Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

Right, we're familiar with the picture of Robert as a schoolboy.....yes? But what about this one? (I found it on Facebook and IMHO it looks like it has been photoshopped)

1044905_474012922682968_802279780_n.png

Caption reads: "Robert Anthony with Baby Sister" I always assumed that his sister was older (I may be wrong)

I'm reminded of a magazine article in which Plant criticized some punk rock groups for their nihilism back during the mid to late 70's. He made the comment "15 year old kids like my sister". His comment would lead the reader to believe that she was younger than him. I'll see if I can find it online.

Edited by Disco Duck

Right, we're familiar with the picture of Robert as a schoolboy.....yes? But what about this one? (I found it on Facebook and IMHO it looks like it has been photoshopped)

Caption reads: "Robert Anthony with Baby Sister" I always assumed that his sister was older (I may be wrong)

This is on his sister's Facebook page. It is legit. There are different ones to with her and him.

I think his sister was born in 1960

• 3 weeks later...

This photo is from the book stairway to heaven and yes, that is Cole next to Jimmy. The other guy is "the red baron". If I remember correctly this is Germany 1970, I let my friend borrow the book so I can't look it up.

That photo was taken in Dusseldorf 3/12/1970 - the Red Baron was the owner of the Discotheque they were guesting after the show

Another Mystery Photo

Seeking to confirm the identity of the man seated beside Jimmy. I thought perhaps Jack Dautrich, the brother of Led Zeppelin's head of security (Bill Dautrich) but the photos of him don't seem to match.

PageandWho.jpg

Its 1977 on Ceaser's Chariot, but I also don't know who the gentlemen is from Showco.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where/when this picture of Jimmy and Joe Walsh was taken?

JimmyandJoeWalsh.jpg

This picture of Joe Walsh and Jimmy Page is published in the July 1975 issue of Rock Scene. According to the magazine, this as well as several other photos included in the feature were taken at a party Atlantic Records hosted for the band at the Penn Plaza Club after their smash opening night at Madison Square Garden on February 3, 1975.

• 2 weeks later...

He was a winner in a guitar contest for Jimmy and the picture was taken by Pennie Smith as it says on the back. From Jimmy's hair and jacket, it looks to be around 1975. I had gotten this a long while ago from ebay. Does anyone know more?

jimmyguitarwinner_zps02d40752.jpg

IDK - It looks almost photo-shopped....

It has the information that I put, Pennie Smith's address in London as well as the measurements of the picture on the back. It is real. It may have been takan at Swan Song.

Edited by aen27

• Administrators

It has the information that I put, Pennie Smith's address in London as well as the measurements of the picture on the back. It is real. It may have been takan at Swan Song.

Here's the original article w/ that photo. (New Musical Express, published: Jan. 18, 1975)

post-5-0-06110500-1381011090_thumb.jpg

Here's the original article w/ that photo. (New Musical Express, published: Jan. 18, 1975)

attachicon.gifnme_1-18-75_JP_guitar.jpg

Wow!! Thank you so much, Sam! You have made my night! :D Thank you so much! I had never seen that articale before. I loved the story. :D

I haven't seen this photo before. It's great! But also taken by Pennie Smith are the well-known pictures from Wandsworth Common in September 1974. Here's one of them, and it's definitely the same guitar.

WandsworthCommon03.jpg

I know these pictures too. I also love the picture which is why I grabbed it when I could. I thought the same about the guitar. :) Edited by aen27

• 2 weeks later...