Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

It is indeed at the Continental Hyatt House from May 31, 1973. I don't know the specific event, whether it's a end of the leg party, after show party or a Gold Record Award event. Perhaps someone else can shed some light.

I'll tell you why I don't think this is LA in May of 1973, but do think it's New York in July 1973: John Paul Jones is missing his mustache from the early part of the 1973 US Tour. All you need to look at are the pictures from Kezar Stadium in San Francisco from June 2, 1973, and compare them to these shots. I don't think JPJ grew that mustache in 2-3 days. Also, check out other photos of Jonesy from Tampa (May 5) or New Orleans (May 14)...he has the mustache.

As we know from the movie, he didn't have facial hair for the closing three nights in MSG that July. These photos have to be taken in New York.

I'll tell you why I don't think this is LA in May of 1973, but do think it's New York in July 1973: John Paul Jones is missing his mustache from the early part of the 1973 US Tour. All you need to look at are the pictures from Kezar Stadium in San Francisco from June 2, 1973, and compare them to these shots. I don't think JPJ grew that mustache in 2-3 days. Also, check out other photos of Jonesy from Tampa (May 5) or New Orleans (May 14)...he has the mustache.

As we know from the movie, he didn't have facial hair for the closing three nights in MSG that July. These photos have to be taken in New York.

Maybe it was a fake moustache? HA HA !!!!!!

Maybe it was a fake moustache? HA HA !!!!!!

No, that's definitely a James Fortune photo from the HH and not the Drake. I have friends here and elsewhere who were at one or both places and they have confirmed that for me. What they have said is that we may be confusing the dates - these photos might not have been taken when the band was at the HH for the LA shows but either earlier or later in the tour, when they had enough of a break between shows and could have returned to LA for a press conference, recording, R&R, etc.

Edited by MadScreamingGallery

No bites on that photo? Come on guys. I had my last apartment broken into and had two pairs of undies stolen and it was supposed to be safe housing. They had put the locks on the door of my place and my neighbor backwards so that it would be easier to break in.We found that out when we had our locks changed. They eventually had to hack off my door handle because it totally jammed from how messed up the lock got. They literally took down the massive sign for the Royal Bank of Canada on Portland Street. 44 Portland (the year Jimmy was born). There's weird shit going down. And with what Russell Wiliams had been doing..... it's not funny.

Edited by grasphinx

Would anybody know why this font was chosen for this video. It can easily be interpreted as bid Lod. Does anyone here know what's been going on in Lod? Alot of people have been getting killed.

Especially since Lod is the only word in the font text itself using a capital letter, it can easily be referencing the place and the crime levels there from Organized Crime have gone way through the roof. The cops can't handle it.

74314_469071262680_577387680_5846433_6552557_n.jpg

Edited by grasphinx

Would anybody know why this font was chosen for this video. It can easily be interpreted as bid Lod. Does anyone here know what's been going on in Lod? Alot of people have been getting killed. Especially since Lod is the only word in the font text itself using a capital letter, it can easily be referencing the place and the crime levels there from Organized Crime have gone way through the roof. The cops can't handle it.

Insofar as the underware it was among the official merchandise being sold at that event (Robert purchased several items).

Insofar as your thread corrupting posts concerning Lod, Organized Crime etc. it's time to call a spade a spade. You're the latest incarnation of a previously banned member - kabbalahone - in Nova Scotia. Your purple prose was nonsense then, your recent posts are nonsense now.

Edited by SteveAJones

Insofar as the underware it was among the official merchandise being sold at that event (Robert purchased several items).

Insofar as your thread corrupting posts concerning Lod, Organized Crime etc. it's time to call a spade a spade. You're the latest incarnation of a previously banned member - kabbalahone - in Nova Scotia. Your purple prose was nonsense then, your recent posts are nonsense now.

Calm down will you? Thank you for letting me know the underwear is part of a planned event. That is really good to know. I really did have my place broken into and have some stolen. The guy in the military (Russell Williams) who is now in prison for murder broke into 82 homes and stole their underwear before he committed the murders. He murdered the female soldier on my birthday and I had been brutally beaten back in 1982, so there are good reasons for me being freaked out and looking for answers. Okay? Can you please understand that.

As far as the font goes, it does also spell bid Lod and I wanted to know whose idea it was to use it for the video.

It is possible you know, that someone else involved in making that video used it without Roberts' knowing what it could refer to. Have you considered that?

Even in the movie TSRTS they are playing a board game at the beginning that deals with strange concepts, so the theme may have continued.

You want to call a spade a spade? Stop being so paranoid and let me work on finding whose been involved. If you calm down enough, I'll show you another couple of photos that will prove my point. Do you think you can calm down instead of hurling your insults? Some people are happy I'm back so stop it.

You started a thread on Zeppelin mysteries, but when it comes to real mysteries, you get freaked out as all fuck.

Edited by grasphinx

You started a thread on Zeppelin mysteries, but when it comes to real mysteries...

Your posts are nothing more than thread corrupting nonsense for which you were quite rightly (and self-admittedly) banned from this forum. I can only encourage you to log off and get some help.

Churchill is a village in the Wyre Forest District of Worcestershire. Heavy Plant Crossing is a standard UK construction safety roadsign.

Perhaps we can pinpoint the location...it seems to be an intersection...and the identity of the gentlemen in the suit. Further research in progress.

Thank you Steve for any info....being from the west coast of U.S. most of this is new to me.....

Churchill is a village in the Wyre Forest District of Worcestershire. Heavy Plant Crossing is a standard UK construction safety roadsign.

Perhaps we can pinpoint the location...it seems to be an intersection...and the identity of the gentlemen in the suit. Further research in progress.

It was a local garden centre called 'Roseacre' and the gent in the suit was the manager. hope this helps.

While always in search of "new" old photos, it is actually rare that I come across one i have not seen ......

For me this is one of those rare gems...anyone have info on this laugh.gif one?

149733_121780151215406_100001502652667_140266_3968078_n.jpg

I can tell you that I scanned and posted that particular pic. I got it many years ago ( late 70s) from Dave Lewis so he may have mor info regarding its source, but Takamba seems to have sorted the location/other people issue for you ;)

I can tell you that I scanned and posted that particular pic. I got it many years ago ( late 70s) from Dave Lewis so he may have mor info regarding its source, but Takamba seems to have sorted the location/other people issue for you ;)

My thanks to you for the scan and to Takamba for the details.

Steve, This picture shows Number 2 I think with a black bridge pick-up in 1975. I always remember the bridge pick-up being cream. Did he change it in '75?

PIXA2.jpg

^^^

The black pickup suggests it's his #1 Les Paul. Here he is with his #2 Les Paul:

197503001.jpg

------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------

1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard (No. 1)

Purchased from Joe Walsh in April 1969 for £500.

Used on-stage since April 1969 (Fillmore shows) and in-studio from Led Zeppelin II onward

Might be a 1958 model, but the jackplate and the white PAFs point to it being a 1959 model

Specs:

Body:
Single sharp cutaway Mahogany, bound carved maple top

Finish:
Cherry Sunburst

Neck:
Mahogany w/ rosewood fingerboard and pearl trapezoid inlays, shaved to an eliptical profile (prior to JP's ownership)

Frets:

Headstock:
Blackface w/ holly veneer/pearl logo inlay

Tuners:
Gold Grovers (installed on Aug. 9, 1969)

Hardware:
Nickel

Pickups:
2 covered humbucker PAF, original bridge PAF changed, firstly to a T-top, then later to a custom wound Duncan, and has been covered/uncovered at various times

Controls:
2 volume/2 tone, Pull-pot switching,although there is heavy debate as to whether the pull pot on #1 is really for coil split (as on the signature model) or for phase switching & 3-position switch

1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard (No. 2)

Purchased/received in late 1973, however it was not used onstage until Jan. 1975.

Serial number is 91703.

Features a pair of spring-loaded buttons under the scratch plate offering new pickup configurations. One of the buttons puts the pickup into series or parallel and the other offers regular or out-of-phase tones. Installed in 1980.

Specs:

Body:
Single sharp cutaway Mahogany, bound carved maple top

Finish:
Cherry Sunburst

Neck:
Mahogany w/ rosewood fingerboard and pearl trapezoid inlays, shaved to replicate the profile of No. 1

Frets:

Headstock:
Blackface w/ holly veneer/pearl logo inlay

Tuners:
Nickel Grovers

Hardware:
Nickel

Pickups:
2 Double-white covered PAF humbuckers, pickup covers on-again/off-again over the years, usually (but not always) in opposition to No. 1

Controls:
2 volume/2 tone, 3-position switch

Edited by SteveAJones

My friend found some photos of Plant on facebook i've never seen before. Just need to figure out how to upload em to ask some questions!

There are many free picture hosting websites on the net.

Go here.... http://www.imageshack.us/ click on "browse". It will open your documents folders...find the picture you want to post....click on the arrow under "resize" if the source picture is a big one...and choose (640-480 for message boards)..then click "Upload Now"....wait a few seconds and a new window will show a menu w/ codes on the left....copy and paste the code for message boards into your post.....and you're done.

This is really important. Can someone please shed some light on the issue of underwear? Is this part of a game? If someone can answer me, I can show you a very, very interesting photo.

74170_468943437680_577387680_5844760_528891_n.jpg

Pretty sure that is from a series of pix of Robert at Pappy and Harriets Bar in Pioneertown, California Just outside of Joshua Tree.2005-06?

Pretty sure that is from a series of pix of Robert at Pappy and Harriets Bar in Pioneertown, California Just outside of Joshua Tree.2005-06?

He did make two public appearances there on Feb 25 & 26 2005 but this is the correct information for the photograph in question:

April 22, 2007

Wrangler's in Carencro, Louisiana

Robert attended Travis Matte and The Zydeco Kingpins gig with C.C. Adcock and purchased nearly every piece of merchandise and cds being offered (to include panties)

Edited by SteveAJones

Pretty sure the young lady in the wheelchair is Jackie Jennings, a friend from Kidderminster that has brain cancer. Robert did a benefit gig to pay for her treatment.

I've followed this lead but none of the women in the photograph seem to match Jackie Jennings (41) as depicted in the information and links below. My hunch is still circa 2002.

------------------------------------------------

Robert Plant to play benefit gig for neighbour

Singer hoping to raise cash for medical expenses

September 29, 2006

Robert Plant is set to play a benefit gig to pay for the medicial expenses of his neighbour.

The former Led Zeppelin singer will play the gig at Kidderminster Town Hall in Worcestershire on December 23 under the name The Honeydrippers.

The evening’s entertainment will be billed as ’The Return Of The Honeydrippers'.

According to the Midlands paper the Express and Star, Plant hopes to raise for money for Jackie Jennings, who is having treatment for a brain tumour in Boston. The therapy costs £100,000 and the singer hopes to raise £25,000 at the gig. Jennings has already raised £75,000.

It is unclear who will be in The Honeydrippers' line-up, but the band’s album from 1984 featured Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page and Jeff Beck.

http://www.nme.com/news/robert-plant/24506

---------------------------

An April 2008 press release from Jackie Jennings as well as press photos:

http://www.theprotoneffect.org/downloads/jackiejennings_april08.pdf

http://www.theprotoneffect.org/jackiejennings/pages/aboutjackie.html