Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

Anyone have a good quality scan & more info about this John Bonham photo? I was showing it to Jason today and he hadn't seen it before. It was published in one of the Japanese music magazines.

post-5-080389300 1285253555_thumb.jpg

Sam, here's a photo I found in my archive tonight. I believe it's the sign at the entrance to the Old Hyde Farm in the 1970s, as it's long since been removed.

oldbn3.jpg

Edited by SteveAJones

I'm after a scan of the centrefold from this mag I bought in 1991, it's since been misplaced/lost, can anyone help?

Good Times, Bad Times. The Story of Led Zeppelin

I have that magazine archived in the states and could provide a scan, however it will probably be several months before I can physically access it.

I have that magazine archived in the states and could provide a scan, however it will probably be several months before I can physically access it.

That would be great if you could Steve :) It would solve/or open up a can of worms about that photo...

• Administrators

Sam, here's a photo I found in my archive tonight. I believe it's the sign at the entrance to the Old Hyde Farm in the 1970s, as it's long since been removed.

I've tracked down the "cow" photo and have a hi-res version, from an old friend of John Bonham, to whom he gave the photo.

Your posts are nothing more than thread corrupting nonsense for which you were quite rightly (and self-admittedly) banned from this forum. I can only encourage you to log off and get some help.

I have not logged on in a while , wondered what in the hell I was reading and have to agree with you Steve, LOL!

IF there was anything weird or odd about Zeppelin or it's members you can just blame it on the potted Plants.........wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Jimmy Page at Hard Rock Cafe in Roppongi (Tokyo), Japan

153.jpg

Hard Rock Cafe in Roppongi (Tokyo), Japan

149.jpg

102.jpg

101.jpg

097.jpg

Jimmy Page at Hard Rock Cafe in Roppongi (Tokyo), Japan November 1990

145-1.jpg

Jimmy Page at Hard Rock Cafe in Roppongi (Tokyo), Japan December 1993

Last night I had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe in Roppongi (Tokyo) and was pleasantly surprised to find two photos of Jimmy displayed alongside the stairway leading to the entrance. There was also a small flyer promoting JPJ (among others) at their 20th Anniversary concerts held at Akasaka Blitz in Tokyo on Aug 29 & Sep 1 2003. I did not find any Led Zeppelin memorabilia on display inside.

In regards to the photos, it seems Jimmy has made two public appearances there. The first, in 1990, must have occured while he was in Japan from Nov 20-27 to promote the Led Zeppelin Boxed set. The second, in 1993, must have occured while he was in Japan touring with Coverdale/Page from Dec 14-22. I'm seeking to confirm the exact dates Jimmy appeared.

As an aside, I recall David Coverdale proclaiming either keyboardist Brett Tuggle or drummer Denny Carmasi "the rebel of Roppongi" during the band introduction segment at one of Coverdale/Page's two concerts down the road in Yoyogi. Seems to me there may be a good anecdote behind that!

Edited by SteveAJones

well i'm fairly certain there was an issue with the zep boys not donating any items to the hard rock museums which P O'd the management of the chain.........thus leading to the obscure placement of any zep items they do have (such as the zep mic and pics hidden by an obscure fire exit at the vegas hard rock)

childish to be sure.........but really.....the least they could do (zep) is provide a little something .even some old posters would do.....

well i'm fairly certain there was an issue with the zep boys not donating any items to the hard rock museums which P O'd the management of the chain.........thus leading to the obscure placement of any zep items they do have (such as the zep mic and pics hidden by an obscure fire exit at the vegas hard rock)

childish to be sure.........but really.....the least they could do (zep) is provide a little something .even some old posters would do.....

Jimmy presented the late Don Bernstein, then Head of Collections for the Hard Rock Cafe, with a signed promotional object whilst staying in Los Angeles a few years ago. The presentation was filmed and included in the Hard Rock Treasures DVD released in 2005 (available online). A double-neck of Page's (supposedly) was on display in the basement of the original Hard Rock Cafe in London for many years, along with assorted framed concert photographs. A framed concert poster of Jimmy with The Yardbirds was on display near the stairs. There was a John Bonham drum on display at the HR in Baltimore in Summer 2008, and when I stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel in Chicago in Summer 2009 the stylized mirror in my room depicted a '77 era Robert Plant.

Given most if not all of the Led Zeppelin items on display in the official Hall of Fame are merely on loan, if there was ever any hard feelings between the Hard Rock chain and the band members that's news to me.

Edited by SteveAJones

Jimmy Page: Where and When?

UnknownPage.jpg

I'm trying to confirm where and when the photograph above was taken. The Death Wish 2 film premier has been suggested. The film was released February 19, 1982. I know Jimmy delivered the tapes to the studio in December 1981 and then remained in Los Angeles to devote most of January 1982 remixing and reworking the monaural masters into stereo. It seems unlikely he'd stick around Los Angeles until mid-February for a premier but then again perhaps so...or perhaps it was a UK premier? The soundtrack was released in the UK that month and in the US in March. Anyway, I hope confirmation can be achieved here.

The poster behind Jimmy alledgedly promotes this film released in 1980:

David-Essex-Silver-Dream-Race-388773.jpg

Did anybody ever get back to you about this? I think I might have a clue for ya... Hang on here...

Follow this long linky:

http://www.photoshot...&IMGID=06881163

Description reads: JIMMY PAGE Member of the the British rock group Led Zeppelin. Date 26.03.1980 Ref CTW111608 COMPULSORY CREDIT Starstock/Photoshot.

:D

Did anybody ever get back to you about this? I think I might have a clue for ya... Hang on here...

Follow this long linky:

Description reads: JIMMY PAGE Member of the the British rock group Led Zeppelin. Date 26.03.1980 Ref CTW111608 COMPULSORY CREDIT Starstock/Photoshot.

...couple more links for Silver Dream Racer Release Dates:

U.K. Release date: 1980

http://10kbullets.com/reviews/s/silver-dream-racer/

Release Date in U.S. September 1983 - this link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081517/

More Release Dates:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081517/releaseinfo

...I think Jimmy appears to be bit "older" in this photo to be 1980, although not entirely sure as compare to 1980.

Jimmy is front of Silver Dream Racer Poster....

add...

The Poster appears to a 1980 Poster, however,

1983 Arms Tour U.S. December 1983 - by the looks of Jimmy this is also possible?

Edited by PlanetPage

Follow this long linky:

Many thanks. Sam, the webmaster posted similar findings some time ago. Thus far I've been unable to confirm the date is correct and what the location is.

Many thanks. Sam, the webmaster posted similar findings some time ago. Thus far I've been unable to confirm the date is correct and what the location is.

Drat. I thought I'd found something unique! Also, I agree with PlanetPage -- it looks later than 1980.

Can anybody gimme sauce on this pic? Who's the lady? Why's she getting so much sugar?

rp1527.jpg

And is it just me, or does she look like she's been crying? :(

I found this pic (and a buncha other random ones) whilst pretending to be Russian and loitering about ledzeppelin.ru's message board. Hooray for Россия-Матушка!

The identity of the woman remains unknown, as does the date and location. It looks to be circa early '77 and possibly in London. If we can match the mural that's half the battle.

I have a wild idea about who she is... I'll do some research... Probably won't find anything, but I'll definitely let you know if I do. :D

You guys probably already know this, but he's at the same place in this pic:

rp0032.jpg

I personally would totally have put this in 1975, although the hair length certainly indicates '77. That scarf's familiar, too.... Anybody gotta Retna account? Then maybe we could read the caption better?

EDIT: Coulda sworn I'd seen that scarf before, but now I can't find it...

Edited by Kayte

Drat. I thought I'd found something unique! Also, I agree with PlanetPage -- it looks later than 1980.

Can anybody gimme sauce on this pic? Who's the lady? Why's she getting so much sugar?

rp1527.jpg

And is it just me, or does she look like she's been crying? :(

I found this pic (and a buncha other random ones) whilst pretending to be Russian and loitering about ledzeppelin.ru's message board. Hooray for Россия-Матушка!

I think she is Charlotte Martin, Jimmy Page´s wife.

I was going to speculate she bears a resemblance to Morgana Welch (groupie) but in either case it isn't clear to me. As a by the way, Jimmy & Charlotte were never legally married. As such he usually referred to her as "my lady", not "my wife".

I wouldn't really disagree with the date - it looks like 1980 to me. After the 1980 tour Jimmy went very grey around the temples and remained peppered with grey through most of the following years including the first UK Firm dates.

(Sorry - the post below was meant to be an edit - got connection problems :) )

Edited by Knebby