Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

It's backstage at a festival - the guy asleep is one of the band The Macabees, he'd had a few too many and fell asleep, and then several of his heroes were around and he slept right through it. His fellow band members took the photos - there was also one with Dave Grohl and some others - but considering the T-shirt this one was the funniest. When he woke up and they showed them to him, he didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

(You just beat me Cookie- but I don't think that's the original source of the pic. I first saw it on the phone of the guy who took it. ) :beer:

Edited by Knebby

It's backstage at a festival - the guy asleep is one of the band The Macabees, he'd had a few too many and fell asleep, and then several of his heroes were around and he slept right through it. His fellow band members took the photos - there was also one with Dave Grohl and some others - but considering the T-shirt this one was the funniest. When he woke up and they showed them to him, he didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

(You just beat me Cookie- but I don't think that's the original source of the pic. I first saw it on the phone of the guy who took it. ) :beer:

I think together we worked it out then. In the article I posted it refers to the sleeping guy in the Led Zeppelin T-shirt as Sam. There's a member of The Maccabees called Sam Doyle who looks exactly the same.

Link to photo of Sam Doyle for comparison http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5101/5640944444_8719682cee_z.jpg

I already knew - it is definitely Sam from The Macabees.

(PS I answered this question the first time it was posted too ;) )

*I have to edit this to say the blog is a good find too - at least it proves the Grohl pic which I had never seen online before , only on a phone)*

Edited by Knebby

Peter20Grants20wife.jpg

Gloria, the petite girl on the right, was a former ballet dancer who married Led Zeppelin manager Peter Grant in 1962.

No other details are known so I'm seeking any further information. I suspect she is wearing a wig and it could be have been staged by film director Peter Clifton circa Autumn 1974, with Clifton's wife on the left.

...Probably known already, but here is excerpt/"Trampled Underfoot" directly from the Very Lovely Glora Grant;

scan0002.jpg

Here's a mystery I'd like to be solved.

This guitar... various sources indicate it's a KET custom. What else is known about it?

KET_Custom1.jpg

Here's a mystery I'd like to be solved.

This guitar... various sources indicate it's a KET custom. What else is known about it?

KET_Custom1.jpg

Jackson guitar (headstock and body shape) and a Fender Stratocaster (Volume, Tone, Blend knobs). It does appear to be customized, however, in the fact of the pickups ( 2 single-coils in the bridge & middle positions and 1 lipstick-style in the neck position) don't seem to be standard in either Jackson or Fender guitars.

http://www.led-zeppelin.org/joomla/studio-and-live-gear/1190

Okay this picture is really cool, some of you might have heard that Zeppelin played a show in Wheaton MD January 20th 1969, however this has never been confirmed. No proof has ever surfaced either. The man in this picture is the person who is claimed to have put on the show and claims himself that they did play. it is on the timeline but again no proof. I sent this picture to Mr. Richards to see if he would give me any details and I'm waiting on a reply. The year is wrong but it could be a labeled 70 instead of 69 or it really is 70 and has nothing to do with the unconfirmed show in Wheaton.

post-16167-0-07829400-1353960218_thumb.j

another cool thought, the Wheaton show has been mislabeled as Baltimore and they are only about 45 minutes away from each other. As far as I know Mr. Richards was huge in the DC area which Wheaton is a suburb of so it makes more sense that this is not Baltimore. Zeppelin did play in Baltimore in 70 but I have a feeling this is from Wheaton

I'm not sure where or when this is, looks like 84 or 85

Hi Joey-

I can solve this Led Zep "photo mystery"..... I would be the photographer of record for this particular shot.

This is a photo that I took of Jimmy Page in March 1985 in Ronnie Lane's room at a party after the Firm's show in Austin, Texas that night.... Where did you find it?

http://www.markbowmanimages.com/friends/jimmy-page-at-ronnie-lanes-party-austin-1985/

Photo: Mark Bowman Images - Austin 1985

Austin-Ronnie-Lane-Room-2-Medium.jpg

Yardbirds in 66 but does anyone have anymore info on this picture?

These pictures were shot and belong to Seymour Duncan, who was hanging out with the Yardbirds when they played in Lima, OH on December 4th, 1966

Here's a link to more photographs by Seymour Duncan from that night: http://www.pbase.com/jroy/swd