Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SteveAJones

Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Plant with singer Allanah Miles. Anyone know when/where it was taken?

IMG_20190318_233353.thumb.jpg.986a3d5776f7d58a49f6392767a9f38d.jpg

 

The quick answer is circa Jul/Aug 1990 while touring North America. The boy is Logan Plant. The photographer, Frank Melfi, may have more exact details on file if I don't.

 

robert plant dating Alannah Myles.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

One of the LZ fans on my Forum site inquired as to who the fellow on the right with the mustache might be.  See the picture below.

image.jpeg

The photo is also posted on my Carnegie Hall Led Zeppelin concert Forum on Page 8, referenced below:

The inquiring fan's link is as follows:

https://forums.ledzeppelin.com/profile/33076-76229/

Edited by drowan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2019 at 2:53 PM, farmerfifi said:

Does anyone know the details of this Jimmy Page photo?

JImmy Page.jpgSw

Flying back for the Swan Song opening party,

Here's a better pic:

6b8567dd09b4a02ba96f8d8b762580d3.jpg

I have a picture of him drunk later on:

3e312584e5dda177bea61da1d4c0d375.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Saw this on reddit. Is this really Plant? They were in Dallas March 1970, but....it just doesn't look right. I know blond hair can go dark in water, but the shape of the face doesn't look quite right either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2019 at 5:29 AM, SteveAJones said:

The quick answer is circa Jul/Aug 1990 while touring North America. The boy is Logan Plant. The photographer, Frank Melfi, may have more exact details on file if I don't.

 

robert plant dating Alannah Myles.jpgAdd Alannah Myles to the long list of women WHO'VE OPENED FOR ROBERT.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2019 at 7:54 AM, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

 

No, the pics are different. The black and white one is Page flying out of Logan airport in Boston, May 1969. That’s one of the Charles Bonnay pics. A bunch of them are on gettyimages. 

Edited by pluribus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:22 AM, 76229 said:

Saw this on reddit. Is this really Plant? They were in Dallas March 1970, but....it just doesn't look right. I know blond hair can go dark in water, but the shape of the face doesn't look quite right either.

It's legit. According to my notes it was taken at the Cabana Motor Hotel, possibly on 8/23/70 which was a day off. There is a second shot of him hoisting himself out of the pool -- naked as I recall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

It's legit. According to my notes it was taken at the Cabana Motor Hotel, possibly on 8/23/70 which was a day off. There is a second shot of him hoisting himself out of the pool -- naked as I recall.

There's quite a lot of pics - color & black & white - of RP in the pool by photographer Carl Dunn at the Cabana Hotel. Also shots of Bonham, JPJ by the pool and in the hotel room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sam_webmaster said:

There's quite a lot of pics - color & black & white - of RP in the pool by photographer Carl Dunn at the Cabana Hotel. Also shots of Bonham, JPJ by the pool and in the hotel room.

Eye Thank Yew! Here's a bit more about the hotel for anyone interested:

https://flashbackdallas.com/2018/01/09/the-cabana-motor-hotel-of-dallas/

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2017/10/05/residential-tower-resort-pool-planned-cabana-hotel-redo

https://www.aiadallas.org/v/columns-detail/Lost-Found-Cabana-Motor-Hotel/qe/

postcard_cabana_motor_hotel001.png

Cabana.jpg

data-centerhotel1-copy_750xx1381-777-0-81.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...