More ticket stubs

Conneyfogle

More great ones Steve. Even more amazing is the cost of the tix. Even when you factor in inflation, it's ridiculous how inflated the prices for tickets have become.

According to the inflation calculator at the site below, a US$9.75 ticket to the Listen To This Eddie or For Badgeholders Only shows in L.A. would cost US$36.36 today. I don't go to many concerts now, but I can only imagine how much tickets are today for bands that are at the level Zep was at in '77.

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm Rusty Banks, Content Director of Stubstory.com and I found this thread today. I was curious about the possibly of integrating some of these ticket stubs and the stories behind them into what we are doing.

Would you take a look at www.stubstory.com and see if you'd care to share some stories?

Anyone interested please shoot me an email to talk about having your stories appear on Stubstory.

I'm looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks

Rusty Banks

• 5 weeks later...

I paid $8.00 in 1969 to see The Who in Chicago.

According to the inflation calculator at the site below, a US$9.75 ticket to the Listen To This Eddie or For Badgeholders Only shows in L.A. would cost US$36.36 today. I don't go to many concerts now, but I can only imagine how much tickets are today for bands that are at the level Zep was at in '77.

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok i pulled out all my ticket stub books to see where and how "I" felt Gomez ranked. First let me say I,ve seen HUNDREDS of shows....The Grateful Dead for example I've seen more Than 100 times ......so with that said, I put together my favorite 15 shows of my lifetime!!!!!

1. Led Zeppelin May 26 1977 Capital Centre MD FRONT ROW. My first of four front row shows in a row by the mighty Zep.

2. The Who Aug 6, 1976 Capital Centre 2nd row...with Moon...my hearing has never been the same since.

3. Led Zeppelin May 30,1977 Capital Centre Front Row....The first was the first just for the sheer excitement of seeing Plant inches from me....this one was because the performance was .....well get the boot and see.

4. The Grateful Dead July 13, 1984 Greek Theatre Berkley,CA..this was the boys 15th B-day party.

5. GOMEZ Oct 18, 2004 The Handlebar,Greenville,SC HOLY SHIT!!

Really and truely the boys garner the 5th spot on my list!!! What a performance...too bad the sound system was so wimpy there.

6. Roger Waters Sept 12, 1988 McNichols Arena Denver,CO This show blew Pink Floyd away.....I can't believe I just said that in public...but it was one of the best things I've ever seen Roger do.

7. Robert Plant Sept 14,1990 Red Rocks Morrison,CO....I,ve seen Plant SO many times, but this was a very special performance....mind numbing.

8. Queen/Thin Lizzy 1976 Cole Field House University of MD....shitty acoustics.....but phenomenal performance....I saw Queen 4 or 5 times...this was by far the best. Lizzy tore it up as well.

9. Little Feat w/Lowell George....March 78 Warner Theatre DC I was at 7 of the 14 shows...this is where they recorded Waiting For Columbus, so I need to list all 7 shows I saw as #9.

10.GOMEZ Aug 12, 2004 Orange Peel,Asheville,NC....Truely Gomez are in my top 10 shows TWICE!!!!!!! I believe they will keep bustin' my list!

11.Grateful Dead July22, 1984 Ventura<CA...The Dead played on the beach for two days.....we camped and swam in the ocean to the Dead!!! Just pure magic.

12. Yes/Donavan Aug. 16, 1977 Capital Centre MD...great show I got to sit on stage next to Steve Howe for this show.....

13.Talking Heads 1983 Red Rocks,CO...this was incredible....they played Burnin' Down THe House TWICE....

14.Grateful Dead Dec 31,1983 San Fran Civic Centre....New Years Eve turning 1984......4 shows....so much fun...this show ended at 5:00am with Bill Graham giving ALL in attendance a bagged breakfast of bagel and apple to leave with.

15. Lenny Kravitz Oct 16,1999 ABQ Convention Centre...I can't believe Lenny made it on my list either...but THIS show was stellar.

So I post this list to show how IMPORTANT I feel this band Gomez is! OK now let's do a Zep cover for the next tour guys.

I was at the Rolling Stones , Richie Colliseum Buffalo NY 1978 on my stub it doesn't have the date. I remember winning a white tuxedo Stones jacket from the radio for that show.

Nice to see Gomez name checked here as our number 5. I've seen tons of shows beginning in 83. I've seen Gomez rip the roof off here in Chicago. Their Not Fade Away Jam at the Vic theater in 2006/2007 was amazing!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived