Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

On 5/11/2021 at 5:57 AM, ledzepfilm said:

I’m not sure how much clarification you can give on this, Sam, but is it correct to assume that the Pontiac pro-shot video is not in the hands of the group? I always figured that if the band had it in the archives, we would have seen it in the MTV/VH1 promos, plus the music videos in the 90s, etc. 

So it appears Opryland provided cameras, Worldstage provided screen projection, and Mobile Tape Video based in Detroit seems to be involved as well in the filming. 

While we await any reply from Sam, I'll mention I've seen two theories concerning the footage. One is that it went missing during the mid-tour break that began the following morning, and the other is that Jimmy has long since misplaced it. I doubt Peter Grant would have ever agreed to anyone other than the band retaining possession of it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

I think it's real. These came from a German photo archive a few years ago, who were selling some original prints/slides from '73 and '80.  I picked up a few things.

Well, then that does lend credibility to it. Up until this moment for all I knew the entire image was photoshopped and I don't think I've seen Robert wearing that jacket before. 

9 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Well, then that does lend credibility to it. Up until this moment for all I knew the entire image was photoshopped and I don't think I've seen Robert wearing that jacket before. 

It looks like the sack Robert is holding is missing from the reflection. Hair curl is different too. My vote is photoshop.

On 9/15/2021 at 1:05 AM, No Quota said:

It looks like the sack Robert is holding is missing from the reflection. Hair curl is different too. My vote is photoshop.

I'm 50/50. An uneven reflective surface like that will do strange things to the reflection. It's either someone having a lark turning Jimmy into Robert (which is quite clever and funny), or it's legit. If Sam reckons it's legit and Steven agrees, good enough for me!

3 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

I'm 50/50. An uneven reflective surface like that will do strange things to the reflection. It's either someone having a lark turning Jimmy into Robert (which is quite clever and funny), or it's legit. If Sam reckons it's legit and Steven agrees, good enough for me!

Thanks, and it's just Steve.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, sam_webmaster said:

June 1972, Los Angeles. They're just East of the the Hyatt Hotel (Riot House) on Sunset Blvd. Photo by Jim Marshall. There's a few in this series.

Eye Thank Yew!

Sunset Tower West (now a Best Western) on Kings Road & Sunset Boulevard. It's been driving me mad for weeks.

I couldn't quite read the street sign or the name of the building.

Sunset Blvd.jpg

Sunset Tower West.jpg

Riot House.jpg

Edited by SteveAJones

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
10 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Seeking any information on this photo (date/location/photographer).

243716812_10159942440452577_6937074817316850228_n.jpg

Europe 1973 by Wolfgang Heilemann (I believe that's him behind Robert), who travelled with the band for a few shows and shot for Bravo & others. This photo is either in Germany or Vienna. 

Here's one from Montreux 72:

72-montreux-wh_jb_1.jpg