Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SteveAJones

Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

As mentioned earlier in this thread, these two photos were also @ Mother Blues. Probably the same night as the Bonzo jam, April 1977. 

1977-motherblues-rp.jpg

43 minutes ago, sam_webmaster said:

I have a partial page of this spread from Buddy magazine:

1977-motherblues1.jpg

Circled in red is the reference to John Bonham jamming with U.S. Kids...so that must be the name of the band in the photo by John Gasperik! The caption also suggests this was after the sold-out Dallas concert which narrows the date down to April 1st or most likely sometime after midnight the morning of April 2nd. I wonder if John Gasperik has a full color print of the jam as well as what now seems to be three different photos of Robert with the lovely ladies? To have these in high-res quality would a real bonus. 

1977-motherblues1.thumb.jpg.8b8c75cfdee70c3b98fdd96fe4a73757.jpg

1977-motherbluesrr1.thumb.jpg.8b8c75cfdee70c3b98fdd96fe4a73757.jpg

This photo of the of the Led Zeppelin 10/12/69 Lyceum Ballroom concert in London shows five guests "stage-right" admiring the band's music. 

Can any Zep fans, particularly fans living in London at the time, or familiar with the London music community connected with Led Zeppelin in 1969,

identify any of these admiring lads???  The fellow on the far right of the assemble guests in the picture is wearing a coat and tie.  The fellow

on the left with his left hand on his hips looks like a fellow musician almost studying either Jimmy Page's guitar playing or Bonzo's drumming!!

image.thumb.png.f6ca711f9480c698f493a669683f4bf7.png

image.png.74f787e73a5ab7eeb1f470099df6d288.png

See the whole Italian article with these photos posted on Page 13 of the Carnegie Hall Led Zeppelin forum posting accessible via the link below:

Edited by drowan

19 hours ago, drowan said:

This photo of the of the Led Zeppelin 10/12/69 Lyceum Ballroom concert in London shows five guests "stage-right" admiring the band's music. 

Can any Zep fans, particularly fans living in London at the time, or familiar with the London music community connected with Led Zeppelin in 1969, identify any of these admiring lads???  The fellow on the far right of the assemble guests in the picture is wearing a coat and tie.  The fellow on the left with his left hand on his hips looks like a fellow musician almost studying either Jimmy Page's guitar playing or Bonzo's drumming!!

The quality of the scan is such that it's almost impossible to say. A press review reported "a capacity crowd cheered them to the echo of a raving rock finale in which backstage fans were seen dancing in the wings". I have a hunch the gentlemen in the suit and tie is the concert promoter for this event, Tony Stratton-Smith.

Tony_Stratton_Smith.jpg

24 minutes ago, sam_webmaster said:

Probably from TSRTS premiere in NY:

1976---jp----.jpg

That's Page with the band Detective who were on the Swan Song label. Looks like 1975 or 1976 when Zeppelin were hanging out in California.

Edited by Chicago

8 minutes ago, Chicago said:

That's Page with the band Detective who were on the Swan Song label. Looks like 1975 or 1976 when Zeppelin were hanging out in California.

Great!  I don't recall seeing pics with Detective and JP before. Just the one where he's sleeping in the background.

4 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

Great!  I don't recall seeing pics with Detective and JP before. Just the one where he's sleeping in the background.

It may have been taken at the same hotel, but a different day. There seems to be a room number on the door.

main-qimg-4ce7713912a07811648c709a5f0f08b4-c.jpg

2 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

John Paul Jones at the Frankfurt Music Show. (exact date unknown)

1970s---Frankfurt-Music-Show---.jpg

Haven't seen this one before. Oct/Nov 1975? I can find nothing on this event. Someone in Germany...I need a good lead to work from.

2 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Jones looks similar to the pic from Frankfurt, did he keep his hair the same length for 5 years?

Sam has added them to the official timeline for Copenhagen 7/23/79.