Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Kash said:

So I found this pic of Jimmy on another thread but it was posted without any context or date. Does anyone know anything about it (I.e. when or where it was taken)?

b8d76222.jpg

I'm not convinced it is Jimmy Page, but early 1967 if it is.

On 6/15/2020 at 11:12 PM, SteveAJones said:

I'm not convinced it is Jimmy Page, but early 1967 if it is.

I think it is Page. The Yardbirds went thru a phase that year where they all wore "Lennon shades". Those plastic seats make me wonder if the pic was taken at an airport, pity it's not wider angle to see more detail.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, badgeholder said:

Is Bonzo holding maracas here? Sure looks like it. Jimmy on the Danelectro, so....maracas on Kashmir doesn't make sense...WTF is going on here?  (Photo from Copenhagen '79, the first night)

lzcopenhagen23rd.jpg.10a6082b414e341817f52777d7988dd6.jpg

That dark area above Bonzo's right hand is the pattern  on his shirt. ( I can't see a drumstick though the pic may have caught him in the middle of twirling the stick and it is pointing downwards ?? _)

On 7/25/2020 at 4:55 PM, dave2007 said:

That dark area above Bonzo's right hand is the pattern  on his shirt. ( I can't see a drumstick though the pic may have caught him in the middle of twirling the stick and it is pointing downwards ?? _)

Two red maracas, they're even picking up the light from above. He's also holding a drumstick which is pointing near his ear. I just listened to Kashmir and can't really hear them anywhere...(great version, btw). I think he was just trying something here, maybe it worked in rehearsals. Is there any film of this show?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 5:22 PM, badgeholder said:

Two red maracas, they're even picking up the light from above. He's also holding a drumstick which is pointing near his ear. I just listened to Kashmir and can't really hear them anywhere...(great version, btw). I think he was just trying something here, maybe it worked in rehearsals. Is there any film of this show?

Really bizarre. Hard to imagine he would be able to hold two maracas and a stick...not likely, because they would get in the way of any fills. Plus they wouldn't be audible with all the amplification. I think it must be a blur or illusion. Was Hot Dog played on Danelectro? Maybe, just maybe he tried it out on that. Kashmir makes no sense at all. No film of this show, AFAIK. 

Edited by porgie66

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, poobear said:

Can someone remind of the name of this guy with Robert ?  Swan Song launch party ??  Is it Phil May from the Pretty Things...thanks in advance

IMG-20201218-WA0000.jpg

This is the Swan Song launch party at Chiselhurst Caves on 10/31/74 but it's not Phil May. If you look closely, there seem to be two people to Robert's right. One, perhaps Jimmy, slightly turned with his back to the camera which slightly obstructs the side profile of the man who does appear in other photos taken that night. Perhaps he was   management or staff for another act, or someone who worked in the UK music industry. I don't think it's Peter Grant, either.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 1:09 AM, SteveAJones said:

This is the Swan Song launch party at Chiselhurst Caves on 10/31/74 but it's not Phil May. If you look closely, there seem to be two people to Robert's right. One, perhaps Jimmy, slightly turned with his back to the camera which slightly obstructs the side profile of the man who does appear in other photos taken that night. Perhaps he was   management or staff for another act, or someone who worked in the UK music industry. I don't think it's Peter Grant, either.

I think that is Richard Cole in the middle.

• Administrators
On 12/18/2020 at 10:44 AM, poobear said:

Can someone remind of the name of this guy with Robert ?  Swan Song launch party ??  Is it Phil May from the Pretty Things...thanks in advance

IMG-20201218-WA0000.jpg

This is from TSRTS London premiere and I believe it's Ian Knight from Showco.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

I added this to the Timeline.... thought it might be good for the LZ Mysteries thread:

(May 1977)

1977-05-pontiac-videoscreen-ad.jpg

I’m not sure how much clarification you can give on this, Sam, but is it correct to assume that the Pontiac pro-shot video is not in the hands of the group? I always figured that if the band had it in the archives, we would have seen it in the MTV/VH1 promos, plus the music videos in the 90s, etc. 

So it appears Opryland provided cameras, Worldstage provided screen projection, and Mobile Tape Video based in Detroit seems to be involved as well in the filming. 

Edited by ledzepfilm