Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

Is it Vanessa Gilbert? There is a photo of her, Robert, BP Fallon and someone's pet snake floating about the internet.

Good guess, but to my eyes she bears no resemblance to the Vanessa Gilbert in the snake photos, which were taken at the Continental Hyatt House in March 1975.

In Dave's "Feather in the Wind", on page 206 it is mentioned there is a terrific shot of Plant in the bar after the show. The pic is in Rock And Folk magazine August 1980.

Does anyone have this photo and perhaps scans of the article? Many thanks in advance.

Might anyone be able to lend a hand? I'll do my best to repay the favor.

I had been wondering it could be Morgana or Michelle Overman. They were both blondes. Michelle also has claimed to have an affair with Robert.

I've seen photos of Morgana Welch. I don't think it's her. OTOH, I've never seen a photo of Gyl Corrigan-Devlin; maybe it's her.

Unknown1VinnieZuffante0001.jpg

I'm seeking confirmation of specific location and date. (Possibly taken in June 1982 while in NYC to promote the release of 'Pictures At Eleven').

Photo Credit: Vinnie Zuffante (New York City)

Update: Almost certainly taken in New York in June 1982, possibly outside Rockerfeller Center or his hotel.

Roger Berlin recently posted this article from the January 14, 1983 issue of the Italian magazine Boy Music which further supports this having been taken while in NYC to conduct promotional duties for the release of his first solo album:

post-16453-0-59857400-1367688156_thumb.j

Edited by SteveAJones

Would anyone know the date that the picture of Bonham in the lower left hand corner was taken?

http://www.zeppelinart.com/viewimage.asp?main/1980/1980-06-23 bremen/bremen (tarantura 2000)/bremen80_i.jpg

Not sure of the date, but here's a better quality version. You can see that it has been inscribed to 'Jason' and is signed.

post-20091-0-49197600-1368214432_thumb.j

Not sure of the date, but here's a better quality version. You can see that it has been inscribed to 'Jason' and is signed.

I'll see what can be confirmed, but it seems to have been taken during one of Jason's motorcross races which John attended. I believe Jason got his first motorcycle circa 1978. In 1980, 14-yr-old Jason was a factory rider for Kawasaki and actually placed second in the British Junior National Championships.

Edited to add: The inscription and signature appears to be that of Mick Bonham, John's brother.

Edited by SteveAJones

Does anyone have a Hi-Res or color photo of the three remaining members taken in Dec '81 at an awards ceremony, which was held at maybe the Golden Lion?

I have a contact sheet of black and white photos from a professional photographer from the night, and a shitload of amateur ones taken by me and my mates who were there - Sam has put some of them on the main part of the site. Also, yes it was at The Golden Lion but it wasn't an awards ceremony it was a Charity Raffle presentation. Here's my ticket.

Goldenlion.jpg

Edited by Knebby

I have a contact sheet of black and white photos from a professional photographer from the night, and a shitload of amateur ones taken by me and my mates who were there - Sam has put some of them on the main part of the site. Also, yes it was at The Golden Lion but it wasn't an awards ceremony it was a Charity Raffle presentation. Here's my ticket.

Goldenlion.jpg

Thank you for scanning your ticket, Knebby. I have always loved your picture of Jimmy maybe arriving. I love his outfit. :)

Goldenlion.jpg

Would you be willing to post a few of your favorites Knebby or direct me to where I can find some of your pictures. I will also check the main site as well.

Many thanks

Would you be willing to post a few of your favorites Knebby or direct me to where I can find some of your pictures. I will also check the main site as well.

Many thanks

I would also love to see Knebby if you would be willing to share.

I'll have a scout around. I'm always a bit reluctant because every pic I have previously shared has gone in peoples collections and all over the net - it's quite a shock when that first happens and people start posting them as if they have discovered them themselves, but of course you can't expect anything else when you share with the world. I'll give it some thought - thanks for being interested and polite about it x

Many thanks

Cheers hope you found some of them in the photos in the main section (in the pre/post Zeppelin section )

Hey Steve,

I've asked before to no avail. Do you know if there are any photos of JP, RP and their traveling companions inside or around Bron-Yr-Aur? I've seen the ones of Jimmy sitting by the creek, but none of them around or inside the cottage. Thanks.

Hey Steve,

I've asked before to no avail. Do you know if there are any photos of JP, RP and their traveling companions inside or around Bron-Yr-Aur? I've seen the ones of Jimmy sitting by the creek, but none of them around or inside the cottage. Thanks.

None come to mind, actually.

• 2 weeks later...

Who_zpsb5025c26.jpg

I have been wanting to ask about this for a long time...I have seen this photo all over the Internet, even on Pinterest!

I may be crazy but for whatever reason I say it is not JPP, it looks like an older guy to me...does anyone know anything about this photo?

It is always captioned "Jimmy Page".

I know Jimmy is a chameleon with many "looks" but there is something different about this one, is this him or an impersonator?

Finally found the date on this. The photo that was posted above (now deleted) is in Sound & Fury, the eBook from Neal Preston. It's backstage at the Pontiac Silverdome, Michigan, April 30th 1977. See the attached image for reference.

post-20091-0-99849300-1370129572_thumb.p

• 2 weeks later...