roll, myself.

R B)

deanery.jpg

I had assumed that the Music Room was in Tower House, but I guess I was wrong.

Looks like a beautiful place to live- quiet & serene.

Do you know if this house also is the location of the large hall/room where Jimmy is playing the acoustic guitar ? (in the extra footage section of the DVD)

Do you know if this house also is the location of the large hall/room where Jimmy is playing the acoustic guitar ? (in the extra footage section of the DVD)

Based on what we can see out the windows in that scene, I would guess not, but I could be wrong. It's happened many times.

@Achilles, it would be great if your dad got Jimmy's permission to document the contents of the room, even if it meant just using a video camera to sweep up and down the shelves slow enough to catch all the titles.

It could happen, right?

Archived