Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

I think this is 1977 like the other pictures with Bonzo wearing the burgandy jacket, but I don't know who the other person is.

392740_143324612447842_100003109131672_183347_166924985_n.jpg

That looks like the lobby of the Plaza Hotel in NY - June '77, and there's another shot in circulation of Jimmy & Bonzo still in the limo.

The guy seems to be wearing a white robe - is it Elton John? - or perhaps another musician on tour?

That looks like the lobby of the Plaza Hotel in NY - June '77, and there's another shot in circulation of Jimmy & Bonzo still in the limo.

The guy seems to be wearing a white robe - is it Elton John? - or perhaps another musician on tour?

I think she is the woman with Jimmy that is in the footage in this video at the 1:16 point.

Edited by MissMelanie

I don't think it's Cameron...to my eyes this man looks a bit old to be Cameron (who was still a young teen in 1975).

I was also thinking it was around SRTS premiere. I also thought that might be Robert. But it also might be Joe as he wears a hat like that and the hair looks dark which couldn't make it Robert.

Edited by aen27

aen27

Could the woman be Janine Safer Swan Song Publicist? It looks like she is handing or showing something to jp.

I don't know what she looks like. She appears in one of the other pictures in this set where Jimmy is with Bonzo

I also thought Elton John at first.

Edited by aen27

^^^^^ My best guesstimation is 75. He is wearing the pair of jeans and scarf he wore a lot that year, his face is a bit fuller than it was after the 75 tour and isn't that Cameron Crowe to his left? Hmm...very intriguing. Thank you for posting that Sam. I have never seen the photo.

Magenta showed me this picture and I asked her to bring it to Sam's attention. It was also new to me. I don't know where she found it. I also think it is '75-'76.

Edited by aen27

I think she is the woman with Jimmy that is in the footage in this video at the 1:16 point.

aen27

Could the woman be Janine Safer Swan Song Publicist? It looks like she is handing or showing something to jp.

I don't know what she looks like. She appears in one of the other pictures in this set where Jimmy is with Bonzo

I also thought Elton John at first.

I don't think it's the woman in the video with Jimmy...I remember her as being petite whereas Janine and the other woman I was thinking of who worked with the band were tall like the woman in this photo...both blondes, though.

I don't think it's the woman in the video with Jimmy...I remember her as being petite whereas Janine and the other woman I was thinking of who worked with the band were tall like the woman in this photo...both blondes, though.

I also don't think it's the woman in the video.

I've seen her before but I can't remember her name. Wasn't she in a picture with Jimmy and either her brother or husband. I believe they were owners of a well known NY hotel. Can't remember which one either...oh well, what else is new :lol:

Just to add, I believe the picture I'm referring to is somewhere on this forum. maybe on the SAJ Mystery thread

Edited by ally

^^^It's definitely not Cameron Crowe in the car with Jimmy. I'm thinking it looks more like Joe Walsh than Mick Ralphs.

If it is on way to TSRTS premiere, then it must be New York, cause wasn't he wearing the tiger Hawaiian shirt and striped jacket at the LA premiere?

As for the photo from 77 with Jimmy and Bonzo in the red robe, that is definitely a woman and NOT Elton John. Elton is a gnome...Jimmy and Bonzo would have towered over him.

Also, look at the accessories on the woman's arm...the rings and bracelets. Elton didn't accessorize like that...nor is his face shaped like hers.

Edited by Strider

If that's Joe Walsh this could be Feb '75 when they attended a Linda Ronstadt concert in NJ.

If that's Cameron Crowe that also suggests '75 in NY.

....and along with Strider I think this is Joe Walsh also, as indicatred herein......Here is Joe Walsh with his photogallery similar hat/accessories/looks...

and the Jean Pants Jimmy is wearing are fromt the Ambassador Hotel 1975 famous photos/seated on the Couch...

Joe Walsh/Caps...

http://www.joewalsho...tos/solo70s.htm

...and Jimmy's hair in this photo mystery, very curly, as oppose to the smooth feather combed look he supported in 1976, ie. the People Magazine cover...

http://www.whosdated.../magazinecovers

**further, I am thinking Jimmy would attend the Premiere of TSRTS habitually with an member of entourage, ie Closely with Grant, or thereafter Cole....

this photo looks like a social outing out and about...perhaps Jimmy would also be dressed more formally for the Film Premeire, I could see Jimmy wearing pair of jeans to a concert...(blue jeans that is)...

...just some thoughts..

Edited by PlanetPage

this photo looks like a social outing out and about...perhaps Jimmy would also be dressed more formally for the Film Premeire, I could see Jimmy wearing pair of jeans to a concert...(blue jeans that is)...

He and Joe Walsh attended a Linda Ronstadt concert in NJ together in Feb '75. It could possibly have been taken then.

• Administrators

Backstage Pittsburgh. Interesting....never have seen any other photos from this setting. It looks a bit "filmy" to my eye.....could it be an out-take still from backstage footage?

post-1879-0-74859600-1326123059.jpeg

They didn't play Pittsburgh in 1977.

It's definitely just a photograph, not film.