Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

Thanks for posting these. I have seen the middle one but not the other two. Was this around the same time another photo was taken of him playing snooker, with the massive tapestry in the background?

I believe the snooker photo was taken August 24, 1982 while Elli, Julie Welch, and Deana Brooks of 'Feathers In The Wind' (a Led Zeppelin fanzine) were visiting.

Edited by SteveAJones

I believe the snooker photo was taken August 24, 1982 while Elli, Julie Welch, and Deana Brooks of 'Feathers In The Wind' (a Led Zeppelin fanzine) were visiting.

I thought that photo came from a British fan.

looks like the same photo session as this one as well.

I always thought the most intriguing thing about this picture was the fact that Robert has his belt unbuckled^^ Urgh how awkward, even, as the caption says, by Zeppelin standards..

The snooker/pool one came from Steve Jones the Manchester one around 1982

Yes, that's correct. It was taken December 14, 1982, when Steve Jones and his friend Richard (both from Manchester) brought Steve's press clippings collection by. They reviewed it with Jimmy and the visit lasted nearly 4 1/2 hours.

I know this is somewhat off topic but he seemed to make a habit of inviting fans into his home at this point in his life. Wasn't this the same time period that some of the Zeppelin soundboards were stolen? I am not saying his fans stole them but they were strangers to him and if someone in the know had access to them, they also had motive.

I know this is somewhat off topic but he seemed to make a habit of inviting fans into his home at this point in his life. Wasn't this the same time period that some of the Zeppelin soundboards were stolen? I am not saying his fans stole them but they were strangers to him and if someone in the know had access to them, they also had motive.

The soundboards and video material were taken by a fan who befriended Charlotte Martin ( Jimmy's partner at the time) and this was in 84 and 85.

Yes, that's correct. It was taken December 14, 1982, when Steve Jones and his friend Richard (both from Manchester) brought Steve's press clippings collection by. They reviewed it with Jimmy and the visit lasted nearly 4 1/2 hours.

He knows!

Charlotte had moved out of Jimmy's by late 82 or early 83, I have heard that Jimmy's house was broken in to around 80 or 81 and there was lots of footage and audio taken. is this the same incident you all are talking about?

Edited by joey1985

Charlotte had moved out of Jimmy's by late 82 or early 83, I have heard that Jimmy's house was broken in to around 80 or 81 and there was lots of footage and audio taken. is this the same incident you all are talking about?

She was still at Windsor in 1985 and it was no break in.

He knows!

Is this Steve referring to himself in the third person or is this Steve Jones an entirely different person?

Yea that is pretty shitty of someone. So let me ask this, when and in what house did this break in occur because I have read more than once that one of jimmy's homes was broken into.

As I understand it the stealing went on for a period of time. He was often away touring in '85-'86 before marrying in December 1986, the same month MTV announced he'd begun work on his first solo album. The stealing may have culminated with the theft of some material intended for the Outrider album, (as Jimmy has often claimed), and that material was likely recorded in 1985 or early 1986. I do believe most if not all of what was stolen was taken from Old Mill House (purchased in 1980).

According to Sandra Oattes, his housekeeper from circa 1977-1989, Tower House (purchased in 1973) became Jimmy's primary residence once again for the year 1987.

Edited by SteveAJones

As I understand it the stealing went on for a period of time. He was often away touring in '85-'86 before marrying in December 1986, the same month MTV announced he'd begun work on his first solo album. The stealing may have culminated with the theft of some material intended for the Outrider album, (as Jimmy has often claimed), and that material was likely recorded in 1985 or early 1986. I do believe most if not all of what was stolen was taken from Old Mill House (purchased in 1980).

According to Sandra Oattes, his housekeeper from circa 1977-1989, Tower House (purchased in 1973) became Jimmy's primary residence once again for the year 1987.

Nicked over a period of 18 months i would say. All stolen from Windsor. Guilty party claims Charlotte Martin gave them the tapes, not true of course.

Nicked over a period of 18 months i would say. All stolen from Windsor. Guilty party claims Charlotte Martin gave them the tapes, not true of course.

Guilty party also thought nothing of "borrowing" tapes from other people and never returning them - honesty not being their strong point.

This is what he said of the theft :

[W]e did record a lot of shows, but many of the board tapes were stolen from me many years ago. They were sort of "relieved" from my house in the early Eighties when I wasn't there. All of that stuff, along with the recordings of our rehearsals, were stolen and surfaced as bootlegs, which is a drag."

-Jimmy Page, as told to Brad Tolinski in Guitar World, July 2003