Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

5 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Plant with singer Allanah Miles. Anyone know when/where it was taken?

IMG_20190318_233353.thumb.jpg.986a3d5776f7d58a49f6392767a9f38d.jpg

The quick answer is circa Jul/Aug 1990 while touring North America. The boy is Logan Plant. The photographer, Frank Melfi, may have more exact details on file if I don't.

robert plant dating Alannah Myles.jpg

One of the LZ fans on my Forum site inquired as to who the fellow on the right with the mustache might be.  See the picture below.

image.jpeg

The photo is also posted on my Carnegie Hall Led Zeppelin concert Forum on Page 8, referenced below:

The inquiring fan's link is as follows:

https://forums.ledzeppelin.com/profile/33076-76229/

Edited by drowan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw this on reddit. Is this really Plant? They were in Dallas March 1970, but....it just doesn't look right. I know blond hair can go dark in water, but the shape of the face doesn't look quite right either.

On 3/19/2019 at 5:29 AM, SteveAJones said:

The quick answer is circa Jul/Aug 1990 while touring North America. The boy is Logan Plant. The photographer, Frank Melfi, may have more exact details on file if I don't.

robert plant dating Alannah Myles.jpgAdd Alannah Myles to the long list of women WHO'VE OPENED FOR ROBERT.

On 4/30/2019 at 7:54 AM, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

No, the pics are different. The black and white one is Page flying out of Logan airport in Boston, May 1969. That’s one of the Charles Bonnay pics. A bunch of them are on gettyimages. 

Edited by pluribus

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:22 AM, 76229 said:

Saw this on reddit. Is this really Plant? They were in Dallas March 1970, but....it just doesn't look right. I know blond hair can go dark in water, but the shape of the face doesn't look quite right either.

It's legit. According to my notes it was taken at the Cabana Motor Hotel, possibly on 8/23/70 which was a day off. There is a second shot of him hoisting himself out of the pool -- naked as I recall.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

It's legit. According to my notes it was taken at the Cabana Motor Hotel, possibly on 8/23/70 which was a day off. There is a second shot of him hoisting himself out of the pool -- naked as I recall.

There's quite a lot of pics - color & black & white - of RP in the pool by photographer Carl Dunn at the Cabana Hotel. Also shots of Bonham, JPJ by the pool and in the hotel room.

1 hour ago, sam_webmaster said:

There's quite a lot of pics - color & black & white - of RP in the pool by photographer Carl Dunn at the Cabana Hotel. Also shots of Bonham, JPJ by the pool and in the hotel room.

Eye Thank Yew! Here's a bit more about the hotel for anyone interested:

https://flashbackdallas.com/2018/01/09/the-cabana-motor-hotel-of-dallas/

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2017/10/05/residential-tower-resort-pool-planned-cabana-hotel-redo

https://www.aiadallas.org/v/columns-detail/Lost-Found-Cabana-Motor-Hotel/qe/

postcard_cabana_motor_hotel001.png

Cabana.jpg

data-centerhotel1-copy_750xx1381-777-0-81.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

This is in reference to a dispute on a Facebook page in which the lady below claims to have met to Robert backstage in 1983. Everything about this info seems false, but is there an explanation for the photos?

The two photos she is holding were almost certainly taken in 1977, as that is the year he wore that silver and black necklace. It does seem to be her in the photo (at far right). Perhaps she recalls where better than when. I would love to see those photos properly scanned and uploaded as I've never seen them before. 

Edited by SteveAJones

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

The two photos she is holding were almost certainly taken in 1977, as that is the year he wore that silver and black necklace. It does seem to be here in the photo (at far right). Perhaps she recalls where better than when. I would love to see those photos properly scanned and uploaded as I've never seen them before. 

They apparently appeared in Creem in 1977 and were taken at a Showco party at Mother's Blues Club in dallas by photographer John Gasperik. The lady is obviously mistaken about the date but the photographs look authentic enough. She claims to have been ten at the time.

She's in complete denial of the date however lmao.

Edited by gibsonfan159

1 hour ago, gibsonfan159 said:

She claims to have been ten at the time.

Well no wonder people are having such a hard time believing her... if you're gonna lie about some aspect of a story, try to not make it the most obvious thing possible lmfao

• Administrators
14 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The two photos she is holding were almost certainly taken in 1977, as that is the year he wore that silver and black necklace. 

The first time I recall seeing that necklace was in 1976 at the Song Remains The Same premiere:

TSRTS76-ny.jpg

17 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

They apparently appeared in Creem in 1977 and were taken at a Showco party at Mother's Blues Club in dallas by photographer John Gasperik. The lady is obviously mistaken about the date but the photographs look authentic enough. She claims to have been ten at the time.

She's in complete denial of the date however lmao.

The story sounds plausible, but those photos were not in Creem magazine.