Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SteveAJones

Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

Perhaps Metal Muscle from July 1988? It declares "Led Zeppelin Lives!" on the front cover:

http://www.rogerberl...volume1988.html

Bear in mind I'm going from memory and don't have my copy with me, but those purple and white stripes look vaguely familiar.

Unfortunately not, it's much more recent than that.

Contacted the seller, he says that he thinks it's from a Classic Rock Magazine special on Led Zeppelin.

Just found this on facebook and it was new to me. It says that Jimmy is with a group called Black Oak Arkansas. It looks like it's 1975 about from Jimmy's hair. Does anyone know more?

blackoakarkansas_zpsbbe63e5b.jpg

^^^ That is Black Oak Arkansas, but not sure of the exact date or event. That is Tommy Aldridge (drummer for other groups like Ozzy Osbourne, Whitesnake, etc) behind Jimmy's left shoulder-he was also of course the drummer for BOA at one time.

I thought this was Julie Felix, but I'm not quite sure.

It is Julie Felix. April 1970 when Jimmy played "White Summer/Black Mountain Slide" on her show.

I thought this was Julie Felix, but I'm not quite sure.

An intriguing photo. Is it just me or does anyone else think JP looks rather haunted in it?

Edited by Disco Duck

n787493348_1182839_2909.jpg Any more info on this photo, trying to find out where it was taken

And am I right in thinking that is not Cole next to Jimmy yet instead Maureen's brother, there is a picture of him and Robert at a wedding if I find it I'll post it

Edited by TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

I have the info about this somewhere but no, it isn't Maureen's brother

Nicola Powell, his PA...taken by Frank Melfi several years ago...Strange Sensation timeframe I'm guessing considering who else is in the picture

???? Who/What/Where?

query_zpsd35543ed.jpg

This photo is from the book stairway to heaven and yes, that is Cole next to Jimmy. The other guy is "the red baron". If I remember correctly this is Germany 1970, I let my friend borrow the book so I can't look it up.

n787493348_1182839_2909.jpg Any more info on this photo, trying to find out where it was taken

And am I right in thinking that is not Cole next to Jimmy yet instead Maureen's brother, there is a picture of him and Robert at a wedding if I find it I'll post it

This photo is from the book stairway to heaven and yes, that is Cole next to Jimmy. The other guy is "the red baron". If I remember correctly this is Germany 1970, I let my friend borrow the book so I can't look it up.

"we bumped into a fellow who called himself "the Baron"(second from right)[R. Cole collection]

Jus found that

Edited by TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

I believe this is Dave Pegg from "A way of Life"

He looks more like Wavy Gravy to me (I remember his face from the Woodstock DVD)

348c0259958d8ada84b878b9421a2d27.jpg

Going by the hair and sweatervest, 1970 seems right.

If it's in Germany, then it's sometime in March.