Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

Does anybody know anything about these pictures?

JimmyPage45.jpg

JimmyPage46.jpg

JimmyPage47.jpg

do not know other person in the photo but they were taken outside the gates of Jimmy's house in Windsor. I had photos taken in the same place with him...looks like around then same time period too.

^^^ I was about ready to say that it's from May 18, 1977 because of JPJ in the white outfit, Page in the full Poppy suit, Plant in the red jacket, white towel on the full stack of Marshall cabinets with 2 bottles, positioning of the stage right overhead drum mics... but then it looks like most every date in late May/early June 1977. It would be nice to see if there were other pics to see the power amp racks all in a row or what Bonzo was wearing.

Looks like a rather small stage for a '77 show. Could that help?

I took a shot in the dark and searched for "Mattson Estate Liquidators" and found that company is in San Diego, CA..

If that means anything at all, I don't know. Thought maybe it could help?

• 2 weeks later...

do not know other person in the photo but they were taken outside the gates of Jimmy's house in Windsor. I had photos taken in the same place with him...looks like around then same time period too.

Thank you for the information about the location and yes, these pictures probably were taken in same time, to my mind too.

Does anybody know anything about these pictures?

I believe they were taken August 31, 1981. Five American fans returned for the third day in a row so Jimmy invited them in for private conversation that went past midnight. The day prior Jimmy was waiting for Charlotte and unreceptive to meeting them, the day prior to

that they were told Jimmy was napping.

I believe they were taken August 31, 1981. Five American fans returned for the third day in a row so Jimmy invited them in for private conversation that went past midnight. The day prior Jimmy was waiting for Charlotte and unreceptive to meeting them, the day prior to

I found all these pictures in I think in the fanzine Zoso. I don't remember that any information was given. I had never seen them before and orginally shared them here. Thank you for the back story, Steve.

Edited by aen27

Thank you.

Two questions;

Where was this photo taken? It has to be England 1972-1973 or Europe 1973.

2yjvn7p.jpg

And this one I have never, ever seen.

snj85j.jpg

It looks 75-ish to me.

I'm pretty sure that the second one is from the "The Great Dictator", Charlie Chaplin's film. Yeah, someone made a good montage. :D

charlie-chaplin-charles-chaplin--silent-film-cinema-slapstick--the-great-dictator-spoof-satire--12798468.jpg

And I think the first picture is from "The Song Remains The Same".

Edited by why-att

I'm pretty sure that the second one is from the "The Great Dictator", Charlie Chaplin's film. Yeah, someone made a good montage. :D

charlie-chaplin-charles-chaplin--silent-film-cinema-slapstick--the-great-dictator-spoof-satire--12798468.jpg

It is. It is used on one of the bootleg covers. Forgot which one. I think it is for of the '75 shows. The real picture he is trying on his white suit in Chicago.

Edited by aen27

• 1 month later...

Robert Plant at Jahrunderthalle in Frankfurt, Germany on May 9th 1990

These are photographs of Robert meeting with a small group of dedicated German fans in a side room prior to the show. During their meeting Robert signed several autographs and remarked he'd be seeing "a very nice girl in Heidelberg" following the show.

I'm seeking to confirm the names of the fans depicted in the photo(s) for archive captioning purposes; any public assistance would be greatly appreciated.

199005Frankfurt.jpg

199005Frankfurta.jpg

199005Frankfurtb.jpg

199005Frankfurtc.jpg

Photo scans courtesy Steve A. Jones Archive

• Administrators

Robert Plant at Jahrunderthalle in Frankfurt, Germany on May 9th 1990

These are photographs of Robert meeting with a small group of dedicated German fans in a side room prior to the show. During their meeting Robert signed several autographs and remarked he'd be seeing "a very nice girl in Heidelberg" following the show.

I'm seeking to confirm the names of the fans depicted in the photo(s) for archive captioning purposes; any public assistance would be greatly appreciated.

199005Frankfurta.jpg

I remember these pics. I got a set back then from the guy on the left with camera -Joachim, I think. 22 years ago... :o

Two questions;

Where was this photo taken? It has to be England 1972-1973 or Europe 1973.

2yjvn7p.jpg

And this one I have never, ever seen.

snj85j.jpg

It looks 75-ish to me.

I don't know if this has already been cleared up but the bottom picture- his face is from 1975

post-20397-0-33047500-1341800910.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This mystery photo is "totally 80s". I figured out who it was - pop singer Taylor Dayne - and having found an interview of hers deduced it was most likely taken in April 1988. Now if anyone out there has UK news archive access (kenog?) perhaps we'll confirm it was taken

when both appeared on the television program Wired filmed at Pinewood Studios in Iver, England on April 13th 1988. Robert was definitely interviewed for that program on that day.

PlantwTaylorDaynepossiblyApril131988.jpg

Robert Plant with Taylor Dayne

That she has hit the big time didn't dawn on Dayne until she met one of her idols, Robert Plant, on a recent trip to England. The Led Zeppelin star strolled into her dressing room before a TV appearance and took an immediate interest in Dayne's backup singer. "She was wearing a costume, and I mean this thing was like she was wearing nothing," says Dayne. "So Robert sees her and starts to turn on the charm. 'Hi, my name's Planty, what's yours?' So I'm thinking, 'Great, he doesn't even notice me.' " Rejection. Dejection. And elation: "Then we met, and he started flirting and saying flattering things to me!" (May 1988)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n56RuGll4F4