Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

There was no acoustic guitar or Hammond C3 organ in Jennings Farm Blues.

They were back at Olympic Studios in June 1969, dialing up the center section of Whole Lotta Love and recording What Is And What Should Never Be.

By November 1969, however, Page's hair was pretty long, much longer than what is was in the mislabeled.

Also, in June 1969, they were in Morgan Sound Studios, Willesden, London, UK, recording Sugar Mama, Thank You and Living Loving Maid, all of which has Hammond C3 and Thank You, which has acoustic guitar as a backing track.

Unless there are any objections, I call this one closed.

I've added these sessions to my chronological database as I'd overlooked them and agree the photograph was most likely taken in June 1969.

The picture posted above with Jimmy wearing the crushed velvet jacket is from the U.S. leg of the ARMS shows in 1983. I have a photo of him at that time with the exact same look and outfit.

I'm inclined to agree. If you could post an example of one of those photos it would be appreciated. According to the Internet Movie Database that film was released in the US in September 1983 and it's plausible promotional posters were still on display in December. Still seeking confirmation of venue, location and date.

37358_127598310611339_100000835113667_131575_6574179_n.jpg

Seeking an accurate translation and confirmation of the name and date of the publication it originally appeared in.

Steve,

Can't help you with an accurate translation - I always use Google Translate, as I am sure you do too. I think there is a Brazil based member on here Brspled (?) who you could contact directly. With regard to the photo, I looked for information about Jim Capaldi and his widow, Aninha Capaldi and have copied a Wikipedia entry here from which you might be able to deduce the date. The taller girl in the photo is Scarlet, so the other girl will be the Capaldis' child. It all depends on how old you think the kid looks - 3 or 4?

"...He married Brazilian-born Aninha in 1975 and in 1976 toured with his band Space Cadets before moving to Brazil in 1977. His daughters Tabitha and Tallulah were born in 1977 and 1979, respectively. The Capaldis lived in the Bahia region of Brazil until the beginning of 1980 and while there he became heavily involved with environmental issues. The track "Favella Music" on his 1981 album Let The Thunder Cry arose from his love of Brazil and he worked with several Brazilian composers." Source: Wikipedia

Aninha Capaldi is on a social website where you could send her a carefully worded message asking if she could clarify details for your Zeppelin collection. Mrs Capaldi seems to still be friendly with Charlotte Martin.

Good luck

Steve,

Can't help you with an accurate translation - I always use Google Translate, as I am sure you do too. I think there is a Brazil based member on here Brspled (?) who you could contact directly. With regard to the photo, I looked for information about Jim Capaldi and his widow, Aninha Capaldi and have copied a Wikipedia entry here from which you might be able to deduce the date. The taller girl in the photo is Scarlet, so the other girl will be the Capaldis' child. It all depends on how old you think the kid looks - 3 or 4?

"...He married Brazilian-born Aninha in 1975 and in 1976 toured with his band Space Cadets before moving to Brazil in 1977. His daughters Tabitha and Tallulah were born in 1977 and 1979, respectively. The Capaldis lived in the Bahia region of Brazil until the beginning of 1980 and while there he became heavily involved with environmental issues. The track "Favella Music" on his 1981 album Let The Thunder Cry arose from his love of Brazil and he worked with several Brazilian composers." Source: Wikipedia

Aninha Capaldi is on a social website where you could send her a carefully worded message asking if she could clarify details for your Zeppelin collection. Mrs Capaldi seems to still be friendly with Charlotte Martin.

Good luck

Fascinating! You've indirectly connected Page to Bahia more than a decade prior to public appearances there that are more commonly known. Many thanks! The caption seems to suggest something along the lines of "Jimmy, Charlotte, Scarlet, and Jim Capaldi's daughter arrive at the Copacabana Palace in Rio". It looks

as if it could be circa 1982. Still pursuing confirmation.

Steve, this may be off topic for the photo forum, but talking about Jimmy in Brazil, brought a couple of things to mind. Apologies if you are already aware of these.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2003/jan/26/brazil.observerescapesection - Howard Marks talks about meeting Jimmy in Brazil.

http://www.abctrust.org.uk/documents/Annual_Review.pdf The Copacabana Palace Hotel is mentioned in the ABC Trust's Annual Review as a supporting organisation.

Steve, this may be off topic for the photo forum, but talking about Jimmy in Brazil, brought a couple of things to mind. Apologies if you are already aware of these.

http://www.guardian....erescapesection - Howard Marks talks about meeting Jimmy in Brazil.

http://www.abctrust....nual_Review.pdf The Copacabana Palace Hotel is mentioned in the ABC Trust's Annual Review as a supporting organisation.

Thank you very much; I had not seen either before. Great additions to the archive.

Hmm, I don't think any of the horseback footage was done at Jennings Farm, as far as I can recall.

I'm not sure about this myself. I do recall when I went to Raglan Castle there didn't seem to be any woodlands such as those in the film and certainly no brick houses/structures such as those in the photo.

Unknown1VinnieZuffante0001.jpg

I'm seeking confirmation of specific location and date. (Possibly taken in June 1982 while in NYC to promote the release of 'Pictures At Eleven').

Photo Credit: Vinnie Zuffante (New York City)

Unknown2KodakAug19820001.jpg

I'm seeking confirmation of photographer, location and date. (It's stamped Kodak Aug 82 on back).

Unknown3BookCityCollectiblesinHollywood0001.jpg

I'm seeking confirmation of photographer, specific location and date. (Fairly certain this was taken at The Forum in Inglewood, CA June 17, 1985).

Photos courtesy Steve A. Jones Archive

Edited by SteveAJones

19850514.jpg

I'm seeking confirmation of the location. The sign behind him seems to read "parking" or "park" or something similar and he seems to be enjoying a drink. Photo was allegedly taken May 14, 1985. If this is correct, it's probably somewhere in the UK - perhaps London - as he'd flown from NYC to London on May 12, 1985. It's a longshot but perhaps the sign will look familiar to someone.

Anyone have a good quality scan & more info about this John Bonham photo? I was showing it to Jason today and he hadn't seen it before. It was published in one of the Japanese music magazines.

post-5-080389300 1285253555_thumb.jpg

I do not, but what an awesome-looking cow!

EDIT: Gosh. What kind of cow is that?? I'm just... entranced with that cow!

Edited by Kayte

Anyone have a good quality scan & more info about this John Bonham photo? I was showing it to Jason today and he hadn't seen it before. It was published in one of the Japanese music magazines.

I'd guesstimate that it was between the 1973 European Dates (March-April) and the start of the 1973 US Tour. That bull looks to be the same bull that Bonham has to coax along in TSRTS movie too.

That's about all I see.

...eternally grateful to Legendary Chris Dreja/Yardbirds @Yardbirds Meet and Greet CD Signing & Show Winnipeg, 2009; and Joseph C. Pereira/Author, Legends of Golden Venus, Singapore:

This photo is very special to me from the very first time I saw it on the Official Site for many reasons... places alone are nothing without faces, and this photo stood hauntingly alone for so long; and now details have been generously shared with me by above two gracious artists....

yardbirdssinp.jpg

Chris Dreja:

The gentleman photographed with Family is a Tourist Officer, the Yardbirds met him and had dinner with him while performing in Singapore; and that "it was unusual meeting"....Chris Dreja

Joseph C. Pereira

- I have seen that picture before elsewhere. I believe it was a house

in Sembawang area. There was a British military base there and the

children you see in the picture are probably children of civilians

who worked in the British military establishments in that area.

...Thank You To Legendary Chris Dreja and Joesph C. Pereira :notworthy: :notworthy:

Great photo! Presumably taken at The Old Hyde with one of his prize-winning Herefords. If you'd like to email a clear scan to me I can get the Japanese caption translated into English over the weekend.