Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SteveAJones

Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

33 minutes ago, bluecongo said:

Mystery solved, now we know where Jimmys fedora came from 4/10/77 

amazing pics 

The photographer posted these here on the forum a year or two ago.

So I found this pic of Jimmy on another thread but it was posted without any context or date. Does anyone know anything about it (I.e. when or where it was taken)?

b8d76222.jpg

6 hours ago, Kash said:

So I found this pic of Jimmy on another thread but it was posted without any context or date. Does anyone know anything about it (I.e. when or where it was taken)?

b8d76222.jpg

Looks like early 67' to me

11 hours ago, Kash said:

b8d76222.jpg

I'm not convinced it is Jimmy Page, but early 1967 if it is.

On 6/15/2020 at 11:12 PM, SteveAJones said:

I'm not convinced it is Jimmy Page, but early 1967 if it is.

I think it is Page. The Yardbirds went thru a phase that year where they all wore "Lennon shades". Those plastic seats make me wonder if the pic was taken at an airport, pity it's not wider angle to see more detail.

2 hours ago, hercoflex said:

Can anybody help identify this?  I'm stumped.

80243481_10220432886591151_4679716845163628273_n.jpg

Hammersmith Jeff Beck gig  10th March 1981 ?? 

Is Bonzo holding maracas here? Sure looks like it. Jimmy on the Danelectro, so....maracas on Kashmir doesn't make sense...WTF is going on here?  (Photo from Copenhagen '79, the first night)

lzcopenhagen23rd.jpg.10a6082b414e341817f52777d7988dd6.jpg

3 hours ago, badgeholder said:

Is Bonzo holding maracas here? Sure looks like it. Jimmy on the Danelectro, so....maracas on Kashmir doesn't make sense...WTF is going on here?  (Photo from Copenhagen '79, the first night)

lzcopenhagen23rd.jpg.10a6082b414e341817f52777d7988dd6.jpg

That dark area above Bonzo's right hand is the pattern  on his shirt. ( I can't see a drumstick though the pic may have caught him in the middle of twirling the stick and it is pointing downwards ?? _)

On 7/25/2020 at 4:55 PM, dave2007 said:

That dark area above Bonzo's right hand is the pattern  on his shirt. ( I can't see a drumstick though the pic may have caught him in the middle of twirling the stick and it is pointing downwards ?? _)

Two red maracas, they're even picking up the light from above. He's also holding a drumstick which is pointing near his ear. I just listened to Kashmir and can't really hear them anywhere...(great version, btw). I think he was just trying something here, maybe it worked in rehearsals. Is there any film of this show?

1 hour ago, ledzepfilm said:

Old quote but I just dug up some Hendrix pics of him performing at Tulsa and I think it's a match. Note the curtain behind the stage as well as the stage itself...

Agreed!

On 7/28/2020 at 5:22 PM, badgeholder said:

Two red maracas, they're even picking up the light from above. He's also holding a drumstick which is pointing near his ear. I just listened to Kashmir and can't really hear them anywhere...(great version, btw). I think he was just trying something here, maybe it worked in rehearsals. Is there any film of this show?

Really bizarre. Hard to imagine he would be able to hold two maracas and a stick...not likely, because they would get in the way of any fills. Plus they wouldn't be audible with all the amplification. I think it must be a blur or illusion. Was Hot Dog played on Danelectro? Maybe, just maybe he tried it out on that. Kashmir makes no sense at all. No film of this show, AFAIK. 

Edited by porgie66