Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

Steve, for reasons you'll well understand, I thought you might find this interesting http://newstarbooks....ffs-viewfinder/

...Ally, thank you for this mystery solved, and nice to see you here, some time ago now, I did a search and indeed I also came across Vk Name, (never got around to send inquiry) I believe through University in Australia, Syndney a link to this sort...I remember bookmarking the link to pursue...

I also came across this name through a site dedicated to teachings of Zen where many writings were posted by Vlad. K, the name was indeed rare, (only one name ever came via search) I thought it had to be him...

in any case, thank you and looking forward to this book...

OMG, they found Vlad and he's published a book!

Yep ! For those who may not know, the book may contain a number of photo's of Zep in Vancouver and Seattle circa 68- 72 . One thing we do know for sure, is that Vlad was sent on assignment to cover and photograph the Seattle Pop Festival in July of 1969.

Yep ! For those who may not know, the book may contain a number of photo's of Zep in Vancouver and Seattle circa 68- 72 . One thing we do know for sure, is that Vlad was sent on assignment to cover and photograph the Seattle Pop Festival in July of 1969.

I'm going to post from memory (always a bad idea)...I'm fairly certain Vlad left the festival site immediately after The Doors performed (unfortunately just prior to Led Zeppelin).

I'm going to post from memory (always a bad idea)...I'm fairly certain Vlad left the festival site immediately after The Doors performed (unfortunately just prior to Led Zeppelin).

...it was generally decided in that discussion that as Led Zeppelin took the stage so late, the Press has left for publishing early morning...for sure, going by the reviews, the Seattle Pop Promoter Boyd Grafmyer was attendee for Doors, but he soon left counting his money...I do not think he has seen LZ on Stage that night...

I did send inquiry to the Zen Site about Vlad/Seattle Pop Photos, but there was no response..long time ago now...

There's always hope that we were wrong and Vlad did indeed get a few photo's of the bands performance. It's also possible that there'll be photo's from Zeppelin's Vancouver shows circa 68-71. Regardless though, given the era and what Vancouver was like during those times, I think this book will be full of interesting stuff and I'm really looking forward to having my own copy. Okay...back on topic ;)

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

There's always hope that we were wrong and Vlad did indeed get a few photo's of the bands performance. It's also possible that there'll be photo's from Zeppelin's Vancouver shows circa 68-71. Regardless though, given the era and what Vancouver was like during those times, I think this book will be full of interesting stuff and I'm really looking forward to having my own copy. Okay...back on topic ;)

I asked the publisher - They said there is one of Robert Plant in "Seize the Time", from Vancouver '69 at the Agrodome.

I asked the publisher - They said there is one of Robert Plant in "Seize the Time", from Vancouver '69 at the Agrodome.

....thank you for this, and interview with Vlad..only selected images published...Vlad would have final confirmation what is not published...

When he and his wife left Vancouver in 1974 to sail to the South Pacific, he put his negatives in storage where they remained for almost forty years. In 2011 he began selecting and scanning the best of his images for Seize the Time.

http://bcbooklook.com/2013/11/14/time-seized-vladimir-keremidschieffs-definitive-photographs-published-after-four-decades/

• 1 month later...

This is the guy who won the competition to own Jimmy's guitar, right?

Charles Reid and yes he won Jimmy's guitar. Sam answered this for me several pages back in this thread as I had aquired a copy of the actual picture a few years ago from ebay.

Edited by aen27