Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

...Not certain at all; I only found it on the internet and it states Jimmy at Hard Rock Cafe; No other information was stated; I had doubts for the same reasons stated herein...

thanks...

I'll make a starting assumption it was taken in the United States during The Firm's 1985 or 1986 tour. I say this because there's a bottle of Michelob on the table - an American beer. Other than that I'm a bit stumped at the moment. Perhaps it's a hotel restaurant? Wimpy has a connection to hamburgers (food). Jefferson has ties to Virginia and Washington DC, among other places The Firm may have played nearby. I'd really like to see this one solved as it's a rare shot and a good one at that.

Could it be July 18th 1985 when Jimmy Visited Les Paul at his home for an interview? In part two of the video you can see jimmy's pants look the same and in both part two and one you can see his shirt looks to be the same. I'm not saying this is Les Paul's home but it could be related, although I have seen lots of pictures with that shirt from around this time.

I am wondering if this is the weekend that jp played with the beach boys on the mall in washington dc. july 4, 1985. There is a hotel in Washington called the JEFFERSON. The shirt he is wearing looks like the one he was wearing. There is a video on youtube (lucille) The picture looks like he is in the bar of a hotel.

....this event/image little closer, perhaps?, (Les Paul's 72nd Birthday); the decor is different than above photo, but Jimmy's hair seems to match...

les-paul-jimmy-page_article_story_main.jpg

In this Nov. 6, 1987 file photo, guitar designer Les Paul,

center, signs former Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page's

chest after signing his guitar at a 72nd birthday party thrown

for Paul by Gibson guitar company at New York's Hard Rock Cafe.

Credit: AP Photo/John Bellissimo

Story Link:

Les Paul Remembered.....

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/the-beat-goes-on/posts/slash-john-mayer-and-others-remember-les-paul

edited for add. details..

Edited by PlanetPage

I am wondering if this is the weekend that jp played with the beach boys on the mall in washington dc. july 4, 1985. There is a hotel in Washington called the JEFFERSON. The shirt he is wearing looks like the one he was wearing. There is a video on youtube (lucille) The picture looks like he is in the bar of a hotel.

I think you are definitely on the right track. I'll see what I can find pertaining to The Jefferson and artist accomodations for that event.

....this event/image little closer, perhaps?, (Les Paul's 72nd Birthday); the decor is different than above photo, but Jimmy's hair seems to match...

les-paul-jimmy-page_article_story_main.jpg

In this Nov. 6, 1987 file photo, guitar designer Les Paul,

center, signs former Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page's

chest after signing his guitar at a 72nd birthday party thrown

for Paul by Gibson guitar company at New York's Hard Rock Cafe.

Credit: AP Photo/John Bellissimo

The correct date for this photo is June 9, 1987. The party was hosted by Gibson Guitars...Jimmy attended with Patricia..seated with Jeff Beck and a blonde girlfriend, Phil Carson and a brunette girlfriend…Jimmy jammed with Les Paul and Al DiMeola. He (Jimmy)

was only in town for two or three days attending Les Paul birthday celebrations. The day before he was at Fat Tuesday's and Uptown Rascals. There is of course a connection between Wimpy and Tuesday, his saying "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today", however photographs of Jimmy in a Hawaiian shirt almost always date '85-'86.

• 3 weeks later...

post-1879-0-72362800-1319436634_thumb.jp

That is from the 1977 US tour- Jimmy wore that skeleton/guitar necklace alot on the 2nd leg of the tour. You can also barely see the white dragon top under the red robe(John Bonham wore one of those robes in the Seattle 7-17-77 video) but I don't know the precise date of the photo.

Here is a bigger version of the pic.

red.jpg

Edited by DavidZoso