Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

• Administrators

...and the woman accepting the award on Jimmy's behalf is...

(my apologies if this has been answered before but many pics are either unviewable or have been removed)

post-5-0-73053300-1397590558_thumb.jpg

Gwyneth Dunwoody, Parliamentary Secretary to the Board of Trade, who presented Led Zeppelin with Gold Record awards for sales of $5 million in the United States. Jimmy Page arrives late for the actual ceremony...

December 11, 1969

Gold & Platinum Record Awards - Savoy Hotel (UK)

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/event/december-11-1969

attachicon.giflz-award_dec69.jpg Gwyneth Dunwoody, Parliamentary Secretary to the Board of Trade, who presented Led Zeppelin with Gold Record awards for sales of $5 million in the United States. Jimmy Page arrives late for the actual ceremony... December 11, 1969Gold & Platinum Record Awards - Savoy Hotel (UK)http://www.ledzeppelin.com/event/december-11-1969

Thanks Sam!

10172620_722109057839295_288945575967385

This photo has been cropped I guess, or maybe there are other images out there - I know I've seen a photo of JP with the Sherlock Holmes/Lyceum Theatre poster before but I can't place it and it'd driving me crazy! When/where was this taken, who was JP talking to, and does anyone have the full image or other images with the poster in them? Thanks.

10172620_722109057839295_288945575967385

This photo has been cropped I guess, or maybe there are other images out there - I know I've seen a photo of JP with the Sherlock Holmes/Lyceum Theatre poster before but I can't place it and it'd driving me crazy! When/where was this taken, who was JP talking to, and does anyone have the full image or other images with the poster in them? Thanks.

The location is the Swan Song Records office at 484 Kings Road in Chelsea.

It is possibly during an interview with Michael Watts of Melody Maker in late August 1974 published in the Sep 7, 1974 issue of that magazine.

Here's another image, same session:

http://www.comeintomyparlor.com/jimmy_page_photo_gallery/index.album/swan-song-office-1974?i=91&s=1

.... you are correct SAJ, no photos at the Market, but there appears to be a review of this shopping trip, including photos at the Airport, arrival of LZ in Echoes Vedettes Magazine...restricted copyright...

The Original discussion...

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/308-zeppelin-mysteries-hosted-by-steve-a-jones/page-7

SAJ, quickly I will add that I have response from Libary, Echos Vedettes magainze only holds a French concert review with Press/Promotion Shot of LZ..with copyright restriction thus far...further, I am awaiting for Photos Vedettes Magazine, photos of Jimmy/Charlotte appeared in this publication...I shall see what holds in Photos Vedettes...I have sumbitted inquiry, awaiting follow up...

not edited...

SAJ, quickly I will add that I have response from Libary, Echos Vedettes magainze only holds a French concert review with Press/Promotion Shot of LZ..with copyright restriction thus far...further, I am awaiting for Photos Vedettes Magazine, photos of Jimmy/Charlotte appeared in this publication...I shall see what holds in Photos Vedettes...I have sumbitted inquiry, awaiting follow up...

not edited...

Thank you for the update!

It is possibly during an interview with Michael Watts of Melody Maker in late August 1974 published in the Sep 7, 1974 issue of that magazine.

http://www.comeintomyparlor.com/jimmy_page_photo_gallery/index.album/swan-song-office-1974?i=91&s=1

Thank you - what a valuable resource this forum is!

I can't get over these pics from the Roy Harper

show with Bonzo on guitar. Am I seeing things?

Is he just fooling around or can he play?

Are there reviews or recordings of this?

What's the story here?

img0213ce3.jpg

^^^

Who the heck is Ray Harper!

• Administrators

Taken before the '73 US tour, published in NME April 21, 1973.

post-5-0-54692900-1397773808_thumb.jpg

That's Tom Karr third from right.

My Elvis Presley knowledge may finally be paying off. The guy seated I'm almost certain is George Klein. Friend of Elvis since 1953 and DJ on Elvis channel on Sirius Satellite Radio currently. Best bet is backstage at Mid-South Colisuem on 4/17/70

Thank you for the update!

...SAJ and fans, Bibiliotech. de Montreal Library archives have confirmed that these photos are indeed published in their April 25, 1970 PHOTOS VEDETTES Magazine issue along with extended coverage of performance...Copyright Clearance is an unconfirmed issue at the moment...I will see what can I do...I have addressed this back to the reference staff...I will pursue this, but it may take time...

..Also, I think the reason Page is wearing boots/sneakers different shoes in two arrival photos, it is perhaps Jimmy returned to Montereal in few after the April 13th Performance, to shop the antiques...

here is Paris arrival photo in this link...

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/312718767846602519/

...so this is indeed Dorval Airport, Montreal photos... I have submitted further ID...waiting..

Edited by PlanetPage

Does anyone know who this is with Jimmy? It does look like 1975.

384534_3041441517684_53980103_n_zpsbdef6

...AEN, thanks for the gorgeous photo of Jimmy, if possible, could you please post the source link, as for Page Fashion, the Stunning Black Egyptian Poppyrus attire, was draped by His Royal Darkness at the Olympia Stadium, Detroit '75...see photos in timeline...I wonder if there are any answers herein the timeline..

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/january-31-1975

SteveAJones: Richard Cole identified the man on the left as a friend of Jimmy's named Paul Reeves.

...and further to this, these two photos of Page..the Library, Bibliotech de Montreal now confirms only one photo of Jimmy/Charlotte seated at the airport in Photos Vedettes Magazine archive, not these two (so it stands, these two airport photos of Page/Paul Reeves Id's by Richard Cole, stands as Paris photos, photo credit to Christian Rose, Paris based photographer as discussed previously just few posts back)

...however, Photos Vedettes, has extended coverage of Led Zeppelin in Montreal, unfortunately, copyright is NOT permitted thus far...

Echos Vedettes has only the concert coverage with a standard Press/Promo Photo seen already widely, the magazine has deemed confirmed that No Copyright is permitted anyway whatsoever...

...NO COPYRIGHT permitted, this is their final decision, not even for the Text/article thus far...

sorry fans...I will not be able to post these, if there are any updates, I will share...

Edited by PlanetPage