Jump to content

Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries


SteveAJones
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 5/11/2021 at 5:57 AM, ledzepfilm said:

I’m not sure how much clarification you can give on this, Sam, but is it correct to assume that the Pontiac pro-shot video is not in the hands of the group? I always figured that if the band had it in the archives, we would have seen it in the MTV/VH1 promos, plus the music videos in the 90s, etc. 

So it appears Opryland provided cameras, Worldstage provided screen projection, and Mobile Tape Video based in Detroit seems to be involved as well in the filming. 

While we await any reply from Sam, I'll mention I've seen two theories concerning the footage. One is that it went missing during the mid-tour break that began the following morning, and the other is that Jimmy has long since misplaced it. I doubt Peter Grant would have ever agreed to anyone other than the band retaining possession of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, gibsonfan159 said:

This photo has been around a while but I'm not entirely convinced it's not altered as the hair in the reflection doesn't quite match Robert's. Anyone know the details?

image0.jpg.8c81d980c47aea126087baddaca3dcbf.jpg

In fact the reflection looks like Jimmy! 😮

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, sam_webmaster said:

I think it's real. These came from a German photo archive a few years ago, who were selling some original prints/slides from '73 and '80.  I picked up a few things.

Well, then that does lend credibility to it. Up until this moment for all I knew the entire image was photoshopped and I don't think I've seen Robert wearing that jacket before. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Well, then that does lend credibility to it. Up until this moment for all I knew the entire image was photoshopped and I don't think I've seen Robert wearing that jacket before. 

It looks like the sack Robert is holding is missing from the reflection. Hair curl is different too. My vote is photoshop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 1:05 AM, No Quota said:

It looks like the sack Robert is holding is missing from the reflection. Hair curl is different too. My vote is photoshop.

I'm 50/50. An uneven reflective surface like that will do strange things to the reflection. It's either someone having a lark turning Jimmy into Robert (which is quite clever and funny), or it's legit. If Sam reckons it's legit and Steven agrees, good enough for me!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

I'm 50/50. An uneven reflective surface like that will do strange things to the reflection. It's either someone having a lark turning Jimmy into Robert (which is quite clever and funny), or it's legit. If Sam reckons it's legit and Steven agrees, good enough for me!

Thanks, and it's just Steve.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...