Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

• 2 weeks later...

I skimmed through the thread for this one but didn't see it. What is the exact date for this? Plant's shirt says 75, but Bonham and Page look like 73. I know it was at Rodney's English Disco and not the Rainbow Bar and Grill, which supposedly closed in 75. If this is pre 75, then is this the only photo of Plant in that blouse outside 1975?

910116795_Zepatclub.jpg.e8a40b46e0ea6f5adc9532eef9127151.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:16 AM, gibsonfan159 said:

I skimmed through the thread for this one but didn't see it. What is the exact date for this? Plant's shirt says 75, but Bonham and Page look like 73. I know it was at Rodney's English Disco and not the Rainbow Bar and Grill, which supposedly closed in 75. If this is pre 75, then is this the only photo of Plant in that blouse outside 1975?

910116795_Zepatclub.jpg.e8a40b46e0ea6f5adc9532eef9127151.jpg

Going from memory it's John Bonham's birthday party (or around that date). That's the back booth at Rodney's English Disco on the Sunset Strip.

Robert most likely acquired that blouse while on tour Japan in October 1972. I have always wanted to know for certain when and where he got it.

Edited by SteveAJones

18 minutes ago, gibsonfan159 said:

I've seen this disputed several times and it usually ends up being Rodney's. I don't know either way, just saying it's a common assumption apparently.

My post was strictly going from memory, which is always a bad idea. I have since edited it. Here's the booth:

RodneyB.jpg

1 hour ago, phazedchinawhite said:

No doubt on tour in 77 - Not sure what's going on here

tumblr_p719f8lXCi1we70ido10_400.png

I've discussed this one before. Firstly, it's June 1977. Secondly, the light fixture behind Bonzo matches those of the Plaza Hotel in New York   (at least at that time). Thirdly, it is thought the woman is either presenting Jimmy with a gift of some sort or had held onto something for him.

26 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I've discussed this one before. Firstly, it's June 1977. Secondly, the light fixture behind Bonzo matches those of the Plaza Hotel in New York   (at least at that time). Thirdly, it is thought the woman is either presenting Jimmy with a gift of some sort or had held onto something for him.

Thanks for filling me in

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Bit of a weird one..

Related image

This photo is down as Jimmy being with Lionel Bart at TSRTS premiere NY..

Why would he be carrying his 75' stage gear with him that late on in 76?

NY 1975, not TSRTS premiere.

21 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

But the date is down as Oct 75?

They weren't on tour, of course it's plausible the dates wrong

It's almost certainly in February 1975 as they were at the Plaza Hotel Jan 29 - Feb 16. It's definitely not October 1975.

10 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

First pictures we have of Pagey smoking, timeline and plain common sense wise it would lead me to believe it's from this 76's session.

Am I right?

tumblr_ol6uw6dKkD1qmuxf7o1_1280.jpg

These were published in a UK magazine which I'll have to dig out to narrow down the date, and I think I have seen it said before that these are the first shots of Page with a cigarette. As a by the way, these were the gardens immediately behind the Swan Song Records Office at 484 Kings Road in Chelsea. As I recall this photo shoot was done in conjunction with an interview at the office.