Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

That the same Alan Whitehead Robert mentions at the Southampton gig of the guys name on the bog wall? Edited by TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

Fantastic, Sam. I've never seen this one before. Do you have a date and location for it? I would have thought it was during Jimmy's time with The Firm.

Paul Rodgers, Bill Wyman, Jimmy Page

• Administrators

Fantastic, Sam. I've never seen this one before. Do you have a date and location for it? I would have thought it was during Jimmy's time with The Firm.

Not sure, probably around the WIllie & The Poor Boys LP. 1985

Who_zpsb5025c26.jpg

I have been wanting to ask about this for a long time...I have seen this photo all over the Internet, even on Pinterest!

I may be crazy but for whatever reason I say it is not JPP, it looks like an older guy to me...does anyone know anything about this photo?

It is always captioned "Jimmy Page".

I know Jimmy is a chameleon with many "looks" but there is something different about this one, is this him or an impersonator?

Edited by Bayougal65

Who_zpsb5025c26.jpg

I have been wanting to ask about this for a long time...I have seen this photo all over the Internet, even on Pinterest!

I may be crazy but for whatever reason I say it is not JPP, it looks like an older guy to me...does anyone know anything about this photo?

It is always captioned "Jimmy Page".

I know Jimmy is a chameleon with many "looks" but there is something different about this one, is this him or an impersonator?

That's definitely Jimmy, it's a Neal Preston shot from 1977. There's another shot of him wearing the same outfit in one of his books (might be the velvet slipcase one). Always stands out because of the weird shoes.

That's definitely Jimmy, it's a Neal Preston shot from 1977. There's another shot of him wearing the same outfit in one of his books (might be the velvet slipcase one). Always stands out because of the weird shoes.

Thanks Cookie, for answering!

I don't know why I thought it wasn't ... The aviators look too big or something, oh well! :D

Edited by Bayougal65

The photo of Jimmy, Bill and Paul was taken at the party for the Willie and Poor Boys album in1985.

The Willie and The Poor Boys album was released April 25, 1985, a day off for The Firm in Chicago. There could have been a release party held then, or a few days later when The Firm's tour reached New York. However, the photo shows Bill Wyman present and he had already arrived in Paris two weeks prior to the album release date to begin recording with The Rolling Stones. I suppose it's possible he was flown into Chicago or New York for a few days of album promotion and a party.

The photo could also have been taken on or around June 24, 1985, the date Page, Rodgers & Wyman were filmed at the Fulham Town Hall in London for the 'These Arms of Mine' promo video.

...still looking into this...Wyman would probably know....

SAJ,

Thanks for providing this level of detail. The thing is that Bill probably would know because he kept his career so well diarised. If you know him, he might clarify for you.

Off Topic:- Bill's 'Sticky Fingers' restaurant in Kensington is well worth a visit for Stones fans (I know you said in a previous post that you've been there) - lots of his personal Stones' memorabilia on the walls. The food's not bad at all.

The Willie and The Poor Boys album was released April 25, 1985, a day off for The Firm in Chicago. There could have been a release party held then, or a few days later when The Firm's tour reached New York. However, the photo shows Bill Wyman present and he had already arrived in Paris two weeks prior to the album release date to begin recording with The Rolling Stones. I suppose it's possible he was flown into Chicago or New York for a few days of album promotion and a party.

The photo could also have been taken on or around June 24, 1985, the date Page, Rodgers & Wyman were filmed at the Fulham Town Hall in London for the 'These Arms of Mine' promo video.

...still looking into this...Wyman would probably know....

Found this on facebook last night. I posted it in the hot pics thread, but was curious when it was. It looks like during the Firm era and one of the times he wore the 'butterfly' coat. The chalkboard reminds me of the '77 pictures backstage. :D

947167_10200702888590520_1706562214_n_zp

Edited by aen27

Drat. I thought I'd found something unique! Also, I agree with PlanetPage -- it looks later than 1980.

Can anybody gimme sauce on this pic? Who's the lady? Why's she getting so much sugar?

rp1527.jpg

And is it just me, or does she look like she's been crying? sad.gif

I found this pic (and a buncha other random ones) whilst pretending to be Russian and loitering about ledzeppelin.ru's message board. Hooray for Россия-Матушка!

Since we now know Jason was there that rules out anywhere in the USA prior to '77. Robert's got those gloves on leading me to think it was a cold weather month in UK/Europe, and yet Jason's jacket is off (or about to be put back on). If the woman just arrived from the chilly outdoors it would explain her "crying expression" as someone put it, then again perhaps they are saying goodbye as the band prepares to leave for recording/touring. To me that mural suggests it's some kind of venue though. I'm just speculating out loud...

Read throught this entire thread...whew! Lots of interesting stuff and you guys are so knowledgable. This photo has been begging me because of the expression on what I really, strongly believe is Charlotte Martin's face and the question "Why's she gettin so much sugar?" I work in obstetrics...she so has the look of a pregnant woman about to deliver...8th month, just hangin' on waiting to get it over with. For Charlotte that would put it in February or March 1971, Scarlet born 3-24-71. Don't know if that fits other details.

The woman in the photograph is not Charlotte Martin.

Read throught this entire thread...whew! Lots of interesting stuff and you guys are so knowledgable. This photo has been begging me because of the expression on what I really, strongly believe is Charlotte Martin's face and the question "Why's she gettin so much sugar?" I work in obstetrics...she so has the look of a pregnant woman about to deliver...8th month, just hangin' on waiting to get it over with. For Charlotte that would put it in February or March 1971, Scarlet born 3-24-71. Don't know if that fits other details.

The woman in the photograph is not Charlotte Martin.

I was comparing photos on this site charlotte-martin.tumblr.com. (Sorry, I am at work and they don't allow me to link to the site.) The nose and eyes looked very similar, especially comparing photos taken from below eye level. So, never mind as you are declarative in your statement.

Edited by nat431

In Dave's "Feather in the Wind", on page 206 it is mentioned there is a terrific shot of Plant in the bar after the show. The pic is in Rock And Folk magazine August 1980.

Does anyone have this photo and perhaps scans of the article? Many thanks in advance.

It's definitely not circa '71 on account of Robert's hair. It was most likely taken sometime between '75-'77.

Found this on facebook last night. I posted it in the hot pics thread, but was curious when it was. It looks like during the Firm era and one of the times he wore the 'butterfly' coat. The chalkboard reminds me of the '77 pictures backstage. :D

947167_10200702888590520_1706562214_n_zp

Great shot. Never seen it before. Wish the resolution was better. It does seem to be circa '86 in a locker room. He loved that coat.

Great shot. Never seen it before. Wish the resolution was better. It does seem to be circa '86 in a locker room. He loved that coat.

It was new to me too. I also wish the resolution was better. I can tell he loved the coat. :)

It's definitely not circa '71 on account of Robert's hair. It was most likely taken sometime between '75-'77.

Is it Vanessa Gilbert? There is a photo of her, Robert, BP Fallon and someone's pet snake floating about the internet.