Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

Hi Billy

Are you sure that photo is from 76? I think Jimmy looks younger there, and healthier. And his scarf looks more early than late 70's, don't you think? And would Bonzo still be wearing clothes he had in 73? He had gotten a bit fatter by 76, I'd say. Would they still fit him? The hat maybe, but the jacket?

Whatever, it's a real cool picture!

Love ;)

Toni

Oh Billy!

That was almost a nice reply you had going on there, thankyou for the effort, you can relax now :D, but WHY did you have to go and blow it with 'so there'?

What did I do wrong? Just trying to understand, is all :huh:

Toni

You're very sensitive. Are you a delicate flower that must be handled with care?

i167240672_38571_3.jpg

In this photo, Bonzo and Lori are making a grand entrance to Bonzo's 24th birthday party.

Love,

Billy

post-8815-128036695765_thumb.jpg

Hi Billy

Well nobody ever called me delicate before, but I guess I am sensitive. And yeah, I do like to be handled with care:blush:I think all girls do, sometimes anyway:D

Wow, Lori with Bonzo! I thought she was Jimmy's girl, did they share her? Or was that Jimmy's birthday present for Bonzo? Like, 'have one on me, dude! Knock y'self out!'

Toni

Nah, I think this is just further proof that when he was sober, Bonzo was a kind and caring man who would look out for someone like Lori in a chivalrous way, nothing lude or provocative. Get your mind out of the gutter!

Seriously, she was friendly with the other guys in a platonic way. I'll ask Lori for some thoughts on that photo. She may even have some insight on the other one with Jimmy. Will report back ASAP.

Love,

Billy

Clarification - how do you explain Bonzo wearing the exact same outfit in the 1) photo with Jimmy with his (Bonzo's) back to the camera and 2) the photo with Lori? We know by Jimmy's clothes that they weren't taken on the same occasion.

Better?

Love,

Billy

Edited by BillyMacQ

Clarification - how do you explain Bonzo wearing the exact same outfit in the 1) photo with Jimmy with his (Bonzo's) back to the camera and 2) the photo with Lori? We know by Jimmy's clothes that they weren't taken on the same occasion.

Better?

Love,

Billy

Bonzo had light-colored trousers in your picture, dark-colored trousers in two of my pictures. Different night, same tour.

Were Opryland productions the sole filmers of the Seattle gig ?

34327_407191166297_142413401297_4652899_8192484_n.jpg

That's not Seattle. That's Pontiac from April 30th 1977. I remember that there was a mystery about the photo potentially being from Houston when it first showed up a long time ago, since Opryland is based in the south and did stuff throughout the region. But I believe that it was conclusively proven to be from the Pontiac show. The same camera guys are in other shots from Pontiac.

jimmypage_elterman.jpg

Dude in the back should've asked for 7-UP.

Sheesh.

Oh and...who's that bossumly chick in the back right? HOTCHA !

That photo is from the Faces party from 1976, as previously mentioned. Looks like Bonzo just really liked that outfit when he was in LA!

http://www.buzzfoto.com/2010/02/brad-elterman/jimmy-page-of-led-zeppelin-buzz-foto-1976/

Hi Everyone!

Cookieshoes:

No way is that photo from 76, and BillyMacQ agrees with me here.

Oracle:

'Dude in the back' is Rod Stewart, isn't it? C'mon, get real, he'd NEVER ask for 7-Up :D. Britt, maybe:P. But not Rod.

BillyMacQ:

Did you talk to Lori yet? How do you know her, if I may ask that? And why do you think Knebby said 'Oh my God'? Was she talking about me & you having a little FUN :o??

Thanks

Toni

Hi Everyone!

Cookieshoes:

No way is that photo from 76, and BillyMacQ agrees with me here.

Sorry guys, it's from 76. If anyone would know,it would be the photog: http://bradelterman.tumblr.com/post/363927360/rock-god-jimmy-page-a-post-concert-party-for-the

Besides, don't let Bonham's outfit fool you. Sure, he wore the same thing in 73, but they all wore the same clothes over and over for years. In shots from Chicago 75 Page was wearing the same pink velvet pants he wore at several Zep shows in 69. Page even wore the same red shirt in Texas 75 that he wore at the second La 73 show, and which he also has on with Lori in one of those same 73 shots of Bonham and her. I guess they just didn't like buying new outfits.

Sorry guys, it's from 76. If anyone would know,it would be the photog: http://bradelterman.tumblr.com/post/363927360/rock-god-jimmy-page-a-post-concert-party-for-the

Besides, don't let Bonham's outfit fool you. Sure, he wore the same thing in 73, but they all wore the same clothes over and over for years. In shots from Chicago 75 Page was wearing the same pink velvet pants he wore at several Zep shows in 69. Page even wore the same red shirt in Texas 75 that he wore at the second La 73 show, and which he also has on with Lori in one of those same 73 shots of Bonham and her. I guess they just didn't like buying new outfits.

Right - like photographers have never misidentified or "misdated" their shots. Ok, sure.

Love,

Billy

Right - like photographers have never misidentified or "misdated" their shots. Ok, sure.

Love,

Billy

Sure they do. It happens all the time. Just not this time.

Page's hair looked nothing like that in 1973. After the European March shows, he had it cut short in the front. You can even see it in the pictures of him with Lori in LA in May and onstage at Kezar. He had shorter hair in the front and longer down the back. By TSRTS he pretty much had a mullet. Look at the shot from the Faces afterparty and his hair is long all the way down the front of his shoulders. Check out some of the pics from TSRTS premiere in 76 and it looks exactly the same. Not much of a mystery here. 76 all the way. Anyone who thinks it's from 69 clearly can't tell the difference between Page on heroin in 76 and Page pre-smack in 69.