Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

This website has a well-documented account of the Yardbirds' trip to Singapore and Australia, so if the quote below is correct, then the last date for a performance in North America would have been January 8th. So the date range for the mystery photo would be Dec 26th - Jan 8th.

The Yardbirds had spent the previous cold, northern wintery Christmas - New Year period of 1966-7 in the United States, before returning to London on 9 January. During the following week the change of manager from Simon Napier-Bell to Peter Grant took place. They then boarded a flight to Singapore where they arrived on the 16th

7 hours ago, bluecongo said:

Steve, I just want to chime in and say Jimmy was a HUGE fan of Syd Barret.  I'm trying to find it, but I recently read an old interview where Jimmy put Syd and Jimi Hendrix on same pedestal of ingenuity and genius.

I find that very hard believe. Feel free to post findings to the Zeppelin Mysteries thread if you would like.

6 hours ago, thozil said:

This website has a well-documented account of the Yardbirds' trip to Singapore and Australia, so if the quote below is correct, then the last date for a performance in North America would have been January 8th. So the date range for the mystery photo would be Dec 26th - Jan 8th.

Agreed and I'll double-check. I do know the arrival date in Singapore is substantiated by a stamp in Jimmy's passport. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/17/2010 at 3:47 PM, SteveAJones said:

Given the sustained, remarkable level of interest in the Zeppelin Mysteries thread in the main forum, I thought this would be the right time to launch a Photo Forum thread strictly for the purpose of examining obscure Led Zeppelin & related photographs. If you have a photo you are seeking to match against a specific date, concert, event, location

or trying to identify someone depicted with them you've come to the right place.

To get things started, I wish to submit this photograph of Page, Bonham & Plant astride Suzuki motorcycles. I seek

any additional details:

PagewithBonhamPlantonMotorcycles.jpg

This was taken at French's Forest Sydney Australia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...