More ticket stubs

Conneyfogle

Ok i pulled out all my ticket stub books to see where and how "I" felt Gomez ranked. First let me say I,ve seen HUNDREDS of shows....The Grateful Dead for example I've seen more Than 100 times ......so with that said, I put together my favorite 15 shows of my lifetime!!!!!

1. Led Zeppelin May 26 1977 Capital Centre MD FRONT ROW. My first of four front row shows in a row by the mighty Zep.

2. The Who Aug 6, 1976 Capital Centre 2nd row...with Moon...my hearing has never been the same since.

3. Led Zeppelin May 30,1977 Capital Centre Front Row....The first was the first just for the sheer excitement of seeing Plant inches from me....this one was because the performance was .....well get the boot and see.

4. The Grateful Dead July 13, 1984 Greek Theatre Berkley,CA..this was the boys 15th B-day party.

5. GOMEZ Oct 18, 2004 The Handlebar,Greenville,SC HOLY SHIT!!

Really and truely the boys garner the 5th spot on my list!!! What a performance...too bad the sound system was so wimpy there.

6. Roger Waters Sept 12, 1988 McNichols Arena Denver,CO This show blew Pink Floyd away.....I can't believe I just said that in public...but it was one of the best things I've ever seen Roger do.

7. Robert Plant Sept 14,1990 Red Rocks Morrison,CO....I,ve seen Plant SO many times, but this was a very special performance....mind numbing.

8. Queen/Thin Lizzy 1976 Cole Field House University of MD....shitty acoustics.....but phenomenal performance....I saw Queen 4 or 5 times...this was by far the best. Lizzy tore it up as well.

9. Little Feat w/Lowell George....March 78 Warner Theatre DC I was at 7 of the 14 shows...this is where they recorded Waiting For Columbus, so I need to list all 7 shows I saw as #9.

10.GOMEZ Aug 12, 2004 Orange Peel,Asheville,NC....Truely Gomez are in my top 10 shows TWICE!!!!!!! I believe they will keep bustin' my list!

11.Grateful Dead July22, 1984 Ventura<CA...The Dead played on the beach for two days.....we camped and swam in the ocean to the Dead!!! Just pure magic.

12. Yes/Donavan Aug. 16, 1977 Capital Centre MD...great show I got to sit on stage next to Steve Howe for this show.....

13.Talking Heads 1983 Red Rocks,CO...this was incredible....they played Burnin' Down THe House TWICE....

14.Grateful Dead Dec 31,1983 San Fran Civic Centre....New Years Eve turning 1984......4 shows....so much fun...this show ended at 5:00am with Bill Graham giving ALL in attendance a bagged breakfast of bagel and apple to leave with.

15. Lenny Kravitz Oct 16,1999 ABQ Convention Centre...I can't believe Lenny made it on my list either...but THIS show was stellar.

So I post this list to show how IMPORTANT I feel this band Gomez is! OK now let's do a Zep cover for the next tour guys.

I was at the Rolling Stones , Richie Colliseum Buffalo NY 1978 on my stub it doesn't have the date. I remember winning a white tuxedo Stones jacket from the radio for that show.

The 1978 Rolling Stones concert in Buffalo was at Rich stadium I think you mean? Outdoors? That was the Some Girls tour right? Wasnt that the one that they walked off early while it was still light out? If so, I was at that one. I was also at the 1975 Rolling Stones concert in Buffalo. Glad to see my Zepp concert was number three on your list.

...Ocean, Silver, these are the greatest posts for sure today, with utmost relevancy to LedZeppelin.Com; and for quite sometime really..... there is nothing more beautiful then ZEP Era, Memories...Ocean, I have read your story, last year, and now I read it again...both of you are making me very emotional...'77 incredible year, I just fell in love with a very Charismatic Mysterious, Dark Lord James Patrick Page, first year high school, ...little I knew that he will such an impact on generations to come; I am so glad that we all grew up with HIS Extra Ordinary Immortal Vision, Timeless Youth - Led Zeppelin...........yep! the age of Dragon Suits, and Dino's....love it!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Concert ticket prices have gone up only a little since '77. :P $7.50, what a bargain even when factoring in inflation since then.

Its beyond belief. But I paid the scalp price of the day of $35 each. Still a steal to see Led Zeppelin. I was offered $100 each at the door. And wisely declined

Its beyond belief. But I paid the scalp price of the day of $35 each. Still a steal to see Led Zeppelin. I was offered $100 each at the door. And wisely declined

One of the best decisions you probably ever made. Not that it was difficult!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I finally finished my project. I scanned every ticket stub I have into my computer and uploaded them all.

This will give anyone a good example of ticket prices in MY history of rock and roll. I've got several from each year in the eighteis and more as time

goes on. About 200 total.

I'm also trying to gather a lilst of anyone who has been at the same concerts I have been to so if you have

please let me know here or put a comment right on the photo.

Rock On and enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=hp#!/photo.php?id=100000382378943&pid=526837

and while you're there please friend me!! Thanks!

I finally finished my project. I scanned every ticket stub I have into my computer and uploaded them all.

This will give anyone a good example of ticket prices in MY history of rock and roll. I've got several from each year in the eighteis and more as time

goes on. About 200 total.

I'm also trying to gather a lilst of anyone who has been at the same concerts I have been to so if you have

please let me know here or put a comment right on the photo.

Rock On and enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=hp#!/photo.php?id=100000382378943&pid=526837

and while you're there please friend me!! Thanks!

Nice collection of stubs Dave.

Consider yourself friended, well, as soon as you approve me.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some real historic shows. Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad you enjoyed them. I try to focus on shows where there's a famous bootleg. If you're interested, here are some more:

June 28, 1970

6hosub.jpg

July 27, 1973

svmpaa.jpg

May 31, 1973

2s1og09.jpg

February 12, 1975

1060fbp.jpg

March 4, 1975

v4uydj.jpg

March 27, 1975

2a9chh4.jpg

May 17, 1975

2j4d382.jpg

May 24, 1975

2dltdte.jpg

April 27, 1977

2ly0ute.jpg

June 21, 1977

volj69.jpg

June 23, 1977

33p7b43.jpg

July 17, 1977

339siz8.jpg

And not much in the way of a recording, but the idea of a show where Zep and The Who played together was too cool to pass up.

May 25, 1969

2whjvqu.jpg

Archived